• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Screw Joe...TMac, Chillz and Magloire the Missing Pieces!

LastDon

I like Joe Johnson, and I'm appreciative of the contributions he has made to our franchise over the last 5 Seasons. But it has become painfully obvious that resigning him would cripple the franchise and we would never get out of the second round of the playoffs.

We have always been a team that is as strong as the sum of our parts. I think that it would be in our best interest to continue to add pieces to the equation because we are a small market team(Attendance, Appeal) and the chances are very slim that a superstar is going to come play in Atlanta.

I think that if our goal is to truly win a championship that we should take a small step back to take two steps forward. A team with a core of Horford,Smith, Crawford, Williams, is a team that could win 45 games in the east and prolly get out of the first round of the playoffs.

Joe's offensive production would be missed but we still shouldn't have any problem scoring with Crawford taking over that role as designated Gunner and picking up an additional 13-15 points with Josh Childress. Chillz would also give us the perimeter D needed to guard shooting guards out east. Lastly, I think TMac on One Leg would have contributed more offensively than what Joe gave us against Orlando. Even though Mac is not as explosive as in the past, he has good length and is very crafty with the basketball and should be better in year 2 of Microfracture surgery. I think the Mid level would get us Tracy McGrady.

Im one of the few who likes the idea of keeping Smith and Horford Tandem at 4 and 5. An undersized Horford is a All Star caliber Center and can matchup with anyone with the exception of Dwight Howard and Yao Ming. Josh Smith is a very good 4 in the mold of a young Shawn Kemp. I think it would be a huge mistake to break that duo up. we jus need to add more girth in the backup 4 and 5 spots with the addition of maybe drafting the 7'1 Alabi from FSU and an experience bruiser in Magloire.

Hawks New Lineup

PG Jeff Teague(for Defensive Purpose and pushin Tempo)

SG Josh Childress

SF Tracy McGrady(Should be 6th man but prolly wouldnt accept that role to come to Atlanta)

PF Josh Smith

C Al Horford

6th Jamal Crawford(Only reason not starting is because it would be too much of a liability with Crawford in Tmac in Starting 5)

7th Marvin Williams

8th Mike Bibby

9th, Mo Evans

10th Za Za Puchila sp?

11th Solomon Alabi

12th Jamal Magloire

The team would have more depth and could compete with anyone immediately!

Magloire is no missing piece my friend. Maybe on the Dakota squad in the NBDL.

• Admin

I like Joe Johnson, and I'm appreciative of the contributions he has made to our franchise over the last 5 Seasons. But it has become painfully obvious that resigning him would cripple the franchise and we would never get out of the second round of the playoffs.

We have always been a team that is as strong as the sum of our parts. I think that it would be in our best interest to continue to add pieces to the equation because we are a small market team(Attendance, Appeal) and the chances are very slim that a superstar is going to come play in Atlanta.

I think that if our goal is to truly win a championship that we should take a small step back to take two steps forward. A team with a core of Horford,Smith, Crawford, Williams, is a team that could win 45 games in the east and prolly get out of the first round of the playoffs.

Joe's offensive production would be missed but we still shouldn't have any problem scoring with Crawford taking over that role as designated Gunner and picking up an additional 13-15 points with Josh Childress. Chillz would also give us the perimeter D needed to guard shooting guards out east. Lastly, I think TMac on One Leg would have contributed more offensively than what Joe gave us against Orlando. Even though Mac is not as explosive as in the past, he has good length and is very crafty with the basketball and should be better in year 2 of Microfracture surgery. I think the Mid level would get us Tracy McGrady.

Im one of the few who likes the idea of keeping Smith and Horford Tandem at 4 and 5. An undersized Horford is a All Star caliber Center and can matchup with anyone with the exception of Dwight Howard and Yao Ming. Josh Smith is a very good 4 in the mold of a young Shawn Kemp. I think it would be a huge mistake to break that duo up. we jus need to add more girth in the backup 4 and 5 spots with the addition of maybe drafting the 7'1 Alabi from FSU and an experience bruiser in Magloire.

Hawks New Lineup

PG Jeff Teague(for Defensive Purpose and pushin Tempo)

SG Josh Childress

SF Tracy McGrady(Should be 6th man but prolly wouldnt accept that role to come to Atlanta)

PF Josh Smith

C Al Horford

6th Jamal Crawford(Only reason not starting is because it would be too much of a liability with Crawford in Tmac in Starting 5)

7th Marvin Williams

8th Mike Bibby

9th, Mo Evans

10th Za Za Puchila sp?

11th Solomon Alabi

12th Jamal Magloire

The team would have more depth and could compete with anyone immediately!

It would be good to get Childress back to replace Mo Evans in the lineup (Mo is going to opt out and I don't see us resigning him). McGrady is done...he is injury prone and does not play at the level he use to play at. I see him as a taller version of Allan Iverson...a guy not willing to accept that he is not a star anymore.

Magloire is Jason Collins with a different name. He really should not be in the NBA anymore but the only reason he is still here is because he is about 7 foot. I would not waste money on him (even the league min).

