• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Let's see what happens at home before freaking out too badly.

AHF

• Moderators

If we take care of business at home, we just need to steal 1 of 4 on the road. Let's see what we do these next two games before condemning this team too much further. Back against Boston things looked really bleak heading into game 3 as well. Given Woody's track record on the road, Game 2 might even represent some real progress.

OK, admittedly this is taking the best possible view but it will be truly time for condemnation after we play in Atlanta. On the road against the Magic, a loss stinks but is not only understandable...it is expected.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I hate to say it but this is not just a piss poorly coached team but they are mentally weak as well sans Horford. They flat out choke in crucial moments. We had ever chance to win that game with a strong fourth quarter but we just gave it away. I'm more disgusted with that fourth quarter than the entire humiliation in game one.

If we take care of business at home, we just need to steal 1 of 4 on the road. Let's see what we do these next two games before condemning this team too much further. Back against Boston things looked really bleak heading into game 3 as well. Given Woody's track record on the road, Game 2 might even represent some real progress.

OK, admittedly this is taking the best possible view but it will be truly time for condemnation after we play in Atlanta. On the road against the Magic, a loss stinks but is not only understandable...it is expected.

+1

LOVE the optimism, but this sadly looks like last year's 2nd round sweep courtesy of CLE. Same likely result, different team.

We never looked like we would even steal one against CLE last year, but maybe we can at least win one at home. Considering the fact that we actually looked like a decent NBA team for 3 quarters tonight, we may, may can do it. Wouldn't bet on it, but it is possible.

• Premium Member

I hate to say it but this is not just a piss poorly coached team but they are mentally weak as well sans Horford. They flat out choke in crucial moments. We had ever chance to win that game with a strong fourth quarter but we just gave it away. I'm more disgusted with that fourth quarter than the entire humiliation in game one.

Ron, let's be honest. This team we're facing has won it's division 3 times in the last three years. They are well coached. They have depth. In March and April, they were 19-3....and they only lost one game at home during that stretch (to Charlotte when SJax couldn't miss). Last night, we were right there. Yeah, we fell apart at the end, but at least we have something to build on.

Nobody hasn't beaten Orlando in these playoffs. IF we beat them in Atlanta, who knows how it will effect them. IF we beat them 2 times in Atlanta, we don't know if they will fold up their tent in game 5.

It's not over!

• Premium Member

LOVE the optimism, but this sadly looks like last year's 2nd round sweep courtesy of CLE. Same likely result, different team.

We never looked like we would even steal one against CLE last year, but maybe we can at least win one at home. Considering the fact that we actually looked like a decent NBA team for 3 quarters tonight, we may, may can do it. Wouldn't bet on it, but it is possible.

No it doesn't.

Last years sweep had us limp into Cleveland with Marvin, Horf, and JJ hurt.

This is more like our historic matchup vs. the Celtics two years ago.

Let me remind You...

GAME 1: HAWKS 81 @ CELTICS 104 FINAL

GAME 2: HAWKS 77 @ CELTICS 96 FINAL

You know what happened next.

I don't think this Magic team is as mentally tough as those Celtics were.

+3 AHF.

Any Hawks fan should know this Atlanta team is Jekyll & Hyde when it come to home and away performance. Lets see if this team can do what they are known for. Win at home.........especially with their backs against the well.

Don't lose the faith cause this thing isn't close to over yet.

I can't wait for 5:00 Saturday when the Highlight Facotry will be a rockin'.

Even Hubie Brown was commenting about the BS calls going against Collins on Howard. Howard should have fouled out early in the 4th quarter had the refs not been so biased. Hopefully the Hawks will get the benefit of the doubt with the whistle in their own building.

Edited by coachx

LOVE the optimism, but this sadly looks like last year's 2nd round sweep courtesy of CLE. Same likely result, different team...

Well technically, even if we only win one game at home, that still is an improvement. Of course we are all hoping for more, but if we don't get swept at least Woody can honestly say his teams have improved every year playoff-wise as well as regular season record-wise.

• Moderators

I don't see a lot of difference between the results against Cle, Bos and Orl.

Boston, we took to 7 games with a less talented team.

Cleveland, we had injuries and were not competitive.

Orlando? In my mind, we don't know yet.

Guys-- I know last night was a tough loss b/c you saw a win within reach, but I honestly think this team comes home feeling MUCH better about themselves after hanging with them for most of the game... We ALL know that physical ability isn't the issue with this team, its a fragile mentality.

they play well at home- PLUS I really really do think they gained some confidence and saw something they can build on ... If they get game 3, confidence will QUICKLY go from high to through the roof... don't give up just yet!

I will concede that we have a decent chance at home, but it just bothers me so much that we played good ball for 3 quarters and then just imploded in the 4th. Although less likely to happen at home, I just don't have much confidence in them against this superior ORL team with all of the bad matchups they present.

They better come to play 4 quarters at home.

Couldn't agree more Sothron. Hit the nail on the head here! I'm still baffled the way we came out in the 3rd qtr. up 8 pts. We should of hit them in the mouth the first 5min.. Instead we just act with no sense of urgency and the game was tied within the first 3min. of the qtr. while Smoove was just being lazy on D and pouting the whole time. UNACCEPTABLE. WOODY HAS NO CONTROL OF THIS TEAM.

• Premium Member

I will concede that we have a decent chance at home, but it just bothers me so much that we played good ball for 3 quarters and then just imploded in the 4th. Although less likely to happen at home, I just don't have much confidence in them against this superior ORL team with all of the bad matchups they present.

They better come to play 4 quarters at home.

That's just it. Who would have thought that we would have played good for 3 quarters after they dominated us in the first game. My thinking is adjustments have been made and we are more confident at home than we are on the road. IF we get these two wins at home, this could be the end for Orlando. They have some guys on their team who I know are used to just folding up their tent (VC) when the going gets rough.