• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Question...

Diesel

• Premium Member

No trade here...

However, what would you say if it became possible to get Gilbert Arenas? What do you think about him on-the-court? Could Gilbert, Joe, Smoove, and Horf work?? Is it championship?

You have to think that GA is gone from Washington.. basically for whatever they can get. They have John Wall who looks to be authentic. They got Kirk Hinrich...

He's signed for 3 more years, but he's 28 and he's good...

Do you think he and Joe could take this team anywhere?

No trade here...

However, what would you say if it became possible to get Gilbert Arenas? What do you think about him on-the-court? Could Gilbert, Joe, Smoove, and Horf work?? Is it championship?

You have to think that GA is gone from Washington.. basically for whatever they can get. They have John Wall who looks to be authentic. They got Kirk Hinrich...

• Admin

No trade here...

His contract is extremely horrible...we really handcuff ourselves if we take his contract and Joe's.

I am not a fan of his anyway since he doesn't do a good job of getting others involved and doesn't play a lick of defense. He can score though and in bunches...although he has never met a shot he didn't like. He is basically an undersized shooting guard

• Premium Member

No trade here...

Stupid combination! plus why in heck would you have a back court that makes 40 mil a year and neither is a super star?

• Like 1

No trade here...

Not long ago he was the most explosive and exciting Point in the game. How much is left on his contract?

I really do not think we need another guard. Especially one coming off injury with a huge contract. I really would like to see us sign a serviceable big. Seems like I have been wishing for one for the past 6-7 years and we never do what it takes to get one. :help wanted:

I really do not think we need another guard. Especially one coming off injury with a huge contract. I really would like to see us sign a serviceable big. Seems like I have been wishing for one for the past 6-7 years and we never do what it takes to get one. :help wanted:

That's a joke right? Teague did not impress last week. He is no where near ready to take this team to the next level. Arenas is light years past Teague and Bibs combined

• Premium Member

Stupid combination! plus why in heck would you have a back court that makes 40 mil a year and neither is a super star?

Alright,

Let's delve into the specifics for a moment. GA last year was 22.6 ppg, 7.5 apg on a team with Jamison and Butler. He has already been a really good shooter (41.6% last year). He is strong and can drive the lane very well. He can shoot the three point shot and has a regimen whereby he shoots like 500 a day (it doesn't bring his average up passed 36 but he's still 36% consistently). I have never heard a coach complaining about him.. nor a teammate (other than gungate).

My personal feeling is that guns is something that he's done with and on a contender, he could be great.

Nothing against Teague.... But if we could get GA for Marvin/Bibby/Mo... and also one of Washington's young bigs... I think it's a deal worth doing (IF HE IS HEALTHY). We could take advantage of their want to get rid of him.

His health (knee I think) is my only concern. If he's healthy, I would rather pay him than pay the trio... and let him be our starting PG...

Him plus Joe plus Craw = unstoppable.

• Premium Member

Him plus Joe plus Craw = unstoppable.

Dude, team basketball doesn't work like that! Players have to compliment one another. You can't put 3 gunners on the same team and add their averages up to spit out an expected per game point total. Arenas is not the player the Hawks need. They have plenty of shooters! What they need is a big guy to Rebound and block shots and that's it! Stay Focus please and stop all of these distraction threads.

• Like 2

We need to also remember Gil's still pretty young. If he's healthy and not looking at any jail time, I'd love for us to get him. The poster who said he wasn't a superstar obviously missed him a few seasons ago (his last full-season) where he was great. He's a guy who could legitimately put up 40 points on any given night. He was getting his teamates involved last season before his suspsension. He was averaging more APG than any of our current players did last season. I would still rather see us bring back someone like Al Thornton with Gil so we'd have a true SF if we'd be dealing both Mo and Marvin to Washington for him. I think Al still has enough upside to be a starting caliber SF in the NBA.

I like Agent Zero but would not be willing to take the risk. One more stupid decision by him and he could be banned by Stern. And even if his contract is voided that would mean all players/picks we sent for him would be a complete loss of assets.

He is looking at jail time, D.A. is pushing for 30 to 90 days.

Edited by Buzzard

• Premium Member

Dude, team basketball doesn't work like that! Players have to compliment one another. You can't put 3 gunners on the same team and add their averages up to spit out an expected per game point total. Arenas is not the player the Hawks need. They have plenty of shooters! What they need is a big guy to Rebound and block shots and that's it! Stay Focus please and stop all of these distraction threads.

No, i was thinking about style. GA is a player who will get to the free throw line. Who will drive the lane and open up the game for other players... and who can shoot if called on. I already believe that him plus Joe (whoose real game could be distributor/outside threat) would = deadly. Add in Craw whose game can mimick both and we have a big three of our own...

• Premium Member

We need to also remember Gil's still pretty young. If he's healthy and not looking at any jail time, I'd love for us to get him. The poster who said he wasn't a superstar obviously missed him a few seasons ago (his last full-season) where he was great. He's a guy who could legitimately put up 40 points on any given night. He was getting his teamates involved last season before his suspsension. He was averaging more APG than any of our current players did last season. I would still rather see us bring back someone like Al Thornton with Gil so we'd have a true SF if we'd be dealing both Mo and Marvin to Washington for him. I think Al still has enough upside to be a starting caliber SF in the NBA.

You are right about assists and scoring... but I don't want Thornton back. I think Joe/somebody else will make a perfect combo at SF.

I like Agent Zero but would not be willing to take the risk. One more stupid decision by him and he could be banned by Stern. And even if his contract is voided that would mean all players/picks we sent for him would be a complete loss of assets.

He is looking at jail time, D.A. is pushing for 30 to 90 days.

Quick question. How many bouts with trouble did Gilbert have before gungate?

• Premium Member

Are we speculating what Isaiah Thomas would do if he were running the Hawks?

I don't think I remember Isiah getting rid of dead wood and bringing back a 3 time allstar. Please, correct me if I'm wrong?

Instead of Isiah Thomas, maybe you should consider this is the type of move that the Lakers made when they got Gasol.