• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

hawks looking to get elson,skinner,or boone

JohnnyCASH

• Admin

Boone is the right choice...solid rebounder, tough, young but experienced and can score some garbage baskets. Way better option then Collins or Randolph not to mention he can play PF too... he might even be better then Powell.

Elson is done and Skinner is a little long in the tooth

There is complaint that Boone is a horrible free throw shooter (and he is) but he does not take enough to impact that game anyway.

• Moderators

I overstate Boone's FT importance often because my mind was singed two years ago, watching a late night Nets-Warriors game on ESPN (don't ask) when Nellie unleashed the Hack-A-Boone strategy. Among the funniest and saddest spectacles I have ever witnessed.

It was unmitigated torture, that one minute felt like 30. The W's weren't waiting for the ball to come to him. They weren't even waiting for the Nets to bring the ball up. And every miss provoked laughter raining down from the GSW stands. I swore I would never watch a Nets game while he was out there. When it's Shaq I could understand. But Josh Boone?

http://articles.sfgate.com/2008-01-25/sports/17149338_1_nets-golden-state-new-jersey

This time they tried to have the Nets do themselves in from the foul line.

Rarely-used rookie Belinelli made a surprise entrance in the third quarter for the sole purpose of fouling Nets center Josh Boone - a 34 percent foul shooter - four times over the next minute.

The Nets center promptly airballed his first free-throw attempt before missing his second. He went 4-for-8 as Belinelli fouled him four times in 57 seconds.

Boone finished 7-for-15 from the line for the game.

Thankfully, it didn't work, so it didn't catch on...

The Warriors were up 72-71 when the hacking began and trailed 90-82 to enter the fourth.

...and Boone hasn't had to take more than 8 free throws in the two seasons' since. So it's not going to be a big deal as long as his minutes are Randolph Morris-low. And if Josh Powell counts as a 'veteran' in Sund's mind, why not Josh Boone?

But if anybody starts hacking away while he's on the floor again, I might have to go fetch some antacids.

~lw3

This is probably a dumb question but if it came down to Josh Boone or Garret Siler who would you take? I am guessing the safe answer would be Boone since he does have some NBA experience but Siler always seemed to an interesting option for the Hawks.

• Admin

This is probably a dumb question but if it came down to Josh Boone or Garret Siler who would you take? I am guessing the safe answer would be Boone since he does have some NBA experience but Siler always seemed to an interesting option for the Hawks.

Boone no question. I know Silar is from the Georgia area but he is not NBA material. He will not make it in this league, he is a big body but that is it. He even struggled in summer league. I would consider Randolph before Silar.

Boone no question. I know Silar is from the Georgia area but he is not NBA material. He will not make it in this league, he is a big body but that is it. He even struggled in summer league. I would consider Randolph before Silar.

Thanks for answering my question. So, can you tell me if you think the Hawks are serious about trying to sign Boone or do you think there is another Center the Hawks should sign as a FA or try to make a trade for? Right now in my very limited NBA knowledge my opinion is that Boone sounds like the best FA Center available so hopefully they will be able to sign him.

Skinner played in like 15 games last year. Was he injured or just flat out done?

Kaman and Jordan ate up all the minutes at center.

Skinner may be done.........I'd like to see what kind of shape he is in though. Unlike Boon or Elson, Skinner can bang in the paint with the big boys.

I personally don't think you belong in the NBA if you shoot 34% from the FT line with below average game, like Boone.

Is Rasho Nesterovic healthy and/or available? I am not sure how old he is or what he has done the past few seasons, but if he was a decent defender and would be an upgrade over Collins and possibly Zaza if capable of playing to the level he played at a few seasons ago.

• Moderators

Is Rasho Nesterovic healthy and/or available? I am not sure how old he is or what he has done the past few seasons, but if he was a decent defender and would be an upgrade over Collins and possibly Zaza if capable of playing to the level he played at a few seasons ago.

Rasho's taking Josh's spot...

http://www.examiner.com/x-52130-NBA-Draft-Examiner~y2010m7d31-Rasho-Nesterovic-signs-with-Olympiacos

~lw3