It would be good to get Childress back to replace Mo Evans in the lineup (Mo is going to opt out and I don't see us resigning him). McGrady is done...he is injury prone and does not play at the level he use to play at. I see him as a taller version of Allan Iverson...a guy not willing to accept that he is not a star anymore.

Magloire is Jason Collins with a different name. He really should not be in the NBA anymore but the only reason he is still here is because he is about 7 foot. I would not waste money on him (even the league min).

McGrady is a legit 6'9 with ballhandling skills and shooting touch. He would be a safe risk when you take into consideration that we already have a starting caliber Small Forward in Marvin Williams. Mo Evans will not get Midlevel money in this current economy and could be kept for prolly 2years 6mil which isnt too bad. Orlando has proven that u cant have enough quality wings that can shoot the basketball. Magloire is much better than Jason Collins! Jason collins has never made an allstar game or ever been a double digit scorer and rebounder so that was a very foulish statement my friend.

Magloire is DONE but I keep saying i'd love to see Chillz come back. But T-Mac is also a slug now, if he came here to take Joe's spot I would puke. And that's saying a lot.

Chillz is going to take Joe Spot and we dont need him to score 20.. We jus need him to play D. move the ball and get layups and dunks.. I can't wait to get Chillz back he was a huge part of the reason why our gym became the highlight factory.

Magloire is no missing piece my friend. Maybe on the Dakota squad in the NBDL.

Lol.. Magloire isnt done.. Erik Spoelstra should be done for not being able to maximize his roster. Magloire is twice the player Jason Collins is. And its not like we need to Magloire to start. We jus need him for certain matchup against guys like howard..

• Admin

McGrady is a legit 6'9 with ballhandling skills and shooting touch. He would be a safe risk when you take into consideration that we already have a starting caliber Small Forward in Marvin Williams. Mo Evans will not get Midlevel money in this current economy and could be kept for prolly 2years 6mil which isnt too bad. Orlando has proven that u cant have enough quality wings that can shoot the basketball. Magloire is much better than Jason Collins! Jason collins has never made an allstar game or ever been a double digit scorer and rebounder so that was a very foulish statement my friend.

It was a big joke when Magloire made the All Star team that year. In his early days he was a solid center but over the last 4 years or so he has gone on a major decline. His athleticism went away very quickly and when that happend .... so did his game. He is basically just a big body now and I don't see him contributing for us.

McGrady is talented, I never said that he wasn't but he still thinks he is still a star like Iverson...that is a chemistry killer right there when you are out there trying to do more then you should be. Plus I have read how he has become a locker room problem (both in Houston and NY) and you don't want that kind of thing on your team.

Edited by capstone21

It was a big joke when Magloire made the All Star team that year. In his early days he was a solid center but over the last 4 years or so he has gone on a major decline. His athlestizm went away very quickly and when that happend .... so did his game. He is basically just a big body now and I don't see him contributing for us.

McGrady is talented, I never said that he wasn't but he still thinks he is still a star like Iverson...that is a chemistry killer right there when you are out there trying to do more then you should be. Plus I have read how he has become a locker room problem (both in Houston and NY) and you don't want that kind of thing on your team.

I would much rather have McGrady than John Salmons. Salmons is a Joe Johnson clone is only effective with the ball in his hands and played horrible with a great point guard in D. Rose. I think Mcgrady would add great depth to the team allowing Marvin Williams to go to the bench and could also be a force down the stretch with his ability to post smaller 3's and timely outside shooting. So are u saying that the solution Cap is to resign Joe Johnson?

I want to see Joe under a new coach with a better PG.

Unfortunately I don't think we will get that chance. Joe sounds done.

Like I say.. I don't have a problem with Joe.. Joe is the best shooting guard in the eastern conference, but if we keep Joe we will at least have to add a Jermaine O'neal with the midlevel exemption. The team is fine but we lack an interior presence. Resigning Joe would be cool cause he is a very tradeable asset in the prime of his career. I hope we bite the bullet and sign Chill back as well.. I think the mistake was made when management resigned Bibby.. That signing likely cost us Chillz. Crawford and Teague could have held the point down this season. The signing also hampered Teague development.

Wait a minute.

This was a serious post??

Where's the :lol6:

or the :laughing5:

or the :nono: .

You got to give me something to let me know this is just tongue in cheek.

I was thinking the same thing Diesel. I think this guy is trolling us.

Chillz is fine but TMac and Magloire are on their way out of the league.

Edited by BossTweed

I was thinking the same thing Diesel. I think this guy is trolling us.

Chillz is fine but TMac and Magloire are on their way out of the league.

Anyone with league pass knows that Mcgrady look pretty descent with the Knicks.. and was jus taking precaution to ensure that he has another long summer to rehab without setback so he can go hard for 10/11. Mcgrady is going to be a steal for the midlevel. Too skilled a player and has too much size and length to not be seriously considered. I know one things for sure Matt Barnes wouldnt be able to lock him up.. (Joe Johnson)

• Moderators

I am not a believer in McGrady. He might prove me wrong, but I wouldn't invest anything substantial in his future. If you can get him really, really cheap then fine with me.