• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

do we really want smoove to play SF

chuck15

cause i hold my breathe everytime he shoots....playing the SF would allow him to shoot more than i would want him too......i know all want horf to have a big buddy to play alongside but .....in the east we just have to worry about dwight at center....keep horf at 5 and smoove at 4 get a good decent backup center to match up with dwight. we dont need to get bigger and slower we need to get faster and some chemistry working....look at the suns amare isnt exactly the best defensive 5 but with the speed and shooting and atheletic ability they almost went to the finals.....so kep smoove at 4 and dont let him shoot

• Premium Member

One backup big is not going solve the Hawks size and rebounding issues. If they're insistent on Josh as a 4, a decision between Al and Smoove will have to be made because Al apparently does not want to play center for the rest of his career.

is that up to al if he wants to play center or is that up to the coach....?? at the beginning of the season i didnt think the suns would be anything with a good back big man....lopez came in and brought toughness and good energy to the team...cant we find a gem to play the same role.....if al is committed to winning he does wht the coach wants him too right......i mean can u name 5 better centers in the east??

is that up to al if he wants to play center or is that up to the coach....?? at the beginning of the season i didnt think the suns would be anything with a good back big man....lopez came in and brought toughness and good energy to the team...cant we find a gem to play the same role.....if al is committed to winning he does wht the coach wants him too right......i mean can u name 5 better centers in the east??

Considering Al will be an RFA next year, he has some pull.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

No offense, but what have the Suns won? And when push came to shove, they were not big enought to contend with the Lakers. Sure, the coach will decide who plays where, but Al will have his say when he becomes a free agent. Al is a natural 4 and he knows he would be more effective there. Josh, as much as I love him, is a converted 4 (came into the league playing the 3). When his athletic ability starts to fade, how effective of a 4 will he be then?

no the suns havent won but atleast they are where we would like to be and that is contention for a title....yea al does have his pull.....but theres the problem he has pull...why cant he just try to do wht ever we can to help the team and helping the team is playing the 5.....lets say we move him to 4 and get a big at 5 and smoove to 3 ....we lose all athletic ability to run.......if we bring JJ back we all know he doesnt like to run and gun...we all saw last year when the bench came in..when we run we win......al wants to be a 4 soo he can get more iso for himself.....and iuno about you but i cant do anymore iso no matter who the iso is for......keep al at 5 and run the pick and roll like the suns do.run it like orlando does......do it like boston......our main problem is chemistry ......al said it himself...some players didnt like playing with others.......lets put a team together where everybody can contribute.......lets put together a 03 04 pistons team where they shared the ball and spaced the court well........LD said the team is gonna be more free flowing.....let teague al and smoove run up and down that court and see wht happens.......i love JJ but he'll always be an iso player and hes never gonna win.....

Hmm I wouldn't mind seeing Josh try it. He could do alot more work on his jumper but his handling isnt that bad. Not to mention it would make it easier for us to get rebounds. If we played the lineup of Crawford-Crawford-Josh-Al-(Some Center) I think he wouldn't have to stand out a tthe 3 pt line all day because the two crawfords can handle all the scoring. It would definately make it harder for the other teams to score and rebound over us.

Either put him at 3 or trade him for a traditional shooting SF and be over with it. I personally think Smoove can play the 3 but the outcry by the fanbase would be substantial. So this conflict needs to get resolved, and it will most likely happen through a trade.

What you want is Josh to share time between the 3 and the 4. You do not want him to be a 3 full time, but as the 3 he presents matchup problems for opposing 3's. He is just too strong for them to stop while moving toward the basket. He will draw fouls and force the opposing teams bigs to step out and stop his drives, cuts, posts.

This is why Lebron is so successful. He is a handful for all opposing 3's.

What you want is Josh to share time between the 3 and the 4. You do not want him to be a 3 full time, but as the 3 he presents matchup problems for opposing 3's. He is just too strong for them to stop while moving toward the basket. He will draw fouls and force the opposing teams bigs to step out and stop his drives, cuts, posts.

This is why Lebron is so successful. He is a handful for all opposing 3's.

Bron can dribble, drive, and shoot just a touch better than Smoove :thumbsdownsmileyanim:

Edited by Buzzard

Everyone says Josh can't play SF because he can't shoot 3's, but there's no such thing as a perfect player. All are good at some things and not good at others. There's plenty Josh can't do at PF, too. Not all SF's can shoot from deep consistently. For 2009-2010:

LeBron James 33.3%

Rudy Gay 32.7%

Richard Jefferson 31.6%

Carmelo Anthony 31.6%

Caron Butler 29.0%