• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What does Joe offer that can't be replaced?

ATL_BALLER

I hope you guys realize just how good this guy is. He wore down in the playoffs and it certainly showed. There was only one SG in the entire NBA who averaged more points and shot a better % from the floor. That would be Dwyane Wade. That is mostly due to his ability to finish inside and get to the line. That somewhat evens out when you consider that JJ is a better scorer from everywhere else on the floor but at the rim. Kobe cant even say that. He has been good. Very good. Good enough to carry this team past the Orlando Magic? Not even at his best, but you can say the same for any other SG in the NBA. I don't think there is a SG in the NBA today that is superior to JJ in every facet of the game. Coach Drew knows that. He has been here throughout JJ tenure and the fact that he wants JJ back here so badly tells me all I need to know.

When it comes to SG, only Kobe and Wade could be considered as clear upgrades. If we truly intend to compete for championships, we need this guy back. I just can't see it any other way. No one is saying he can't be "replaced" in terms of points, rebounds etc. but his overall court presence can't be easily replaced. If we find a way to land Kobe, Wade or maybe Brandon Roy (who didn't want to come here as a draft pick) then I will consider him replaced. Anyone else and I will just shake my head. John Salmons? Really guys? There is a reason teams will be throwing 100M+ at Joe Johnson this summer while Salmons will be possibly going to his fourth NBA team for somethiing close to the MLE.

• Like 1

Joe is that kind of guy who you want the ball in their hands in the final minutes of a game. Sure, he missed alot of shots in the clutch and most of his shots were questionable, but still he came through for us. So the only thing that we will lose if Joe leaves is that guy who we want to score for us when we are in need of big, or clutch shots.

I will not shed any tears if JJ leaves because of one main reason: He's BORING!!!

One thing that needs to be taken consideration is that the Hawks need to make more money, which implies that the Hawks need to draw better at the gate. JJ is not a draw. He's quiet, methodical, and now he's also disliked after what he said. Is spending max on JJ the best way to invest all that money? It's not like people are trying to rename Fulton county in JJ county, or making pleasdontleaveJJ.com . I think our team would be better on the court and at the gate by bringing back Chills, getting a quality player from trading JJ, then taking that ten-man team and running the opposition off the court.

Anyone can be replaced but if we cannot afford a 2nd round pick, I just have this gut feeling for some reason that our owners will not come close to replacing him in the near future if he walks...

Joe is a proven 20/5/5 guy. Not easy giving that up. And if he leaves we almost certainly have to try to fill the void with someone like John Salmons or he will clearly be missed.

Jordan Crawford is too young to replace Joe even if he's good enough down the road, and it takes away our depth.