• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I'm more disappointed in the local media (esp. AJC's Michael Cunningham)

NineOhTheRino

• Premium Member

Why run with that garbage headline? Looks like the Hawks beat reporter is trying to move up like his predecessor Sekou. Just cheap and easy reporting. JJ just played the worst game of his career. The man is totally in the dumps for letting his friends down. He's as broken and as disappointed as any fan. Yes he made one dumb comment but considering the surrounding factors I UNDERSTAND. MC just decided to take advantage of the situation for personal gain. That's foul man! Enjoy your short-lived fame MC because you may be out of a job soon.

And why so much hate from the local media? OK the team has sucked but people are very quick to call these guys quitters, dumb and lazy. Hell the Braves suck as much but I've never heard those type of words thrown at those guys. Two days ago the Braves could not get a hit off of a 50yo man!

Is this team not likable? Man it's hard not being able to watch/listen to local or national media without some amazingly overweight, undisciplined, multiple-DUI-having, All-Time-loser like Charles Barkley take easy pops.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

• Premium Member

MC made Joe said what he said.

he had no business running with that. He should have taken the factors surrounding those comment into view.

• Premium Member

You think there's any media market in this country that wouldn't print that quote?

I don't expect that from the beat guy. Normally when the beat guy run with something like that they end up like Matt WinkelJohn. Remember him? He went up against Jim Mora and lost badly. I think he ended up doing the beat for GT baseball.

The media prints what sells. If someone says something controversial....THEY WILL PRINT IT. The players know this.

Jpe can't blame what he said on the "heat of the moment". He showed no heat for 48 minutes, why should we believe he

got emotional AFTER the game. He sounded totally in control of his words to me. Speaking in his usual, no emotion monotone.

You can't blame the media for printing what comes out of someone's mouth. It's their job.

• Premium Member

You think there's any media market in this country that wouldn't print that quote?

Yeah, it's not MC's fault that 1) JJ said something stupid; and 2) that what he said is news (in the sense that people will hear it, react, and want to know more). MC was just doing his job.

• Premium Member

Yeah, it's not MC's fault that 1) JJ said something stupid; and 2) that what he said is news (in the sense that people will hear it, react, and want to know more). MC was just doing his job.

Stupid? Yes

Understandable? Yes

We all have said mean or stupid things when under enormous stress. Considering that Joe's comments came within minutes of that disaster of a game how can anyone take those comments seriously? MC has to use more discretion in this instance.

That's like me saying "I gonna kill you b****" after finding my wife in bed with another dude? In MC's world I would be arrested for making terroristic threats.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

• Premium Member

Stupid? Yes

Understandable? Yes

We all have said mean or stupid things when under enormous stress. Considering that Joe's comments came within minutes of that disaster of a game how can anyone take those comments seriously? MC has to use more discretion in this instance.

I'm not saying that Joe's comments weren't understandable in the heat of the moment. And yeah, if I were a journalist, I probably would have held off on printing those comments. Then again, if I took that attitude, not many people would read my articles, so I wouldn't stay employed as a journalist for long. Can't blame MC for doing his job; that's all I'm saying.

Time out....

*Whistle*

"Flag on the play, personal foul on MC."

This is ridiculous. Reporting has to do with finding the truth. Not changing headlines to interest people. We all know that that is not what JJ meant. We all know what JJ is about.

I am personally disgusted with all reporters and media these days... It is not about the TRUTH, but about WHAT SELLS.

Reporters are scum of the earth and I have lost all respect with these reputation d*ck riding manipulators. You want to complain about fans? Yet you try to make us hate the players and the Hawks organization? Hypocrites.

You may fool the ignorant, but you will never fool the true Hawks fans.

GO HAWKS!

I am with you NineOh. During his time with the Hawks, Joe has been one of the most cordial All-star players in the entire NBA. He is a far cry from the arrogance that we see from other NBA players in his stature on a daily basis. He always signs autographs, treats the people of ATL like human beings etc.This is his first PR screw up and it comes after the worst 3 game stretch of his time with the Hawks on the biggest stage he has been on with the Hawks. Suprise, suprise. This definitely appears out of character and in the heat of the moment.

• Premium Member

I am with you NineOh. During his time with the Hawks, Joe has been one of the most cordial All-star players in the entire NBA. He is a far cry from the arrogance that we see from other NBA players in his stature on a daily basis. He always signs autographs, treats the people of ATL like human beings etc.This is his first PR screw up and it comes after the worst 3 game stretch of his time with the Hawks on the biggest stage he has been on with the Hawks. Suprise, suprise. This definitely appears out of character and in the heat of the moment.

this was the headline Sat night:

Hawks quit on season (and Joe doesn’t care what you think)

lol these people can't be serious

Stupid? Yes

Understandable? Yes

That's like me saying "I gonna kill you b****" after finding my wife in bed with another dude? In MC's world I would be arrested for making terroristic threats.

And the moral of the story is...you can't say just ANYTHING at the heat of the moment and expect that to justify you saying it...it will come back to haunt you, you will have to justify it later...you can't be sitting on a plane with your headphones on and singing along with a song and just say, "I'm the" under your breath and then say "bomb" out loud (a verse from Cypress Hill on Stankonia CD when they say "I'm the bomb"...it will come back on you...and as you stated, your words carry weight. If you said you are going to kill that ***** and the police heard you or it is reported...terroristic threat...jail time and MAYBE even a felony record...just for words...and if she happens to show up dead in a few months or even years...WHEW!! LEAVE THE COUNTRY

I'm just sayin....it is understandable where his frustration was coming from and I do think his words were taken out of context. I'm thinking that he has to be on the court with his teammates and they have to have faith and believe in each other and not what the fans have faith in or believe. And his statement is justified because there are PLENTY of nights where that arena is EMPTY....but still....WHAT'CHA KNOW JOE!!

P.S. I hope he stays

why wouldnt he print the truth ? The fact is I wouldve been more disappointed if he didnt print it because he wouldve fallen right into the same category of trying to make excuses and cover for players who dont deserve it.

Joe shouldve been apologizing to everyone who paid there money t come out and root for the team only to see himself blow layup after layup and stink up the joint the past few weeks . If he doesnt play for the fans well then its no wonder why so many sit on there hands and if not one person shows up tonight Joe and co. should still bring it right because afterall the fans mean so little in there equation .

As I said last summer Joe has been hidden in a small market if he was in a big market he wouldve been eaten alive before the regular season even ended . The national media have taken it easy on him but after his comments and performance so far I have doubts he will see a all star game next year .