• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

If CP3 is traded and for some trash to another team not named the Hawks.

Joker

Why would Joe want to play with NO w/o Paul there ?

JJ controls where he wants to go.....not the Hawks.

Darren Collison :newspaper:

Because both their contracts actually expire next year.

Explain any team that can trade a player that can give them capspace this year? There are very few large, unguaranteed contracts out there, like Dampier's so that really narrows the teams down.

• Moderators

I would want no part of a post-Paul NO if I were JJ. That team looks like it is going to have revenue and management problems going forward and will certainly not jump to anywhere near the head of the pack if it trades Paul for JJ plus. If JJ wants that level of success, he might as well take the money here in Atlanta where at least there is a young frontcourt with talent.

Explain any team that can trade a player that can give them capspace this year? There are very few large, unguaranteed contracts out there, like Dampier's so that really narrows the teams down.

Drag....you are aware of the teams with capspace for all the premier free agents right?

...If JJ wants that level of success, he might as well take the money here in Atlanta where at least there is a young frontcourt with talent.

Ahh..there is the rub AHF. Do we want to hitch our wagon to JJ even if we can get him at $16-18 mil a year + ? Personally (from what I've seen) I don't trust JJ. I think he may be one of those guys who takes the huge 6 year guarranteed contract and then settles down and scores 14 points a game on 5-14 shooting with a few free thows.

JJ is the last serious leftover part of the BK debacle - say: so long pal...see you in the funny papers.

Edited by DJlaysitup

Drag....you are aware of the teams with capspace for all the premier free agents right?

You're right. My brain wasn't functioning properly. Maybe they would prefer immediate capspace, but wouldn't you agree my proposed deal at least gives them a competitive team this year and some building blocks for the future? The Devin Harris/#3 deal IMO is enticing, but not great for them since Collison has proven to be a solid PG for them in Paul's absense. They'd have 2 solid young PG's, but holes elsewhere. To me that's part of the Hawks dilema. JJ and Crawford are both starting caliber SG's, but are the Hawks a better team with both of them or what potential return you could get by dealing one of them? Who knows what any of these owners and GM's are thinking? If they were looking for immediate competing, they'd take the Orlando deal. My deal falls somewhere in the middle. Capspace AND talent.

Edited by Dragitoff

You're right. My brain wasn't functioning properly. Maybe they would prefer immediate capspace, but wouldn't you agree my proposed deal at least gives them a competitive team this year and some building blocks for the future? The Devin Harris/#3 deal IMO is enticing, but not great for them since Collison has proven to be a solid PG for them in Paul's absense. They'd have 2 solid young PG's, but holes elsewhere. To me that's part of the Hawks dilema. JJ and Crawford are both starting caliber SG's, but are the Hawks a better team with both of them or what potential return you could get by dealing one of them? Who knows what any of these owners and GM's are thinking? If they were looking for immediate competing, they'd take the Orlando deal. My deal falls somewhere in the middle. Capspace AND talent.

Well that's why I think the Jersey deal would be hard to beat. They'd offer Harris who may be redundant but movable afterward along with the 3rd pick which could be any host of bigs plus they could easily absorb Posey's contract and still be able to offer Lebron or Bosh the max while the Hornets get close to 10 mill in savings this year. Peja comes of the books along with Mo Pete next year which is another 20 million. That's 29 million worth of savings over 2 seasons, with a former allstar PG in Harris, former allstar PF in West and Okafor as trade chips and capspace for a max contract. That looks great to any prospective buyer, low salaries and flexibility to succeed.

• Moderators

Darren Collison newspaper.gif

Right. The whole reason they will part with CP3 is they think Collison will be great and Paul is injury prone and expensive. They are about to have a good owner it sounds like and they have some players. Plus, its really close to Arkansas.

• Moderators

Ahh..there is the rub AHF. Do we want to hitch our wagon to JJ even if we can get him at $16-18 mil a year + ? Personally (from what I've seen) I don't trust JJ. I think he may be one of those guys who takes the huge 6 year guarranteed contract and then settles down and scores 14 points a game on 5-14 shooting with a few free thows.

JJ is the last serious leftover part of the BK debacle - say: so long pal...see you in the funny papers.

That is from the perspective of a fan thinking about the Hawks. From JJ's perspective thinking about JJ, the Hawks are more attractive than the post-Paul Hornets, IMO.

Edited by AHF

Thanks for the Bday wishes. I was overacting to a point but it is still clear that a lack of movement will be a sign bad for the Hawks. I will wait and see like any Hawks fan. I just remember those early to mid 2000's teams and I don't want to go through that again.

I can see it now. We don't make a move, lose Joe, hired the cheapest coach in the NBA, and trade Crawford for some noob. I am done with this franchise. I have been through so many ups and downs with this franchise but this one could cripple us and we will never be a legit team till 2030 if we do not make moves this off-season. We could lose what I mention in the first sentence, lose Horford and Smith to injury and end up with the #1 pick but knowing our luck, the draft would be watered down like the Adam Morrison/Shelden Williams draft. The ownership better step up and there is a reason why I stopped posting of late or even caring about that team that plays in Atlanta. By the way, yesterday was my birthday, happy bday to me. Peace.

You guys need to get over Chris Paul already.

The Nets could not even get this guy for the THIRD OVERALL PICK. What in the world makes you think we have enough pieces to land him?

Chris Paul means too much to that city for them to trade him especially now that he has made it known he doesn't want to go.