• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

This Carmelo stuff is distracting. But we can still get

Swatguy

Giving up Josh gives me the heebee geebee's. I say move towards getting Arenas. Marvin, Bibby and Mo for Arenas. We replace Mo with Sy (a real defender), wait on Dampier and go to battle.

Arenas

Jamal

Joe

Josh

Al

Teague

Jordan

Sy

Powell

Dampier/Zaza

Dampier will help against Dwight. But we may still need to out score Orlando's gunners. Gilbert, Jamal and Joe should more than keep us in the game (every game) as Josh and Al turn the tide.

Being snubbed last February may propell Josh to completeness. We replace Marvin with Gilbert and our lineup goes to 5 potential all-stars.

I say let's get what we can and keep the real core intact.

There are few players in the league that I dislike more then Arenas........in fact there are none. Plus he has not played well in may years now.

It would make for one heck of a video game team but that is about it.

Edited by coachx

• Admin

There are few players in the league that I dislike more then Arenas........in fact there are none. Plus he has not played well in may years now.

It would make for one heck of a video game team but that is about it.

GIlbert is a terrible point guard. He is a me first scorer. He can score but that is all he does and he shoots really bad shots. He does not play defense, he is undersized for the sg position (and we already have Joe) and he probably has the worst contract in basketball.

He is also a locker room problem and often injured.

I don't think we even consider this guy for our roster

• Like 1

Last season: 22.6 Pts. 7.2 Assist 4.2 reb. 1.3 steals

Plenty of people could score 22 ppg if they were allowed to shoot 41% by their coach. He is a chucker that can't really defend either guard position well. He is now destined to be a 6th man if a winning team wants his childish personality in their locker room.

09-10 - 32 games played - 41 % shooting

08-09 - 2 games played - 26% shooting

07-08 - 13 games played - 39 % shooting

Plenty of people could score 22 ppg if they were allowed to shoot 41% by their coach. He is a chucker that can't really defend either guard position well. He is now destined to be a 6th man if a winning team wants his childish personality in their locker room.

His fg% are lowered because of his 3pt shooting. You see he shoots 34% from the three(which is like 51% to 2pt shots) and 43% on 2pt. shots. Plus he gets to the FT line 6-7 times a game with 7+ assist.

I wouldn't do this deal anyway but the reason why it will never happen. $$$

Tell that to the Magic. They play like they have three balls. Teague can't shoot, pass or lead this team. He can run and jump though (ugh). Jamal at presence is the best PG we have. Gilbert is worth consideration without a doubt.

Yes, the Magic play like they have three balls with their 1 in 4 out offense, thank you sir for pointing that out to me.

• Admin

Why on Gods green earth would the Wizards trade Gilbert Arenas(their superstar) for Marvin, Bibby, and Mo, Why? They don't need more guards and they don't need more small forwards. Think before you suggest,

They have Wall and would love to get out of Gilbert's contract. They would trade him for anything to get out of his contract and the headache he has caused the organization. I am shocked they did not release him last year when they had the chance. No one in the league wants him and the price tag he comes with

• Like 1

• Moderators

This against his contract should be enough for anyone. Any team in the league can still get Gilbert Arenas if they are willing to take on his unproductive mess of a career.

As for the "he is a really good shooter whose FG% is lowered because of his great and prolific 3pt shooting" let's look at the more meaningful advanced metric:

09-10 .511 TS%

08-09 .433 TS%

07-08 .529 TS%

Now let's look at a true master of efficient scoring...T.J. Ford:

09-10 .507 TS%

08-09 .533 TS%

07-08 .533 TS%

Why do you want a volume scorer with bad injuries, a bad attitude, who plays no defense, and who can't score as efficiently as TJ Ford?

• Like 2

Tell that to the Magic. They play like they have three balls. Teague can't shoot, pass or lead this team. He can run and jump though (ugh). Jamal at presence is the best PG we have. Gilbert is worth consideration without a doubt.

how do you know what teague can do! damn let the man play then judge!.....s*** plus +1 to myself!

• Like 2

This thread has been bveaten to death. Give it up swat

Just don't believe we have to settle with what we got.

Some here just dont want a better team. Dont want "Melo, don't want Gilbert, didn't want Shaq, just what a better team. Hoping Teague is the answer is really a push. Hoping Marvin will be better than average. Hoping LD is Phil Jackson. In this case Gilbert is light years ahead of Teague and more game than Bibs.

Edited by Swatguy

Some here just dont want a better team. Dont want "Melo, don't want Gilbert, didn't want Shaq, just what a better team. Hoping Teague is the answer is really a push. Hoping Marvin will be better than average. Hoping LD is Phil Jackson. In this case Gilbert is light years ahead of Teague and more game than Bibs.

I agree with what your saying and see where you are coming from with wanting to get better! but man arenas is not the answer, now melo a young all-star stud you have to pull that trigger. he instantly makes us better. where arenas you dont know what your really getting i mean the man aint played for real for real in 2-3 years, he causes trouble and on top he's injury prone. Arenas = to BIG of Risk

• Moderators

I agree with going after Carmelo Anthong, Chris Paul, and other players who have been said to be available this summer who would add value to the team over the existing roster. Gilbert Arenas isn't that player:

09-10 - 32 games played - 41 % shooting, .511 TS%

08-09 - 2 games played - 26% shooting, .433 TS%

07-08 - 13 games played - 39 % shooting, .529 TS%

[Comparison to the offensively challenged TJ Ford:

09-10 .507 TS%

08-09 .533 TS%

07-08 .533 TS%]

Gilbert Arenas Guaranteed Salary:

2010 $17,730,694

2011 $19,269,307

2012 $20,807,921

2013 $22,346,535