• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

sekou's comments starting to make sense now

gsuteke

The hawks hired larry drew. They want to run a less iso oriented offense. Joe is open to returning to atlanta but he wants better locker room chemistry.

Sekou said the hawks need to choose whether they want to build around joe or josh and al.

Joe or josh and al? We all thought it was josh or al.

Its all starting to make sense now.

Yep, it is called management throwing the guy they don't want to resign under the bus. Now the fans can "blame it on Joe". I always find it funny how players can take on an entirely different rep when management does not want to pay them. Now Joe is the cause of the locker room problems...funny stuff.

Yep, it is called management throwing the guy they don't want to resign under the bus. Now the fans can "blame it on Joe". I always find it funny how players can take on an entirely different rep when management does not want to pay them. Now Joe is the cause of the locker room problems...funny stuff.

Yeah, because it just HAS to be Josh . . .

lol y can't Joe be the problem, Facts are he doesn't trust his teammates and he's a ball hog. You can bet they hate that, not only that Woody never got on him for some of the terrible plays he made.

if we resign him we will keep on playing slow tempo ball & we might as well give mb a lot of minutes as jj will have the ball in his hands while the rest of the team will sulk

• Premium Member

Sekou is an idiot! How in the hell can the Hawks build a team around Josh? Not only is he the weakest player mentally but his offensive game is garbage when he has to create for himself.

• Like 4

Yep, he is.

• Premium Member

Sekou is an idiot! How in the hell can the Hawks build a team around Josh? Not only is he the weakest player mentally but his offensive game is garbage when he has to create for himself.

Why is it hard for some people to see this? Josh is a very good player but he is not without flaws. His attitude problems are well documented by just about everyone - including a highly respected coach in Hubie Brown. Offensively, Smoove is good at providing energy. He can post up ok and he can get to the basket - but he is not the kind of player that you want to give the ball too and let him create. He just isn't that good at it. With decent to good defensive pressure, 10-15 feet from the basket, you can pretty much force Smoove into a turnover every time.

He will provide 15-20+ ppg with sheer hustle and athleticism and he'll be much better in a system that moves the ball and doesn't allow him to float around the perimeter. But I would certainly not build my team around him as the 1st or 2nd offensive option. On the other end of the floor, that's a different story completely. Smoove is a game changer on the other end and just as valuable to this team as JJ is to the offense.

• Like 2

Well Rino I don't think your an idiot, but neither is Sekou, he knows that Josh is the X-factor as to

whether this team ever becomes great or what you have been seeing. First he loves the game, second

he has the talent that only comes along every couple of years. That's worth working with.

Some changes were and are in order for Josh to excell though. The changes that needed to be made

on the court have been taken care of , this offseason. The other changes are a bit trickier. He is easily

influenced in his personal life, and has let the wrong people influence him, that's all I will say about that.

Josh is a grown man, and should be calling the shots, but the way he is is not all his fault.

Well Rino I don't think your an idiot, but neither is Sekou, he knows that Josh is the X-factor as to

whether this team ever becomes great or what you have been seeing. First he loves the game, second

he has the talent that only comes along every couple of years. That's worth working with.

Some changes were and are in order for Josh to excell though. The changes that needed to be made

on the court have been taken care of , this offseason. The other changes are a bit trickier. He is easily

influenced in his personal life, and has let the wrong people influence him, that's all I will say about that.

Josh is a grown man, and should be calling the shots, but the way he is is not all his fault.

Sekou is the man (basketball wise) and very intelligent. Far far from and idiot. That other guy.....who would say?

Personal life aside, Josh has "top shelf" talent. If Drew deems him a liabilty, send him to the west conference and get like talent in return.