• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Horford to play more PF next season

TheNorthCydeRises

• Premium Member

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/08/theres-a-logjam-in-atlanta-and-somethings-got-to-give.php

Unless we hear differently, I don't envision the Hawks "elevating" Zaza to a starter spot.

~lw3

The guy in that article is a moron.

Al Horford is often talked about as undersized at center. He's 6-10, but built like a power-forward, with long arms, great athleticism, and not so wide of a base like so many 5's.

Not so wide of a base? Who the hell is he looking at??

It's not necessarily a bad thing, having two terrific players (both of whom should have been All-Stars, had the world not spontaneously thought Chris Kaman meant more to the Clippers for an abject failure of a team than the most important player on what ended up being the three-seed) at the same position.

Uh...he does realize that the Hawks and Clippers play in different conferences, right?

Edited by niremetal
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

The only way this works if we trade Smoove for a center or SF. There is no way Smoove can play the three for extended minutes. He has no range outside ten feet from the basket. If Drew thinks Al at PF and Smoove at SF is going to get it done he's outta his head.

The only way this works if we trade Smoove for a center or SF. There is no way Smoove can play the three for extended minutes. He has no range outside ten feet from the basket. If Drew thinks Al at PF and Smoove at SF is going to get it done he's outta his head.

Smoove can play the 3. Because you are at the 3 doesn't mean you have to shoot 3's. Smoove may be the best passer on the team, which is important for a 3 guy. A 3 that can slash and pass and rebound is a good thing. Smoove just needs to shoot up to 18 or so or even an open three. He can play the 3 cause massive matchup problems.

Edited by Swatguy
  • Like 1

So much for the theory Al is one of the best centers then why move him to power forward off and on? The better teams will lick their chops going against Zaza.He is to slow and won't get his shot off against bigger centers. The one thing the Pistons could do is play defense the Hawks can't.

To bad we didn't go after Shaq thanks ASG. Expect a few in your face dunks with the Celtics going against the Hawks. I hope we some how do beat the better teams with Drew's new age offensive philosphy however where was it when he was during Woodson's realm. Sounds like a policitian talking out his %!$%$utt. I hope we all are not screaming during the playoffs if Drew's new offensive scheme doesn't work.

This means ZaZa will play more and that's not a good thing. ZaZa is clumsy, slow and has no game. I'd rather play Al at the 5 and continue to play Marvin rather than put Marvin on the bench for ZaZa.

If Zaza is clumsy what is Marvin?

• Moderators

I'm less concerned with zaza at the 5 than smoove at the 3. Smoove is 10x the player which puts in perspective my concern about how smith at the 3 limits floor spacing. This is only exacerbated by us not having an elite pg.

Why pick just one? I am concerned about both Zaza starting and Smoove at the 3 if Horford is playing primarily PF.