• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Everyone on HS wants to break up this team

gsuteke

• Moderators

I didn't think Lebron was into the series mentally and that combined with Boston realizing that Rondo is now their best player is what won Boston the series. If Boston played the Hawks in these playoffs they would have won in 5 games. It would have been a different story back in December though. The big Three is now the big one with the former big three taking turns having great games in support of Rondo.

KG+Truth+Jesus = "The Three Otros." Quentin Richardson might argue they're "The Three Otras," but that's an argument for another day.

As far a the Cavs being a "cautionary tale," I'm having a hard time comparing the demands on HawkSquawk with those of Cleveland fans (do they have a CavStab site or something like that?) except when it comes down to insisting "Coach Mike needs to go."

~lw3

The Hawks would have beat the Celtics' asses. The Hawks own the Celtics. However they got a bad matchup against Orlando.

So since the Hawks looked bad against Orlando Rick Sund needs to break up this squad? Really?

I think anyone who wants to trade any starter on our team outside of Marvin and Bibby is absolutely nuts. This team is young and all but 1 team winds up dissapointed in the end each season. LBJ got booed as well but do you think Cleveland fans don't want Lebron back? C'mon. Seriously?

Lol no they wouldn't sir. Regular season and playoffs are two totally different seasons. And LBJ getting booed? I think some ppl rather see the Hawks start over because what they have now (3 playoffs) in a row are not going anywhere. You can't be completely happy with winning 53 games. In the NBA today, teams are so sorry that it's easy to do so. I wouldn't blow everything up, but some changes should be made of course because other teams will pass you

The Hawks would have beat the Celtics' asses. The Hawks own the Celtics. However they got a bad matchup against Orlando.

So since the Hawks looked bad against Orlando Rick Sund needs to break up this squad? Really?

I think anyone who wants to trade any starter on our team outside of Marvin and Bibby is absolutely nuts. This team is young and all but 1 team winds up dissapointed in the end each season. LBJ got booed as well but do you think Cleveland fans don't want Lebron back? C'mon. Seriously?

Um.. the Hawks looked terrible versus the Bucks. In other words your point is not valid.

In order to win the East, we have to get pass Orlando. Just like getting past Chicago, you had to get pass Michael. We cannot do that with what we have now.

Despite that hurdle you still didn't have all those teams blowing up their teams just cause they couldn't get past the Bulls a couple times.

Not to mention now that we fired Woody it makes even more sense to try to keep the core together to see if we get a new coach who can maximize the talent on this team with more ball movement offensively, taking away that crazy switching and over helping defense.

Um.. the Hawks looked terrible versus the Bucks. In other words your point is not valid.

That's because of predictable isolation Joe Johnson basketball on offense and the crazy switching defense that leaves our Center on opposing perimeter players.

If we had a more competent philosophy offensively and defensively we would have swept them

If you want to see how incompetent philosophies can hold a team back look no further than the Cavs and their predictable offense even with the best player in the NBA

Edited by BusBoyIsBack

Dude, beating a Celtic team (that was dealing with injuries) during the regular season ain't the same as beating them in a playoff series. There's know way to know how this team would have faired against Boston.