Hawks will pursue SHAQ " till the very end "

NJHAWK

@ATL_Kenta I don't know if "likely" is the right word. I know they will pursue him until "the very end," per a source.

The above is from Sekou's twitter

DAM I REALLY WANT SHAQ HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He could make us lose out on other free agents if he jerks us around all summer, then signs with another team.

That is what I am afraid of. We will be stuck with D-Leaguers for bigs and Marv-Mo at SF.

Edited by GameTime

I don't see the Spurs wanting to get older. I think Atlanta is a great possibilty, if the money is right. We're gonna have to offer more than the MLE, for him to sign here. Is it worth it? I think so, just from gate and jersey sales. Even though he's 38, people will buy his garb,,,,

Edited by buckeye242424

I don't see the Spurs wanting to get older. I think Atlanta is a great possibilty, if the money is right. We're gonna have to offer more than the MLE, for him to sign here. Is it worth it? I think so, just from gate and jersey sales. Even though he's 38, people will buy his garb,,,,

Hell, I've got enough Hawks garb. But if we get him, I think there is enough room in the closet for a Kazaam jersey.

I think this would be a really good thing for the Hawks. Bring some attention back to Atlanta after Miami took the spotlight away from everyone including the Lakers (who actually won something... twice in a row), and would really spike ticket sales and interest in those who might be a bit turned off by the 'stay the course' measures the Hawks are taking. Don't get me wrong, I like the direction and even agree that overpaying for Joe was necessary to remain competitive (remember what happened when we blew up the team in 99'?)

But to get a guy who could defend Dwight Howard, put fans in the stands, and help us transition to a big set in the few times we need, all for the MLE? Sounds like a hell of a deal.

• Premium Member

i love how every other team is doing something and we are doing absolutely nothing.

I'd fairly certain Sund is probably working the phones trying to either sign a guy or work a trade. Just because nothing comes out of it doesn't mean there was no effort.

Some people just don't understand the process.... The phones never stop ringing my friend.

Decisions have to be made by more than one individual and that decision can be based on a million things...

Just because Sund takes an interest in a player doesn't automatically make him a HAWK!

GO HAWKS!!!!

Smith likes Shaq possibility

Smith stopped by to watch practice Saturday morning and endorsed Atlanta's interest in free agent center Shaquille O'Neal.

“He definitely brings that maturity and the leadership,” Smith said. “He definitely brings that experience we need. He has won titles. He's been there in the postseason so he knows what it takes to win, so I think he would be a good guy for the locker room.”

http://www.ajc.com/sports/atlanta-hawks/new-coach-conner-to-568237.html?cxtype=rss_hawks&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter