Could this team win a championship....

Diesel

• Premium Member

Shaq, Okafor

Horford, Zaza

Barnes, Mo, Pape Sy.

JJ, Jordan Craw

CP3, Teague, (servicable PG - The guy I wanted just signed with Charlotte).

With the rumors that CP3 is on the blocks... and that Okafor must go with him. I was thinking, this may be a time when we do what some say is impossible and bring back CP3 to be our PG and Shaq to be our Center.

Shaq, Okafor

Horford, Zaza

Barnes, Mo, Pape Sy.

JJ, Jordan Craw

With the rumors that CP3 is on the blocks... and that Okafor must go with him. I was thinking, this may be a time when we do what some say is impossible and bring back CP3 to be our PG and Shaq to be our Center.

I thought those rumors were dying? Especially, after they fired the GM.

Shaq, Okafor

Horford, Zaza

Barnes, Mo, Pape Sy.

JJ, Jordan Craw

This is an intriguing lineup. This lineup can give Miami and Orlando fits. I don't know if this lineup can win a championship and looking on the surface I like this lineup.

seems like a artificial lineup.... if we win a championship i want smith to be on the team. i rather not win it then to win like miami is trying. sounds dumb but it wouldnt be a sweet championship. it would be similar to a yankee championship. nice but paid for.

• Premium Member

I thought those rumors were dying? Especially, after they fired the GM.

You mean they fired the GM who said that they were not going to trade Paul?

The same GM who was trying to keep it under wraps that Paul wanted out of N.O. and is making a big stir?

yeah...

• Premium Member

seems like a artificial lineup.... if we win a championship i want smith to be on the team. i rather not win it then to win like miami is trying. sounds dumb but it wouldnt be a sweet championship. it would be similar to a yankee championship. nice but paid for.

I think the city can fall in love with CP3 much harder than Smith. Moroever, if it's trades that lead us to the championship, then it's not really paid for. We went out and traded for better fits.

tru it wouldnt be bought but it would still be a fantasy slash video game type championship. if i didnt feel like we are just one more solid piece away from a championship with this core then id be more into it. i think its shaq starting and prob taking alot of the credit for the ring along with paul. from your side i def think we will it with that lineup.

Barnes is a downgrade from Marvin and they would be a contender. It's tough to beat a team with three players overall 20 PER who are All Stars and one SS.

• Premium Member

tru it wouldnt be bought but it would still be a fantasy slash video game type championship. if i didnt feel like we are just one more solid piece away from a championship with this core then id be more into it. i think its shaq starting and prob taking alot of the credit for the ring along with paul. from your side i def think we will it with that lineup.

The thing is that all the stars are aligning and it's getting to a place where this could become a reality. But things have to line up.

• Premium Member

I like that better than what we have now, but I dunno... JJ and Paul would be CRAZY scary. Horf in the middle is not as explosive offensively as a Bosh, but he's certainly not a liability either. That and I'm sure he has more to offer. Moreover, I take Horf defensively and on the boards.

I say that we could take Orlando with that lineup or the Celtics. It'd be a tough series with Miami, but I think we could hang...

Edited by Wretch

It's weird not seeing Josh Smith on the list. He's been the hometown boy from ATL who's been a Hawk all NBA.

Also would seem to be a slap in the face when Josh played through the bad years and was a big part of the turn around to trade him away and take away his chance at a title.

I like that better than what we have now, but I dunno... JJ and Paul would be CRAZY scary. Horf in the middle is not as explosive offensively as a Bosh, but he's certainly not a liability either. That and I'm sure he has more to offer. Moreover, I take Horf defensively and on the boards.

I say that we could take Orlando with that lineup or the Celtics. It'd be a tough series with Miami, but I think we could hang...

Horford is better overall than Bosh. I stated that multiple times during the season so quote me on that statement. Horford and Paul is what I am most intrigued by. Joe will be Joe, don't expect anything different, just a more efficient offensive player and better defensive player since his offensive responsibilities are smaller than previous seasons.

Edited by nbasuperstar40

• Premium Member

Matchup wise, I think Orlando would be our scariest matchup. For years, our problem has been guard penetration. I don't think that's a problem any longer with Joe/Barnes playing lock down, Paul intercepting passing lane passes, Shaq down low, and Horf roaming. Then we bring in Okafor for a different look. i.e. Shot blocks.

What makes Orlando so tough is that they have their big 4 too. Lewis is a helluva matchup. The guy is 6'10", can shoot, can fly, can post. Nelson is a handful as a penetrating guard. Then you got old man Vince and Pietrus (Air Canada and Air France).

Miami is not going to be good if they can't get a 7 footer.

• Premium Member

Also would seem to be a slap in the face when Josh played through the bad years and was a big part of the turn around to trade him away and take away his chance at a title.

Oh it is. Probably bout as big a slap as watching the playoffs and seeing Smoove being called out for not getting back on defense. Losing Chillz for 3 million and a 2nd rounder was a smack in the face too.

• Premium Member

Horford is better overall than Bosh. I stated that multiple times during the season so quote me on that statement. Horford and Paul is what I am most intrigued by. Joe will be Joe, don't expect anything different, just a more efficient offensive player and better defensive player since his offensive responsibilities are smaller than previous seasons.

I think you would have to note that there would be some synergy if we brought in Paul to play with Joe. Unlike Crawford, Paul : 1. Plays just as good defense as Joe does. 2. Makes the players around him better.

They would be crazy.

and

I woudln't have to buy leaguepass.

I think you would have to note that there would be some synergy if we brought in Paul to play with Joe. Unlike Crawford, Paul : 1. Plays just as good defense as Joe does. 2. Makes the players around him better.

They would be crazy.

and

I woudln't have to buy leaguepass.

LOL, I like your options. They would be both for me and you. I don't think CP3 plays D as good for position as Joe but he's good in his own right. I think Joe's defense is better than assumed. It's just that he has to be Batman for us and his defense takes a hit. Remember Kobe D went up a lot after the Gasol trade.

Damn George Karl lost about 150 pounds. WOW. I hope Karl gets better soon.