• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

No Shaq in ATL = SAD, FAIL!

y2kenta

Do you think it's better that they signed a fat unskilled guy compared to a fat skilled one?

Because make no mistake, Jason Collins has no NBA skils at all. If he wasn't tall and fat he wouldn't be in the NBA. If the Hawks didn't sign him he wouldn't be in the NBA either. You could find high school players that could contribute to this team more than Jason Collins can. he is 300 pounds of nothing but chewed bubble gum. He is a scum of a player. A freeloader and a bum. The towel boy has more reason to step on an NBA court than he does. Collins is one of the wost players to ever play in the NBA. He couldn't even get any run on Minny's terrible team. He can't get any time anywhere. He simply takes up roster spots because he is tall and fat.

But wait . . . he's a great locker room guy. And great locker room guys trump decent talent.

LOL . . as much as I've gone against your opinion over the years, I'm in total agreement with you on this one. Whether people think Shaq is the answer or not, it's better than doing nothing, and it's sure in the hell better than bringing back Jason Collins.

+1 for your post

For me it was never about the basketball part. I want my team to be relevant. I want us to have TNT games instead of NBA TV games. I want us to be the topic in barbershop conversations. I want the high heels to come to the game because we are playing, not because Kobe is. In this town you have to be Good AND Exciting. This team has NO buzz...whatsoever. For the ASG to be Atlanta guys, they have absolutely no idea how we think.

HAHA @ "I want the high heels to come to the game because we are playing, not because Kobe is."

AMEN JOHNNY!!!

That's understanding part of the untapped ATL market . . a market full of mid-level to highly paid professional Black women that are looking to spend their disposable income. Like I said a few weeks back. You bring Shaq to ATL, attendance increases by at least 1,000 a game. And 80% of that increase may have come from that demographic alone.

+1 for you too.

running woody out of town was in upgrade.

personally i didn't see anybody out there that would have been seen as an upgrade for our team, at least not in terms of an outright signing. especially seeing as though no one was looking to sign for the mid-level and that those that were would not be worthy addition to the team. who could we have gotten that was a clear upgrade over joe, josh, or al? this was a thin crop of FA pg's and besides, we pretty much have one in jeff teague coming into his second year of the league (hopefully drew will play him). we could use an upgrade at SF, but for everyone saying that getting joe at 120 was bad getting rudy (who plays even less defense than joe would at SF) would have been worse and we all know that we weren't getting LBJ. when it comes down too it, this was a bad year for FAs in the hawks point of view, we're strong at power forward, and got unarguably the second best SG on the market. now maybe if we can get a trade brewing during the season to upgrade the PG or SF position that would be gravy, but as for the offseason, we really didn't have much to do.

How is it that we didn't have much to do, but other teams over the cap found ways to add players to their roster at MLE or less prices? How do the Lakers go out and get Matt Barnes, even though they have Ron Artest? How do the Celtics go out and get Jermaine O'Neal? Those are your two NBA Finals teams adding quality players for the MLE or less. Both teams didn't even hesitate to add immediate depth to their squad.

There were all kinds of quality players that could've been added to this team for the MLE, The problem, is that our ownership flat out refuses to pay the Luxury Tax. Not even for one year.

It's not about getting somebody that is an upgrade to JJ, Josh, or Al. It's about bringing in people that will HELP them. Jason Collins and Josh Powell wouldn't even help Georgia Tech, let alone the Hawks. But people can keep wishing and praying that it happens if they want to.

If Zaza plays like anything next season, Jason Collins shouldn't even see the floor for more than 5 minutes a game. And Marvin Williams is a better PF than Josh Powell.

• Premium Member

The Mentally of this roster is atrocious and I don't see things improving with LD. Honestly I see chemistry getting worse now that LD has moved from his role of good cop to bad cop. Now that guys aren't running to him complaining about bad cop Woody I wonder what he has to offer. Offense??? IDK seeing as last time I checked he was already in charge of the offense that many described as horrific. So this year all comes down to LD. If we have oursleves a good one, 53 wins should be no problem but if he ends up being a mistake then back to the lottery they go.

Bottom line: I sure hope many of you were correct in thinking that woody was the bottleneck.

Edited by NineOhTheRino