• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

AJC Update: Hawks/Joe working out details of contract agreement.

mrhonline

I am of the opinion that the delay in JJ agreeing to the contract with the Hawks and the details that they are working out are his demands for what players on the roster must go and discussing the moves that Sund is planning. Based on MC's comments here about the ASG being willing to pay the luxury tax for the right players makes me think that we might just have a blockbuster deal in the works that would bring another star player to Atlanta as I can't imagine anyone less than a star would be considered "the right player".

I know it's just wishful thinking but how awesome would this be:

• Trade Smoove and Jamal for Paul and Okafor
  • Trade Bibby and Marvin for Randolph, Azubuike and Gadzuric
  • Re-sign JJ
  • Re-sign Chillz

Paul/Teague

JJ/Evans/Lil Crawford

Azubuike/Childress (Buike would start due to his better outside shooting)

Randolph/Okafor

Horford/Zaza/Gadzuric

I am of the opinion that the delay in JJ agreeing to the contract with the Hawks and the details that they are working out are his demands for what players on the roster must go and discussing the moves that Sund is planning. Based on MC's comments here about the ASG being willing to pay the luxury tax for the right players makes me think that we might just have a blockbuster deal in the works that would bring another star player to Atlanta as I can't imagine anyone less than a star would be considered "the right player".

• Re-sign JJ
  • Re-sign Chillz

Paul/Teague

JJ/Evans/Lil Crawford

Randolph/MLE FA?

Horford/Zaza/Gadzuric

Were not getting AR, maybe Wright but AR would be crazy. I would love that deal by the way.

My lineup:

CP3/Teague

JJ/Jordan C./(Azubuike)*

Childress/(AR)*/Evans

Horford/(Wright)*/Zaza

Okafor/Gadz/Zaza

* Means it just depends on what Sund accepts. The trade would clear cash to sign Horford back to an extension.

Were not getting AR, maybe Wright but AR would be crazy. I would love that deal by the way.

My lineup:

CP3/Teague

JJ/Jordan C./(Azubuike)*

Childress/(AR)*/Evans

Horford/(Wright)*/Zaza

Okafor/Gadz/Zaza

* Means it just depends on what Sund accepts. The trade would clear cash to sign Horford back to an extension.

Oh yeah I forgot to include Okafor in my lineup ... and never say never because this time last year nobody on here would have said we'd get Jamal Crawford for Acie and Speedy and we pulled that off and we're talking to the same team about a deal this year so I won't put it past the Warriors to be on the losing end of the trade.

Oh yeah I forgot to include Okafor in my lineup ... and never say never because this time last year nobody on here would have said we'd get Jamal Crawford for Acie and Speedy and we pulled that off and we're talking to the same team about a deal this year so I won't put it past the Warriors to be on the losing end of the trade.

Laugh now or cry later but Marvin is going to make us pay for that trade. If we get CP3, I could give a s***.

• Re-sign JJ
  • Re-sign Chillz

Paul/Teague

JJ/Evans/Lil Crawford

Randolph/Okafor

Horford/Zaza/Gadzuric

Agreed. The fan of me is either thinking Amare/Bosh or CP3.

Agreed. The fan of me is either thinking Amare/Bosh or CP3.

I was also thinking that this may be the year that we finally pull the trigger (or maybe Phoenix finally does) on swapping Smoove and Amare. That would give us the 2nd star to pair with JJ (possibly 3rd depending on how Horford continues to grow) and it wouldn't hurt our cap at all if we included Crawford in the deal. So maybe something like Smoove/Jamal for Amare/Earl Clark? That would help to balance our team a little better, assuming that Clark becomes anything like what he was projected to be.

I wouldn't mind trading for Bosh but for some reason I don't think he would want to play for the Hawks.

:blow out candles: :thumbsupsmileyanim: :line dance: :vacation1: :beer11:

HALLELULULULU

I havent been this happy since I heard we traded that Texas kid for Jordan Crawford and pick 31. Lets hope there is no letdown here though. Im excited, scared but excited.

Edited by NJHAWK

I was also thinking that this may be the year that we finally pull the trigger (or maybe Phoenix finally does) on swapping Smoove and Amare. That would give us the 2nd star to pair with JJ (possibly 3rd depending on how Horford continues to grow) and it wouldn't hurt our cap at all if we included Crawford in the deal. So maybe something like Smoove/Jamal for Amare/Earl Clark? That would help to balance our team a little better, assuming that Clark becomes anything like what he was projected to be.

I wouldn't mind trading for Bosh but for some reason I don't think he would want to play for the Hawks.

That wouldn't make sense or cent$. That's a ten million dollar difference in salary and Amare is not a luxury tax player. In a trade that available, there are only two luxury tax players are and those are Melo and CP3 and I don't think Melo is available yet.

