• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

All the money issues

Vol4ever

• Premium Member

Don't know about everybody else, but being a fan of over 30 years I am tired of hearing about the money issues. As a fan I could care less what they pay for Shaq or any other player for that matter. As a fan I expect them to put a championship contending team on the court and if they don't I will not attend the games, it's really that simple!

This team is not championship contending- they are the third place team in the division. Its not hte fault of the Hawks that you don't want to hear about money even though you follow a league with a salary cap where what players get paid is very important. you just have unrealistic expectations.

There are more than 20 teams every season that aren't in championship contension. Every team can't get the fairweather fans happy. And to be honest for fans that are only supporters when the team is a championship contender thats a prety good description.

Edited by spotatl

• Admin

Don't know about everybody else, but being a fan of over 30 years I am tired of hearing about the money issues. As a fan I could care less what they pay for Shaq or any other player for that matter. As a fan I expect them to put a championship contending team on the court and if they don't I will not attend the games, it's really that simple!

There is no point in investing in Joe if the team is not going to try to put pieces together

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I agree with you. I'm sick and tired of Atlanta ownership groups crying poor mouth every year (sans the Blank's Falcons) and never investing the millions and millions they get off fans and television revenue back into teams. The ASG waaaaaaaaaaay overpaid to keep Joe Johnson and now they don't want to add some important pieces for five million or so? What?? You don't get to give out 120 million dollar deals and then decide not to do anything else.

It won't work. This team as it is now will have no chance of making it past the second round and honestly it might not even make it out of the first. The only way to change that is to add pieces by spending money to do it.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

This team is not championship contending- they are the third place team in the division. Its not hte fault of the Hawks that you don't want to hear about money even though you follow a league with a salary cap where what players get paid is very important. you just have unrealistic expectations.

There are more than 20 teams every season that aren't in championship contension. Every team can't get the fairweather fans happy. And to be honest for fans that are only supporters when the team is a championship contender thats a prety good description.

I don't think 30 years following a team is "fair weather", that's a cop out.

I agree with you. I'm sick and tired of Atlanta ownership groups crying poor mouth every year (sans the Blank's Falcons) and never investing the millions and millions they get off fans and television revenue back into teams. The ASG waaaaaaaaaaay overpaid to keep Joe Johnson and now they don't want to add some important pieces for five million or so? What?? You don't get to give out 120 million dollar deals and then decide not to do anything else.

It won't work. This team as it is now will have no chance of making it past the second round and honestly it might not even make it out of the first. The only way to change that is to add pieces by spending money to do it.

100% agree!

• Premium Member

I think that someone who will only support the team if they are a championship contender is the definition of a fair weather fan.

Not at all. I think if you follow a team for two or three decades like some of us and the team continues to chase it's *ss around in circles...what is the point? I'm not going to boycott the team, but I don't blame people for turning away. What has this franchise given the people of Atlanta or the state of Georgia? The ONE star we had...freaggin' dealt his *ss to the Clippers in arguably our best chance at getting out of the 2nd round of the playoffs. Honestly, it's just as shallow for a franchise to demand support from a fan base, when it has no intention of being serious and getting beyond 2nd round mediocrity.

• Premium Member

Not at all. I think if you follow a team for two or three decades like some of us and the team continues to chase it's *ss around in circles...what is the point? I'm not going to boycott the team, but I don't blame people for turning away. What has this franchise given the people of Atlanta or the state of Georgia? The ONE star we had...freaggin' dealt his *ss to the Clippers in arguably our best chance at getting out of the 2nd round of the playoffs. Honestly, it's just as shallow for a franchise to demand support from a fan base, when it has no intention of being serious and getting beyond 2nd round mediocrity.

X2

It amazes me how much people are complaining when it's not even their money.

Agree with this point.

But would also argue that you shouldn't own a sports franchise if a few $M makes a real difference.

That's like buying a Viper then skimping on the add ons.

What's the point?