• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Diesel's offseason plan ... revised....

Diesel

• Premium Member

Bring in Sam Mitchell as HC.

Draft BPA. Preferably PF.

Trade Chillz rights and 2012 first rounder to Memphis for Hasheem Thabeet.

Sign Joe 6 years 90 Million.

Extend Horf.

Sign Steve Blake to MLE contract.

Sign Louis Amundson to Vet contract.

Our team:

Blake/Teague/Bibby

Joe/Craw

Marvin/Amundson

Smoove/Draft pick

Horf/Thabeet/Zaza

We have two more spots to fill. I have always liked Rio. And whoever else can make it out of camp.. Preferably a forward.

Blake does nothing for me. I don't want another PG that can't defend a cold. I'd rather let Teague sink or swim then burn the MLE on Blake and give him starter minutes. We already have a Blake playing PG.......his name is Bibby.

I'd rather use the MLE on Drew Gooden, Big Z, U. Haslem, or a player of that nature.

I'm with you on drafting the BPA, at #25 you must approach it that way..........no matter what the position is. Maybe a good player drops like D. Blair did last year.

I would be fine with signing Sam Mitchel as coach.

Edited by coachx

• Premium Member

Blake does nothing for me. I don't want another PG that can't defend a cold. I'd rather let Teague sink or swim then burn the MLE on Blake and give him starter minutes. We already have a Blake playing PG.......his name is Bibby.

I'd rather use the MLE on Drew Gooden, Big Z, U. Haslem, or a player of that nature.

I'm with you on drafting the BPA, at #25 you must approach it that way..........no matter what the position is. Maybe a good player drops like D. Blair did last year.

I would be fine with signing Sam Mitchel as coach.

At PG, you need a proven guy who can run an offense. A good A/TO ratio guy.

With Blake you get a guy who can get you 8 assists per game and hit over 42% from three if you need him to. I don't look to him as being the team's savior at PG, but just consider... What if Teague is not ready.

At PG, you need a proven guy who can run an offense. A good A/TO ratio guy.

With Blake you get a guy who can get you 8 assists per game and hit over 42% from three if you need him to. I don't look to him as being the team's savior at PG, but just consider... What if Teague is not ready.

We are already overpaying a "proven guy who can run an offense with a GREAT A/TO ratio." For the 123223435th time his name is Mike Bibby. Yet you want to sign another Mike Bibby with worse defense??? No thank you. Teague is our guy especially if we get an offensive minded coach. Teague plays above average D and is an above average passer who can take advantage of our young athletic runners. Teague is the perfect team for the way it is manned now. We just have to find a coach who takes advantage of the pieces we have not one who tries the square pegs round hole theory.

I'd love us to use our MLE on Mike Miller. He can easily supplant Marvin at SF and be the same very under appreciated all around player he's been.

If Teague is our starter we need a pure shooter at SF..............Miller fits the bill.

I just hope he cuts his hair.............I don't mind long hair on guys but on basetball players it just plain dumb. Especially if your a shooter who needs his vision to nail their shots. He is so busy keeping his hair out of his face it drives me crazy !

I dont know about Blake

Cj watson

Will Bynum

Kyle Lowry

Jordan farmar

Sergio Rodriguez

they all could probably be had for less then the Mle .

I like Lowry ALOT.............he is a pit bull.

Not sure about him as our "starter of the future" or anything but I love how he plays the game.

• Premium Member

Not sure about him as our "starter of the future" or anything but I love how he plays the game.

I like Lowry too.. but he's not a free agent.

Blake is a free agent.

Money is negotiable, but I believe that Blake is better than most of the guys who have been listed...previously.

I think your plan could work but have a couple different things in mind.

1. Resign Joe Johnson. That is the #1 priority aside from finding another coach.

2. Hope Mo Evans opts out and let Collins, Morris, and Joe Smith walk.

3. Take that 2.5M Evans was making and offer it to Unrestricted FA Tony Allen. That is a serious upgrade over Mo in my opinion.

4. IF Mo doesn't opt out, I package Mo and Jamal's expiring contracts and send them to N.O. for Chris Paul.

5. Bring Shelden Williams back. (Yea yea I know). He made the same $825,000 that Randmo and Joe Smith made this year. He gave the Celtics 4pts and 3rebs in just 11 minutes of play. He is a big physical body. I would welcome him back at that price.