Back to Marvin, he could average 20+ a game in GS in their offense. He could be key for many years for them. But Chillz is just a better 4th or 5th option for Atlanta. He is excellent off the ball, attacks the boards, and is good on offense and defense as well as a great athlete. He doesn't have Marvin abilities but he's an excellent 4th or 5th option for our team. I could understand the move for Atlanta if a luxury tax player is on our roster. I still think we will pay for the trade like GS paid for Crawford to Atlanta.

Edited by nbasuperstar40

My lineup:

CP3/Teague

JJ/Jordan C./(Azubuike)*

Childress/(AR)*/Evans

Horford/(Wright)*/Zaza

Okafor/Gadz/Zaza

I'd get season tickets the day a Paul trade happens.

Earl Clark wouldn't be bad at all to try to get with Amare. At worst he puts up Marvin numbers given 30 minutes (10-5). But I think he will be more aggressive than Marv IMO.

That wouldn't make sense or cent$. That's a ten million dollar difference in salary and Amare is not a luxury tax player. In a trade that available, there are only two luxury tax players are and those are Melo and CP3 and I don't think Melo is available yet.

Back to Marvin, he could average 20+ a game in GS in their offense. He could be key for many years for them. But Chillz is just a better 4th or 5th option for Atlanta. He is excellent off the ball, attacks the boards, and is good on offense and defense as well as a great athlete. He doesn't have Marvin abilities but he's an excellent 4th or 5th option for our team. I could understand the move for Atlanta if a luxury tax player is on our roster. I still think we will pay for the trade like GS paid for Crawford to Atlanta.

How is it a 10 million dollar difference in salary? Amare would get the max like JJ for 6 years and that's what, 18 million in year 1? Smoove and Jamal combined make a little over 20 million.

And sorry I have to disagree with you, Amare Stoudemire (24 points, 9 boards, shooting 56%) is absolutely worth paying the tax for!

Earl Clark wouldn't be bad at all to try to get with Amare. At worst he puts up Marvin numbers given 30 minutes (10-5). But I think he will be more aggressive than Marv IMO.

Plus he's a pretty good shot blocker too. As long as he came in and rebounded and blocked shots off the bench I'd be happy. Anything he could produce points wise would just be gravy.

How is it a 10 million dollar difference in salary? Amare would get the max like JJ for 6 years and that's what, 18 million in year 1? Smoove and Jamal combined make a little over 20 million.

And sorry I have to disagree with you, Amare Stoudemire (24 points, 9 boards, shooting 56%) is absolutely worth paying the tax for!

11.6+ 5.1 mil trade kicker. Crawford 10.08 mil. That's 26 mil, I was off but it still doesn't work. He does that with Nash and being the #1 option. I don't like our chances with Amare. I rather have Joe to be honest.

We needed to sign Joe back just for the fact that he controls our future and we traded Rondo, Robin Lopez, and Boris Diaw for him.

Edited by nbasuperstar40

11.6+ 5.1 mil trade kicker. Crawford 10.08 mil. That's 26 mil, I was off but it still doesn't work. He does that with Nash and being the #1 option. I like our chances with Amare. I rather have Joe to be honest.

We needed to sign Joe back just for the fact that he controls our future and we traded Rondo, Robin Lopez, and Boris Diaw for him.

Ah yes I forgot about Josh's trade kicker, but your numbers are incorrect. Based on the 2010/2011 salaries Josh makes 11.6 million plus a 15% trade kicker, which would be 13.3 million total, plus Jamal at 10.1 million for a total of 23.4 million. The maximum salary for Amare is 17.2 (according to Sham - 105% of 2009 salary) and then Clark makes 1.9 million so you're looking at a total of 19.1 million. Multiply that times 120% + 100k and you're looking at roughly 23 million. The Suns could easily add a league minimum player to the deal to make the trade work.

And yeah I agree that we need Joe back, but we also need another reliable star to pair him with and while Paul is my first choice, I think Amare would be a little easier to acquire.

I was reading about Amare from a Phoenix fan who said Amare pretty much tanked the season till the playoffs going for the big contract.Amare scares me not sure I want him is he worth the risk?

His stats were actually better in the regular season than they where in the playoffs but not by much. They also fall in line with his steady career stats.

His stats were actually better in the regular season than they where in the playoffs but not by much. They also fall in line with his steady career stats.

Word has it that Amare is going to get Max with NYK.

i will have more details later but the gist of it is ASG is not opposed to paying the luxury tax for the right player(s)

Really looking forward to later.

Let's hope this won't be one of those disappearing promises (is promises too strong?).

In a trade that available, there are only two luxury tax players are and those are Melo and CP3 and I don't think Melo is available yet.

yes please. cp3 or melo would be it for me. moving marvin and bibby for cap space (and opening up the starting sf and/or pg position)? bring it. there are rumbles of melo needing to be traded just as much as there has about paul.