• Raised $390 of $700 target

Add Dallas to Joe's list of suitors.

mrhonline

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member

IMO any S&T for Joe to Dallas would require a resigned Haywood back in our direction. Dallas really has nothing else on the roster other than Dirk and Haywood that I would be interested in.

• Premium Member

even so, they could sign him for about 6 mil per and then trade him to us. as a 10/6 type bench player he is a MLE contract anyway.

Do you really think he'd take the MLE just to sign with...Atlanta? Dallas has no center if they trade Dampier.

Haywood will get no less than $7M per season over no less than 3 seasons.

Do you really think he'd take the MLE just to sign with...Atlanta? Dallas has no center if they trade Dampier.

Haywood will get no less than $7M per season over no less than 3 seasons.

I think we can get him for a Zaza type of contract. He wouldn't start but I do believe that he'd have a more central role here than he would in Dallas. Besides, I believe that if Mark Cuban wants to get something done he will do it. Even if he has to give us money to get it done.

• Premium Member

I think we can get him for a Zaza type of contract. He wouldn't start but I do believe that he'd have a more central role here than he would in Dallas. Besides, I believe that if Mark Cuban wants to get something done he will do it. Even if he has to give us money to get it done.

There's too many teams who have legit needs at center and cap space for him to settle for a MLE deal.

I can't help but feel our ownership would rather have Damp's non guaranteed contract and waive him so they save even more money.

Bingo! This is what makes the most sense to me looking at our ownerships history. 75 million that JJ got on his last contract is probably as far as our owners want to go for a player not named Kobe and LeBron, or from a historical perspective Jordan and Shaq...

Our history:

We aquire expiring contracts

We do not use the MLE

We sell picks

We may actually use the MLE this season if JJ is gone; if they can save around 10 in a SNT for JJ. Then they can say, I told you we would use the three million to sign a veteran LOL...

If we sign and keep JJ for 100 plus million I will be shocked.

Edited by Buzzard

There's too many teams who have legit needs at center and cap space for him to settle for a MLE deal.

In any event if we are signing Joe to a max deal we probably have to pay him 7 mil per to make the deal even out anyway. I think Caron makes about 10 mil per. So it still works out. Just give him a 4 year 6 mil contract or a 3 year 21 mil contract.

• Premium Member

Dallas is not trading Roddy B. I'd be triple jam shocked if they did.

I agree, but I'm about to shoot some Mavs' fans on RealGM if they don't stop acting like he's worth LeBron, Wade, and Bosh only.