• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Knicks High On Joe Johnson's List

GameTime

Chris Broussard of ESPN is reporting that the Knicks are high on Joe Johnson's list of potential free-agent destinations.

"Plugged-in sources saying Knicks high on Joe Johnson's list of teams," Broussard wrote on his Twitter page.

The Knicks have enough cap room to sign two max-level free agents and Johnson might be an option should LeBron James and Dwyane Wade sign elsewhere.

http://twitter.com/chris_broussard

• Premium Member

Lol @ joe playing in new york if he can't take the heat in the atl

the difference is I doubt NY fans would boo a guy for being in a slump. You can say the NY media is ruthless but the NY fan is probably the most knowledgeable fan in America. Only in an unsophisticated sports town like Atlanta would it be acceptable to boo a player giving max effort while having a poor shooting night. I recall John Starks having one of the worst payoff games ever yet I don't recall the Knicks fans booing him.

Edited by NineOhTheRino
  • Like 1

Co-sign!

We should just play smart and wait... Queen-J and Bosh to Chicago, Miami and New York will jump all-over Amare/Boozer...

I just don't want us payin' max money to JJ and handcuff our franchise for next five years... 80/5 that's it, or S&T...

the difference is I doubt NY fans would boo a guy for being in a slump. You can say the NY media is ruthless but the NY fan is probably the most knowledgeable fan in America. Only in an unsophisticated sports town like Atlanta would it be acceptable to boo a player giving max effort while having a poor shooting night. I recall John Starks having one of the worst payoff games ever yet I don't recall the Knicks fans booing him.

They would boo the hell out of JJ, just like they booed A Rod.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I defenitely think Joe is gone and it's largely because the Hawks, for years, have been "satisfied". Joe had been asking for help for years, but the Hawks were content with their solid "core". So they pretty much never answered his request the way he would have liked. Now, Joe has a chance to go to a team that will pair him with legitimate All-Stars and has legitimate title aspirations. He won't get that if he stays in Atlanta. Losing Joe won't be the end of the world for the Hawks, but the reasons for him leaving, if he does, could be very damaging. Also, Al Horford is watching this. He's come out this offseason already and has asked for a center so he can play the 4. If they ignore his request, will the Hawks eventually lose him to?

Agreed.

If the Knicks settle for a Boozer/JJ combo then that spells disaster for both JJ and the Knicks. That Knicks team would struggle for a #8 - #6 playoff seed.

You can mark it down that James will get Bosh or Stoudemire to join him and Wade will get the other.

Everyone else will be left to over pay JJ, Boozer, & Gay.

take out knowledgeable and put in emotional please................for goodness sake.

You have obviosuly never been to NY or listened to one of their many sports radio stations. NY sports fan = moron.

forget the fans... the New York media would run him out of town.,if he avg 12ppg

in a playoff series. He'll miss the friendly AJC when he has 3 or 4 NYC newspapers

tearing him a new one.

Nino you're right, it's our( the fans) fault Joe has sucked in the 2nd round, the last 2 years we have been in.. Who do we think we are for booing our "star" player, for such a TERRIBLE performance in the playoffs.

No, it's not the fans' fault but it's not entirely Joe's fault either. Woody isn't exactly the most creative coach in the offensive end and that didn't make it any easier for Joe to perform. You act like Joe is the reason why we don't win when it's the exact opposite.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I think joe is already playing with 2 all-stars in al and smoove.

Depending on who signs where I think smoove has a really good shot this year at making the team.

Possibly, but I doubt it. If Boozer and Amare are playing the 4 in the east next year along with Bosh, Smoove will have a very difficult time making the All-Star team as a 4.

• Premium Member

No, it's not the fans' fault but it's not entirely Joe's fault either. Woody isn't exactly the most creative coach in the offensive end and that didn't make it any easier for Joe to perform. You act like Joe is the reason why we don't win when it's the exact opposite.

I don't think Woody had anything to do with it. Joe was in a slump! No one is really at fault; these things happen in sports. Was Doc at fault when Ray went 0 for 10 after hitting 8 3's in a game? Joe was missing everything. Woody did a good job at getting him open looks but they just didn't go in.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

You don't recall Knick fans booing him for that .because that game happened on the road.

I think joe is already playing with 2 all-stars in al and smoove.

Depending on who signs where I think smoove has a really good shot this year at making the team.

Not only is he playing with two all stars, he is playing with two guys who are for all intents and purposes better players at their position than he is at his.

All this talk about Joe not having any help is bunk.

Joe isn't going to NY. Number one, they have like 2 people on the roster, nobody else is going there and we can pay him more. NY fans would eat poor Joe alive, after 2 years of thinking they are going to get LEbron.....and they get Joe Johnson? LMFAO

:lol6:

I think there is a good chance that JJ will be the last of the 'big names' to sign which will leave us in a good place. But if he doesn't want to be here it won't matter, but he may have to make a very tough decision about the dollars he gets here vs. elsewhere.