• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Sund says we are picking BPA and not necessarily need

Blunt91

It's possible that Orton or Whiteside will be there when we pick and while I wouldn't say that either are cant miss prospects I would have to give either of them strong consideration and I'm sure that Sund will as well since he likes to take chances on young project bigs. Whiteside definitely interests me with the way he blocks shots and rebounds the ball and we're obviously interested in Orton since we worked him out.

My guess is that we'll be taking the best tall combo guard available. It would be kind of funny for us to draft Jones though and have Dominique saying his name and/or nimber during broadcasts.

I really think Orton and Whiteside will go before us. I think Jones, Crawford, and White are our guys if draft falls as predicted. My sleeper is Elliot Williams, he does it all IMO and may have to best overall NBA ready game of any of these late combo guard picks. I can see why Memphis is said to be targeting him.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Which would be worse, both of those guys along with Alabi are gone by the 24th pick or one of them is on the board and we pass on him?

Well, if we pick the best player none of it really matters. Assuming that those big men end up as productive players and none of the 2-4 players we are looking at emerge as stars, then I say it is definitely worse if they are on the board and we pass on them. As much as it stunk to see Ty Lawson go before us - and anyone who was chatting with on here might remember my reaction - it is much worse to pass on a rare commodity like a passable center with legit size and have to live with that regret. This is why it is harder to deal with the fact that we passed on Deron Williams and Chris Paul than it is to deal with the fact that we didn't get the right bounce in the lottery and were unable to draft Dwight Howard.

Well, if we pick the best player none of it really matters. Assuming that those big men end up as productive players and none of the 2-4 players we are looking at emerge as stars, then I say it is definitely worse if they are on the board and we pass on them. As much as it stunk to see Ty Lawson go before us - and anyone who was chatting with on here might remember my reaction - it is much worse to pass on a rare commodity like a passable center with legit size and have to live with that regret. This is why it is harder to deal with the fact that we passed on Deron Williams and Chris Paul than it is to deal with the fact that we didn't get the right bounce in the lottery and were unable to draft Dwight Howard.

Are you saying you like Orton and Whiteside? I really do not care for Orton but Whiteside intrigues me. Both are projects but I like Whitesides upside a lot more...

Me too !

I see alot of a young and healthy Michael Redd in him.

Unlike Draft Express a lot of people are picking Anderson to be gone at 16 or 17. Makes perfect sense for both the TWolves and Bulls who could both use a shooter.

Yes. Chad Ford's latest mock has us taking Whiteside.

I like Whiteside but Orton worries me with his weight and underachieving rebounding numbers. That is really all he had to do when playing was stay in the paint and rebound; yet could not hit 10 boards per 40 minutes against much smaller players....

• Moderators

I like Whiteside but Orton worries me with his weight and underachieving rebounding numbers. That is really all he had to do when playing was stay in the paint and rebound; yet could not hit 10 boards per 40 minutes against much smaller players....

He averaged 3.3 rpg and played 13.2 mpg. That is 10 rp40.

• Moderators

Are we actually talking about a guy who played 13.2 minutes per game in college? 13.2? Holy Cow - - Why?

Has there ever been a player like him stuck behind two lottery picks in Demarcus Cousins and Patrick Patterson? Which one of those guys would you expect to sit in favor of Orton or Whiteside or just about any other big man in this draft?

Now, I think Orton is raw but he isn't someone I blame for being unable to get past a mediocre senior. Cousins was by far the best big man in the country last season and was first team all-sec and first team all-american. Patterson was the talented vet who was first team all-sec as well.

I can't think of anyone who played under those circumstances unless you are talking about someone like Dikembe Mutombo.

If you recall, Dikembe averaged 3.3 rpg in 12+ mpg his freshman year. He turned out OK. Orton won't be the next Dikembe but Orton has legit size and athleticism to be an impact guy down the line in the NBA. He is very raw but has the tools so that if he returned to school and polished his game you wouldn't get a shot at him with the #24 pick.

Orton won't be the next Dikembe but Orton has legit size and athleticism to be an impact guy down the line in the NBA. He is very raw but has the tools so that if he returned to school and polished his game you wouldn't get a shot at him with the #24 pick.

I think Orton made a bad decision not staying in school. He would easily surpass 3 pts and 3 rbs a game if he stayed and got starter minutes.

• Moderators

I think Orton made a bad decision not staying in school. He would easily surpass 3 pts and 3 rbs a game if he stayed and got starter minutes.

Of course, he would. Had he been on any other team in the nation he would have had significantly better stats. You could see him developing offensively over the course of the season and he would have been a beast next year. I was shocked when he announced he was going pro but I suspect that will partly have to do with getting out of college before the potential lockout and next CBA.

He is a gamble but one that could really pay off for some team ala the impact of Andrew Bynum or Kendrick Perkins.

Of course, he would. Had he been on any other team in the nation he would have had significantly better stats. You could see him developing offensively over the course of the season and he would have been a beast next year. I was shocked when he announced he was going pro but I suspect that will partly have to do with getting out of college before the potential lockout and next CBA.

He is a gamble but one that could really pay off for some team ala the impact of Andrew Bynum or Kendrick Perkins.

I get the lockout and CBA but still I think him moving up 10 or more spots would increase his money even with a new CBA. Him starting next season would possibly throw him into the lottery. Like you said it shocks me as well when ever a guy comes out that goes this late in the draft. Unlike Marvin who was projected 1 through 5 the whole time...