• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Stop making threads about acquiring Lebron James.

AnthonyI11

The man's got a point people. now as much as I HATE lebron if he was here well i would have to say yeah we would be better but i still would hate him. anyways it wont happen sorry lbj lovers but him coming here is unrealistic at the moment but we need to get JJ back and somehow get chillz back ova here and sign avery to be our head coach for goodness sake! Get it done sund!

• Like 2

It won't happen. It'll never happen. So stop. Joe Johnson will be back with us next year with a couple new role players. Think realistically.

The chance of JJ coming back is only slightly higher than Lebron ending up in Atlanta. There is too much money and good will elsewhere. JJ would have to do some serious fence mending with his play to be here and a new coach would have to be JJ skills friendly.

I seriously don't know what some of the people on here are smoking with some of these stupid LeBron threads.

Let's trade Marvin and Bibby plus our worthless first round pick for LeBron and a great point guard....Resign Joe, and bring back Childress.

PG: Steve Nash

SG: Joe Johnson

SF: LeBron James

PF: Josh Smith

C: Al Horford

Let's do this!

/sarcasm

I seriously don't know what some of the people on here are smoking with some of these stupid LeBron threads.

Let's trade Marvin and Bibby plus our worthless first round pick for LeBron and a great point guard....Resign Joe, and bring back Childress.

Let's do this!

/sarcasm

:thumbsupsmileyanim: hahah, exactly.

Stop making threads about other people making threads.

Its a hawks basketball forum, members are free to talk about the hawks. If your point is the hawks won't acquire lebron james challenge it in one of those threads you're talking about - don't do it here.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Stop making threads about other people making threads.

Its a hawks basketball forum, members are free to talk about the hawks. If your point is the hawks won't acquire lebron james challenge it in one of those threads you're talking about - don't do it here.

Stop posting in threads about threads about other people making threads. snowballfight.gif

Oh wait...you're a mod...

Stop posting in threads about threads about other people making threads. snowballfight.gif

Oh wait...you're a mod...

If you feel strongly enough to argue someone down on something posted here do it. Don't start another thread about it because you lack either the desire or god forbid the ability to articulate your stance in an open forum.

Please forgive me for not being clear.

Edited by gsuteke

• Premium Member

Dude...I'm just being silly. offtopic2.gif

I was expecting someone to say something like..."Stop telling people to stop posting in threads about threads about other people making threads..."

LOL, sorry for not being completely clear about that...who's on first anyway?

If you feel strongly enough to argue someone down on something posted here do it. Don't start another thread about it because you lack either the desire or god forbid the ability to articulate your stance in an open forum.

Please forgive me for not being clear.

LOL....you buzz kill.

Let's do this!

/sarcasm

I would put the chance of James coming here as extremely small, but it is possible. The trade scenarios have to do with James being able to pick where he wants to go. Of course with Atlanta it would have to be a SnT, but the Hawks do have the contracts to make it work. Do other teams have contracts and players to make it work as well? Absolutely. The point is that if James really wants to come to Atlanta, and the Hawks can offer Smith plus filler. I am not sure what the under the cap teams can offer that is really better than Smith. Chicago: Deng, Hinrich- nope; NYK- please; NJ Nets: Harris, Yi- maybe (but then why would James to the Nets without Harris?); etc.

Frankly, if we had better ownership, I think a lot of us would be more open to the idea of James coming here. If the ASG is serious about boosting attendance they need to get a superstar. For whatever reasons, Atlanta only comes out to see superstars, and that is pretty much true across all the pro sports teams. Let me reiterate, I don't think this is going to happen, but going after James should be a part of the ASG strategy for the summer.

• Premium Member

What other team offers Lebron more in terms of talent in place? Minus Joe, if Lebron came to the ATL I believe he has a better chance of winning with our personnel.

Heck, Chicago and New York offer NOTHING! I would stay with Cleveland instead of Chicago or NY.

What other team offers Lebron more in terms of talent in place? Minus Joe, if Lebron came to the ATL I believe he has a better chance of winning with our personnel.

Heck, Chicago and New York offer NOTHING! I would stay with Cleveland instead of Chicago or NY.

The Hawks don't have to trade Joe to get LeBron. They could offer Josh and Crawford for him which would be a solid deal for us and if the Cavs are going to lose him anyway, it's a good deal for them to.

The Hawks don't have to trade Joe to get LeBron. They could offer Josh and Crawford for him which would be a solid deal for us and if the Cavs are going to lose him anyway, it's a good deal for them to.

I agree. The Hawks can offer a very nice package. The problem is getting LeBron to want to come to the ATL instead of the bright lights of NYC or the windy streets of Chicago.

This is where ownership is going to have to step up. They have to pull an Arthur Blank. Bring LBJ in and don't let him leave without agreeing to the outline of a contract. Then it's up to getting Cleveland to agree to the SnT (though I would find it hard to imagine they wouldn't agree to Smith and Crawford).

• Moderators

Joakim Noah and especially Derrick Rose are not NOTHING. Rose is a stud and Noah is like Rodman in that he is very effective on the boards and defensively and doesn't have a need to touch the ball on offense.