• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Next Move?

PaceRam

Now that Joe Johnson has apparently agreed to the Hawks proposal what do you think the Hawks next move will be? Will they be satisfied and stay pat with the team they currently have and just add a couple of cheap role players or will they attempt to make another major move or two? If they do try to make another move which Hawks players(s) (Josh Smith, Marvin Williams, Jeff Teague, Jamaal Crawford, etc) will be on the trading block? And, with the money they just spent on Joe Johnson do they have any salary cap space to go after another FA (Center/PG/etc) or two. Personally, I would love to see them attempt a trade for Chris Paul (don't know if that is even realistic) and to try to sign one of the available FA Centers.

I'd like to think a Marvin + ZaZa for Biedrins as the next move...

Followed up by a Smoove/Craw for one of Melo or CP3...although if NO wants Horford instead, I'm fine with this too as I feel Smooves game is better paired with CP3

ASG would be crazy to not take advantage of this frenzy. Everybody who's anybody is able to be had THIS SUMMER. Do it to it Sund!

Edited by warcore

Do you think anyone on the Hawks roster is untouchable as far as being traded is concerned? I used to think everyone was tradeable except for Horford and I don't even think he is off limits if the right offer came along.

Joe Johnson

Al Horford

everyone else has a price.

My dream scenario is two trades:

Smith / Jamal / Zaza for CP3 / Okafar

followed by

Chillz for McGee (am not sure why they woud do this tough).

That would give us the best starting 5 in the NBA and a pretty good bench...

CP3 / Teague / Bibby

JJ / JCraw / Bibby

Marvin / Mo

Horford / Okafar

Okafar /McGee

We would need another PF type like Joe Smith.

Do you think anyone on the Hawks roster is untouchable as far as being traded is concerned? I used to think everyone was tradeable except for Horford and I don't even think he is off limits if the right offer came along.

Part of the ASG selling point to JJ was that he would be playing with top tier PF/C in Horford/Smith. That he couldnt go to another team this summer that had a top 10 center+ pf. So the plan is to have those three as the cornerstone and add another huge piece is what I have gathered over the last couple of days. With all the excitement and hoopla with possible trades going down, fans have been putting smoove in a lot of trade scenerios. I think they forget that that is what they are selling Joe on, using other pieces we have to plug up holes. Would I trade Smith for a Melo or CP3?? In a heart beat. Is that most likely the move that the ASG is planning ...highly unlikely considering those facts.

Followed up by a Smoove/Craw for one of Melo or CP3...although if NO wants Horford instead, I'm fine with this too as I feel Smooves game is better paired with CP3

ASG would be crazy to not take advantage of this frenzy. Everybody who's anybody is able to be had THIS SUMMER. Do it to it Sund!

yesss cp3 loves giving alley oopss but after tyson chandler left he couldnt do it but to smoove hell love that

Now that Joe Johnson has apparently agreed to the Hawks proposal what do you think the Hawks next move will be? Will they be satisfied and stay pat with the team they currently have and just add a couple of cheap role players or will they attempt to make another major move or two? If they do try to make another move which Hawks players(s) (Josh Smith, Marvin Williams, Jeff Teague, Jamaal Crawford, etc) will be on the trading block? And, with the money they just spent on Joe Johnson do they have any salary cap space to go after another FA (Center/PG/etc) or two. Personally, I would love to see them attempt a trade for Chris Paul (don't know if that is even realistic) and to try to sign one of the available FA Centers.

I feel like all of these threads are ending up in the same place & we should consolidate, but ...

What if we could turn Bibby/Marvin/Smoove into Amare?

Part of the ASG selling point to JJ was that he would be playing with top tier PF/C in Horford/Smith. That he couldnt go to another team this summer that had a top 10 center+ pf. So the plan is to have those three as the cornerstone and add another huge piece is what I have gathered over the last couple of days. With all the excitement and hoopla with possible trades going down, fans have been putting smoove in a lot of trade scenerios. I think they forget that that is what they are selling Joe on, using other pieces we have to plug up holes. Would I trade Smith for a Melo or CP3?? In a heart beat. Is that most likely the move that the ASG is planning ...highly unlikely considering those facts.

I hear you Chinky, but if we're really talking another star, then we'll need Smoove's talent to get him (not to mention money).

Marvin/Bibby not only isn't that enticing, but it's also only ~12M.

I'd like to think we make a blockbuster deal. However, it may not really be neccessary. Maybe the problem is a solid front court player to help out Hordford and company. If this Shaq thing pans out and we do in fact acquire him, then I like what we have with the current roster. Obviously make some small signings as role players and bench guys, but the starting five I like.

• Premium Member

e

Lol, you're kidding? I can see the possibility of Marvin moving but there will not be 2 major moves, this team won 53 games last year.

Personally, I wish the Hawks next move would be to do a Sign & Trade with Joe Johnson. If he can't make his mind up if he wants to agree to a 6yr deal worth $119 (or, 120) million with the Hawks then he must not be too excited to play for them! I am guessing that the Hawks have to overpay players to play for them (I really don't understand that since they seem to me to be an up and coming young team!) but I just don't think Johnson is worth 120 million. But, on the other hand if the Hawks can't do a Sign & Trade with him then it would be a shame to lose a player of his quality without getting something in return. I do think the Hawks should give Johnson a deadline date to let them know one way or the other so they can proceed with other plans if he does not accept their offer.