6. I offer Kyle Lowery 2.5M of the MLE. Assuming Mo opts out.

7. I offer Offer matt Barnes 2.5M of the MLE.

8. If Lowery doesn't work out and we get CP3 I offer MLE to Brendan Haywood.

9. I offer Kurt Thomas the Vet min.

PG: Jeff Teague

SG: Joe Johnson

SF: Matt Barnes

PF: Josh Smith

C: Al Horford

Jamal Crawford

Marvin Williams

Tony Allen

Mike Bibby

Kyle Lowery

Zaza

Shelden Williams

Kurt Thomas

Mario West

PG: Chris Paul

Brendan Haywood

Marvin Williams

Mike Bibby

Zaza

Shelden Williams

Kurt Thomas

Mario West

Assuming they are possible, I would love either one of these scenarios to play out and I think we would be a legit contender with the right coach/system in place.

Edited by 99PROBL3MS

I think your plan could work but have a couple different things in mind.

1. Resign Joe Johnson. That is the #1 priority aside from finding another coach.

2. Hope Mo Evans opts out and let Collins, Morris, and Joe Smith walk.

3. Take that 2.5M Evans was making and offer it to Unrestricted FA Tony Allen. That is a serious upgrade over Mo in my opinion.

4. IF Mo doesn't opt out, I package Mo and Jamal's expiring contracts and send them to N.O. for Chris Paul.

5. Bring Shelden Williams back. (Yea yea I know). He made the same $825,000 that Randmo and Joe Smith made this year. He gave the Celtics 4pts and 3rebs in just 11 minutes of play. He is a big physical body. I would welcome him back at that price.

6. I offer Kyle Lowery 2.5M of the MLE. Assuming Mo opts out.

7. I offer Offer matt Barnes 2.5M of the MLE.

8. If Lowery doesn't work out and we get CP3 I offer MLE to Brendan Haywood.

9. I offer Kurt Thomas the Vet min.

PG: Jeff Teague

Jamal Crawford

Marvin Williams

Tony Allen

Mike Bibby

Kyle Lowery

Zaza

Shelden Williams

Kurt Thomas

Mario West

PG: Chris Paul

Brendan Haywood

Marvin Williams

Mike Bibby

Zaza

Shelden Williams

Kurt Thomas

Mario West

Assuming they are possible, I would love either one of these scenarios to play out and I think we would be a legit contender with the right coach/system in place.

You started strong but then you got to #4 and I stopped reading......If N.O. is gonna give up Chris Paul (which I don't think they are) why would they want Mo and Jamal...they would at least want Al Horford or even Josh Smith.

Lowry will be restricted and Houston already has Brooks who they will have to extend either this summer or next

• Premium Member

Lowry will be restricted and Houston already has Brooks who they will have to extend either this summer or next

Houston is going to resign Both Lowry and Brooks. I have read several pieces that talked about them being the future more than Yao being the future.

You started strong but then you got to #4 and I stopped reading......If N.O. is gonna give up Chris Paul (which I don't think they are) why would they want Mo and Jamal...they would at least want Al Horford or even Josh Smith.

In your opinion, what makes it a given that they would want Al or Josh in the trade. If Collison really is their future PG, which all indications say he is, they can't afford to keep CP3 and re-up Collison at the end of his Rookie contract. Take Al, who they would have to resign next year or Josh who has a few years left on a loaded contract defeats the purpose of the salary dump of Craw and Mo to help them create room to sing DC.

I don't know, maybe they would want Josh, but I could certainly see CP3 getting moved without him. If it was Colllison they were going to trade, I could see them adding someone like Okafor and maybe wanted Josh. It seems far fetched but it most definitely could happen.

Bring in Sam Mitchell as HC.

Draft BPA. Preferably PF.

Trade Chillz rights and 2012 first rounder to Memphis for Hasheem Thabeet.

Sign Joe 6 years 90 Million.

Extend Horf.

Sign Steve Blake to MLE contract.

Sign Louis Amundson to Vet contract.

Our team:

Blake/Teague/Bibby

Joe/Craw

Marvin/Amundson

Smoove/Draft pick

Horf/Thabeet/Zaza

We have two more spots to fill. I have always liked Rio. And whoever else can make it out of camp.. Preferably a forward.

They would have to do a SnT with Chillz for us to get Thabeet.

- if we were going to seek out a point guard, I would like to find someone with better dribble penetration skills than blake

- Chris Paul has been an MVP candidate in the league, and is the face of Nola's franchise. given the hawks' current situation, we dont really have a shot at him.

- instead of blake, i'd like to use the MLE on a big. are there any free agent centers that are worth the MLE??