• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Suns to offer Chills

pound4pound

Maybe because they just gave away Childress for a 2nd rounder is why I won't give them any benefit of the doubt. It shows they could have signed Chill to a deal less than Marvs, but they wouldn't. It also shows the Suns knew how much leverage the Hawks actually had and thats why they only offered a 2nd rounder. If we had any leverage we would have gotten more out of the deal.

I bet the ASG first asked for cash, and then settled on a 2nd rounder which is as good as cash in their mind.

They are ALSO getting part of the Amare TE. Why can't you wait until you hear the full details before deciding whether or not to diss the ASG?

It's so exciting to see Shaq in Atlanta. It's like when Babe Ruth signed with the Boston Braves.

With the 2012 2nd round pick, the Atlanta Hawks select Vladimir Kovousos from the Ukraine.

Phoenix would acquire Childress in a sign-and-trade deal with Atlanta, which still has his rights after he left the Hawks and the NBA to take a three-year, $20 million deal with the Greek team Olympiakos in 2008. Childress, 27, is able to leave Greece early and has agreed to a five-year deal worth at least $30 million with the Suns. He is a 6-foot-8 swingman who averaged 11.1 points over four seasons with Atlanta, shooting 52.2 percent from the field and 36 percent on the 3-pointers.

Phoenix will give up a future second-round pick to acquire Childress.

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/articles/2010/07/11/20100711phoenix-suns-acquire-hedo-turkoglu-josh-childress.html#ixzz0tR7i8YCp

• Premium Member

I'm not blasting the ASG until we see what they do with the TPE we got from this. Obviously the second rounder two years from now isn't any real vaule. But if we swing that TPE with some contracts to upgrade the roster then I'll toast their asses for getting real value out of a guy who didn't want to be here at all.

You cannot combine the TPE with other contracts. It basically means we can get a player or combination of players for ~$3 million or less. Who are you going to get for that? Come on, this TPE is worthless.

So in other words, Mario West and Rand Mo salary.

Typical Hawks move giving up Childress who was the 6th or 7th player taken in the draft for a 2nd rounder. This is why we complain the Hawks many times don't maxmize the resources they have. Blown draft picks (Marvin instead of Paul or Williams) over paying on players Marvin and JJ it goes on and on. At least go get a big an improve the front line what many people want.

The Hawks weren't going to pay the luxury tax for Josh Childress- they had little leverage to get a better pick out of the Suns in this. (That probably closes the door on the Hawks using the MLE on anyone but Shaq)

The TPE shoudl be for Childress's previous salary of 3.6 million but as Hawksfanatic says you can't do something like trading the TPE and Evans (2.5 million) to a team and taking back a player that makes 6 million dollars. Basically this was just the Hawks knowing that they weren't going to match and getting back anything they could. I'll actually be pretty surprised if we don't find out that the Hawks are getting some cash back in the deal.

Edited by spotatl

Typical Hawks move giving up Childress who was the 6th or 7th player taken in the draft for a 2nd rounder. This is why we complain the Hawks many times don't maxmize the resources they have. Blown draft picks (Marvin instead of Paul or Williams) over paying on players Marvin and JJ it goes on and on. At least go get a big an improve the front line what many people want.

How are they giving up on him? He walked out on our team and has held us hostage for a few years and just simply does not seem to want to play with the Hawks even though we are an improving team with a new coaching staff. Screw him, he screwed us over and if we can get a bag of chips for his sorry *ss more power to the Front Office.

DANG ! The Suns got Turkoglu too but had to give up Barbosa.

I'm thinking Sund can find a good veteran from an under performing team around December who would gladly give him up to cut cost once they go into sale mode.

Too bad there were obviously no good deals out their for Chillz.

What I meant was drafting Childress 6th or 7th should have been a building block to the team not seeing the player go out of the league to play in a foreign league and then come back only to be traded for a 2nd rounder and cash. Time after time this team $#%ucks up which is why were still not an elite team. :help wanted3:

What I meant was drafting Childress 6th or 7th should have been a building block to the team not seeing the player go out of the league to play in a foreign league and then come back only to be traded for a 2nd rounder and cash. Time after time this team $#ks up which is why were still not an elite team. :help wanted3:

Well what do you mean by elite team? We are definitely a potential top 5 overall team. But yeah we don't have a top 5 overall player if you mean title contender which would have nothing to do with moves like this. It takes more luck and fortune to land a top 5 player than people are willing to admit.

Edited by BusBoyIsBack
  • Like 2

Well what do you mean by elite team? We are definitely a potential top 5 overall team. But yeah we don't have a top 5 overall player if you mean title contender which would have nothing to do with moves like this. It takes more luck and fortune to land a top 5 player than people are willing to admit.

Good point Bus Boy.

Busboy, by elite team I mean a team that can get to the championship. Quality players can be found after the top 5.What did we get really nothing out of that pick now that Childress is gone. A GM can't simply blow the pick.No one is perfect but the Hawks GMs have been pretty dismal.Sure your going to hit on Smoove,Horford but the number of top picks to miss on is why were not a favorite to be an elite team. Were contenders but not in the class of Orlando,Miami,Lakers or even Boston. We don't have any top 10 players on the team although Smoove is close.

Kobe and Rondo were not top 5 players and look whose laughing at the league now. When we did have top 5 or 7 we pretty much blew it besides Horford. Bad teams remain bad if they have lousy GMs and if your a good GM you can find talent throughout look at Jerry West or even Phoenix. Phoenix hasn't won any championships and they don't have a top 10 player but they can find very good talent throughout the first round wherever they picked. West is one of the top GMs and no matter where he drafts finds good talent.

You get my point thought right the pick we used for Childress is gone for practically nothing. :cant believe: