• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Crawford wants to be a Hawk....

Diesel

• Premium Member

Jamal Crawford wants a contract extension from the Hawks, but the Boston Globe is reporting that the guard won't request a trade from Atlanta.

"Crawford has not publicly demanded a trade, and he won’t, but he has made it clear in talking to the Globe that an extension would be appreciated," Gary Washburn of the Boston Globe wrote on Sunday.

"All I wanted to do growing up is be in the NBA," Crawford told Washburn.

"If I am in the NBA, I am fine. I feel like I have a lot of basketball left. I can play at a high level for a long time. The best is yet to come for me."

Read more: http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/68986/20100905/crawford_wont_request_trade/#ixzz0yhPo2zta

• Like 2

I always liked and appreciated Crawford since he became a Hawk and I would be very excited to see him remain a Hawk! I think he brings a lot of spark , energy and outside shooting to the Hawks but I am afraid that Joe Johnson's contract is going to make it difficult for the Hawks to re-sign Crawford (especially since the Hawks have to re-sign Al Horford) and anyone else for that matter! If the Hawks could keep Crawford and re-sign Horford I think that would be great news for the Hawks.

Crawford tried but the market for him with an extension would be tough especially if the asking price is too high.

• Moderators

...And I damn sure want him here as our primary scoring option.

His history as a primary scorer is that of an inefficient scorer with problems on the defensive end. He is much better suited for the role he had last year where he is not the primary focus of the defense.

His history as a primary scorer is that of an inefficient scorer with problems on the defensive end. He is much better suited for the role he had last year where he is not the primary focus of the defense.

Yeah, he's great coming in and scoring all the points for our bench but in no way is he a primary scorer for ANY winning team.

Unless we get Melo for Craw (and obviously others) I would not trade him.

Well of course Frank....it would only be logical that we would need Carmelo Anthony (and others)

to get Craw away from us. I'm sure Denver has been "biting at the bit" to trade away their all-star for an aging 6th man.

Nice insight!

Hogwash...Hogwash...and more Hogwash. Craw wants guarranteed $$ NOW. We want him as our trade deadline ace in the hole to get a quality big from a team that has multiples.

Simple as that. :kickcan:

I keep asking, what qualitybig you guys believe is available? What team has a big to trade? ou speak of multiples, who is that? GS says they will keep Biedrins. maybe chandler will be available but I doubt it. Cuban dont need the expiring.

I say sign him. Trade Marvin or some other disappointment(Joe).

Hogwash...Hogwash...and more Hogwash. Craw wants guarranteed $$ NOW. We want him as our trade deadline ace in the hole to get a quality big from a team that has multiples.

Simple as that. :kickcan:

Whats hogwash is that some of you think quality bigs are available . Why dont you roll out this list of quality bigs that are gonna be available ? Brad Miller ?Dalembert ? jermaine Oneal ? lol man the entire scenario screams pipe dream .

Crawford isnt an ace in a hole trading him for a big is like putting lipstick on a pig . We would simply be glossing over the actual problem as usual.

• Moderators

Whats hogwash is that some of you think quality bigs are available . Why dont you roll out this list of quality bigs that are gonna be available ? Brad Miller ?Dalembert ? jermaine Oneal ? lol man the entire scenario screams pipe dream .

Crawford isnt an ace in a hole trading him for a big is like putting lipstick on a pig . We would simply be glossing over the actual problem as usual.

Last season the Rockets got Kevin Martin for an expiring Tracy McGrady. There is value to keeping our options open unless we think that we can't sign Crawford after this season for whatever it would cost to sign him now. By waiting, we get:

* To see if last year's huge improvement in efficiency is for real

* To have Crawford as a viable trade option (unlike signing him to the deal he wants now)

* To have the benefit of a more favorable CBA in place before he is signed

We risk:

* A team signing Crawford for an amount we won't top or raising the price on him above what he is looking for now

It is an easy choice to wait and resign Crawford after this season if we still think that is the right move at that point. I don't think his price is going up from where it is now.