• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Atlanta Dream

Wurider05

Drat and double drat.

The Dream just lost the first game. Tied with about 20 seconds remaining, Seattle

scored with 2.9 seconds left. Angel missed a 3 at the buzzer.

Better luck next time.

GO DREAM!!!

:sobbing:

• Like 1

• Moderators

Bloodied yet unbowed!

Great Game 1 for the Dream! You can tell the Storm are not used to getting pushed that hard in their own house, they haven't lost at Key Arena in over a year. Despite bringing their A-game, they needed Sue Bird's heroics in the closing seconds for the second straight playoff game. Everytime the Storm thought they could pull away with threes, the Dream used turnovers and tempo to get right back in it. How about Izi's three at the halftime buzzer to tie it up?

The Dream had the chance to pull off the upset at the buzzer despite missing Angel Mac for the whole second quarter and part of the second half. Angel came back after getting stitched up following a headbutt and continued making big buckets, and Izi's aggressiveness kept the Storm defense honest. A great team effort and learning experience going into Game 2.

GO DREAM!

~lw3

• Like 1

Since GM has been hyping these girls up so much, I decided to watch most of the second half of that game. Although the WNBA will never be all that interesting to me, that was one heck of a game. The Dream don't quit man. Seattle hasn't lost at home all year, and had it not been for a clutch jumper from Sue Bird to give them a 2 point lead with seconds to go, the Dream would have no doubt marched down the floor and won it. Already being down 0-1 in such a short series (best of 5) and Seattle having home court (best record at home), it will be tough for these ladies to pull out the series. But if they continue to play like they did yesterday, they might just have a chance.

• Like 1

Since GM has been hyping these girls up so much, I decided to watch most of the second half of that game. Although the WNBA will never be all that interesting to me, that was one heck of a game. The Dream don't quit man. Seattle hasn't lost at home all year, and had it not been for a clutch jumper from Sue Bird to give them a 2 point lead with seconds to go, the Dream would have no doubt marched down the floor and won it. Already being down 0-1 in such a short series (best of 5) and Seattle having home court (best record at home), it will be tough for these ladies to pull out the series. But if they continue to play like they did yesterday, they might just have a chance.

Honestly, after watching a season of the Isolation Joe offense and standing around of the others watching like spectators, the Dream is a breath of fresh air. They are very aggressive and don't mind attacking the basket and taking hard hits. Like you said, they don't quit, even if they are 30 points down.

This weekend has just been pure hell for Atl sports. I want the Dream to win this title otherwise I will just view them as another Atl team choking. I am not interested in the nice try here.

Wouldn't call it choking. They're the clear underdog coming into the series. Seattle has homecourt advantage and that's huge for them considering they are undefeated at home.

• Moderators

Another one ohhh, so close!

The Storm were fantastic in "shutting out," as best they could, Angel Mac (still squeezed out 21 points, but the lion's share of FGs were at the closing seconds of each half). The Dream's interior players was solid in rebounding but didn't help enough offensively to offset Angel's poor shooting night (was 5-for-21 and 0-for-6 in the second half at one point). They have to get Sancho and Erika more touches when Angel can't drive to the rim and her outside jumpers aren't falling.

The Dream were not going to their bread-and-butter fast breaking off of opponents' missed shots and steals until the Storm pushed the game out of reach with just minutes to go. Despite nearly getting her nose re-broken early, Izi was about the only noticeable offensive threat, but she struggled with foul trouble and fouled out in the final minute-and-a-half. Delayed fouling (Woodsonian clock management?) took some valuable seconds off the clock in the closing minutes when they could have otherwise been in a position to tie or win.

Hopefully they'll get some rest on the long flight back and return to focused, smart, winning basketball before a packed Game 3 crowd Thursday night!

GO DREAM!

Edited by lethalweapon3

Yeah, I think choking is when you are supposed to win and lose instead, or maybe when you lose by margins of historical proportions. In this case, they are 5 points worse than the Storm in Seattle. Too bad that equates to 2 games. One things is for sure - the Storm know that they have been in a series. I'm going tonight and hope for the best.

Damnit man

Angel is still the female Kobe and I ain't seen Phillips that packed all season for the Hawks or Dream.

Edited by nbasuperstar40