• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Joe Johnson quit on this team

Joker

I don't know what the problem is but he's quit on the team. Would you even let him suit for Game 4?

• Premium Member

I don't think he has quit. The guy was playing with heart, I actually felt sorry for him. He is obviously not as good as he and Woodson think, and we should have been establishing a system throughout the year that didn't involve Joe Johnson going 1 against 5 the entire the game. So many people have been saying the same thing for years, and the results in the playoffs could literally not be any more conclusive. This s*** DOESN'T Work.

I don't think he has quit. The guy was playing with heart, I actually felt sorry for him. He is obviously not as good as he and Woodson think, and we should have been establishing a system throughout the year that didn't involve Joe Johnson going 1 against 5 the entire the game. So many people have been saying the same thing for years, and the results in the playoffs could literally not be any more conclusive. This s*** DOESN'T Work.

I'm not saying he is the answer, but it seemed like joe was playing with an injured shooting hand. He was having a problem gripping the ball throughout the game.

• Premium Member

I think he is just tired and banged up guys. A summer of rehab will do him well.

he can't come back after being booed in a playoff game. There comes a point when a player's relationship with a fan base is beyond repair. Sad to say but I think JJ is well past that point. Frankly he's been awful in the playoffs and fans (esp Atlanta fans) don't forget easily. Personally I would like to see what he can do with a PG but i doubt it happens know.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

he can't come back after being booed in a playoff game. There comes a point when a player's relationship with a fan base is beyond repair. Sad to say but I think JJ is well past that point. Frankly he's been awful in the playoffs and fans (esp Atlanta fans) don't forget easily. Personally I would like to see what he can do with a PG but i doubt it happens know.

He openly said that it was about the guys in the locker room and he didn't care if the fans showed up per Micheal Cunningham ajc...... Go choke in the playoffs in new york or Chicago and see how those fans treat you Joe.....

Why boo Joe? i mean seriously, the guy is playing hard out there and it's not his fault that we don't have a f***ing system..... THose fans that boo him are complete idiots..... enuff said...

That's how I felt too when I was at the game.

But he did sell the team out. He couldn't buy a jumper. And then when he started going hard to the hole, everything was long and going off the back of the rim. Meanwhile . . Orlando looked like a well-oiled machine. We couldn't even begin to stop him. And JJ proceeded to play one of the worst games he's ever played as a Hawk. So the fans booed him and the team. They even started booing Smoove in the 4th quarter. But the main focus was on JJ.

Game 4 is going to be interesting, as his comments come to light tomorrow and on Monday. Even Horford is talking a little about guys not giving effort. No telling who or whom he's talking about. Maybe JJ . . Maybe Smoove . . . Maybe Both.

That's how I felt too when I was at the game.

But he did sell the team out. He couldn't buy a jumper. And then when he started going hard to the hole, everything was long and going off the back of the rim. Meanwhile . . Orlando looked like a well-oiled machine. We couldn't even begin to stop him. And JJ proceeded to play one of the worst games he's ever played as a Hawk. So the fans booed him and the team. They even started booing Smoove in the 4th quarter. But the main focus was on JJ.

Game 4 is going to be interesting, as his comments come to light tomorrow and on Monday. Even Horford is talking a little about guys not giving effort. No telling who or whom he's talking about. Maybe JJ . . Maybe Smoove . . . Maybe Both.

we have lacked effort the whole playoffs and the boos are a culmination of the last series and this one, and the all around lack of effort. its pathetic that this is the case but it is what it is...

• Premium Member

I don't know what the problem is but he's quit on the team. Would you even let him suit for Game 4?

It's got to be frustrating to go to work and have one of the best defenses in the world double teaming you with great defensive guys.... Then to have your fans turn and boo you.

Joe has put way too much pressure on himself.

However, if Joe is bothered by the pressure of the non-committed fan in Atlanta, he better not go to NY. Nor Chicago. Maybe he can settle in in Dallas.