• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Watching This Celtics/Magic game

Uncaged

Look at how Boston can throw bigs in there and frustrate Dwight. Rasheed is frustrating him. Perkins is frustrating him. Even in the Charlotte series they gave him fits because they had the bigs to bang on him and make it uncomfortable for him. I'm sorry but you gotta come with more than Horford and Zaza and think that Collins and RandMo are enough. Those guys are not tough enough to give some hard fouls and rattle a center like Howard. I'd love to see us go after someone like Brendan Haywood in the offseason. He's a big that is not afraid to foul hard and not in awe of the superstar.

• Premium Member

Look at how Boston can throw bigs in there and frustrate Dwight. Rasheed is frustrating him. Perkins is frustrating him. Even in the Charlotte series they gave him fits because they had the bigs to bang on him and make it uncomfortable for him. I'm sorry but you gotta come with more than Horford and Zaza and think that Collins and RandMo are enough. Those guys are not tough enough to give some hard fouls and rattle a center like Howard. I'd love to see us go after someone like Brendan Haywood in the offseason. He's a big that is not afraid to foul hard and not in awe of the superstar.

Well, there will be some journeyman bigs like Collins and RanMo... and Magloire.

However, what would be the price of Haywood. What would we have to give and what becomes of our big rotation?

I advocate completing a SNT of Chillz for Thabeet.

A young Deke... I think getting him for Chillz would be good for both teams.

Edited by Diesel

Rondo and Pierce aren't doing bad either. I figured Dwight would be in a "new world" when he went up against men like Perkins and Big Baby. If Boston can reduce ORL to a perimeter shooting team lookout - one more banner in beantown?

P.S. - Major ups to AHF...who the heck woulda thought Rondo would be RONDO? I guess the Celts have some seriously smart scouts.

Edited by DJlaysitup

Rondo and Pierce aren't doing bad either. I figured Dwight would be in a "new world" when he went up against men like Perkins and Big Baby. If Boston can reduce ORL to a perimeter shooting team lookout - one more banner in beantown?

Orlando could get anything they wanted against us partly because of no resistance to Dwight but mostly because of our horrible perimeter D. Rondo and Pierce can actually stay in front of their guy therefore they're not getting those wide open threes. SVG will have to adjust because his team is in a whole nother ballgame than the last series

• Premium Member

P.S. - Major ups to AHF...who the heck woulda thought Rondo would be RONDO? I guess the Celts have some seriously smart scouts.

If he doesn't get benched at Kentucky his last season he is probably an Atlanta Hawk right now... *Sigh* oh well.

• Premium Member

You are spot on. I hope the Hawks figure this out instead of proclaiming "hey, we beat Boston 4 games in the regular season". The playoffs are a different animal than the regular season.

If he doesn't get benched at Kentucky his last season he is probably an Atlanta Hawk right now... *Sigh* oh well.

WOW - two awesome passes in a row. Baby missed the layup on the first and now Rasheed has FTs. Rondo is owning. (but ORL is edging closer)

Dwight 1-6 from the field (so far)

Edited by DJlaysitup

• Premium Member

So I guess now it is obvious we need to stop making excuses for why the Cavs choked and admit that the series had a lot more to do with Boston playing spectacular basketball than the Cavaliers crumbling. The Magic are the hottest team in the NBA and the Celtics are flat out man handling them on the road. Impressive.

So I guess now it is obvious we need to stop making excuses for why the Cavs choked and admit that the series had a lot more to do with Boston playing spectacular basketball than the Cavaliers crumbling. The Magic are the hottest team in the NBA and the Celtics are flat out man handling them on the road. Impressive.

Dangit, Dangit, Dangit!!! the two "Bargain bigs" I always wanted were Paul Milsap and Glenn Davis. (chewing glass)

I really hate Boston and LA. I've seen enough of them in the finals to last a lifetime. But I can't help but enjoy them taking Orlando down a peg. The Magic were sooooo cocky in their series with us. Nice to see them humbled.

One thing is obvious - Rondo can do whatever he wants out there. He has major handles and major quickness. That said...lotsa time and lead is under 10. If ORL comes back and wins?

Nelson is having to work on both ends of the floor. He hasn't had to do that in a while. I think Boston is gonna hold on today if for just the fact they have been here and know how to close out a game

starting true center and PG

Nelson is having to work on both ends of the floor. He hasn't had to do that in a while. I think Boston is gonna hold on today if for just the fact they have been here and know how to close out a game

I'm guessing you are right...Celtics actually play perimeter D.

I'm guessing you are right...Celtics actually play perimeter D.

The Hawks have great Perimeter D but no one could stay in front of Nelson for Atlanta. That made it hard for the rest of Atlanta defense plus Dwight.

The Hawks have great Perimeter D but no one could stay in front of Nelson for Atlanta. That made it hard for the rest of Atlanta defense plus Dwight.

Jameer was never the issue with the magic . Just look at how far the Celtics are able to push Dwight away from the basket and thus it screws up the Magics spacing which takes away good driving lanes for jameer and also makes those kickouts much easier to to recover on .