• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

No project at point.

Swatguy

Start Jamal at point. He is the critical forth quarter point anyway, start him there too. Develop the bench but we will need "all hands on deck" starting against the new lineups in the East. We wish Joe to be alpha, we want Marvin to assert, we know Jamal has dog in him. He should run this team and with his fortitude he can lead.

Hmmm...that might not work just due to the fact that Jamal is more of a shooting guard. I just think of when the Knicks and Warriors tried that with Jamal and it certainly didn't benefit the team as far as W's and L's. I think his perfect role is to come off the bench as our scoring machine.

GO HAWKSSSS!!!!

ps Or we could just ship his a$$ to Denver in a large package for Melo..... :newspaper: :kickcan:

• Admin

Start Jamal at point. He is the critical forth quarter point anyway, start him there too. Develop the bench but we will need "all hands on deck" starting against the new lineups in the East. We wish Joe to be alpha, we want Marvin to assert, we know Jamal has dog in him. He should run this team and with his fortitude he can lead.

One of the keys to Jamal's success was that he would come in and change the game flow. Jamal is not really a pg either. He is a hybrd like Joe.

One of the keys to Jamal's success was that he would come in and change the game flow. Jamal is not really a pg either. He is a hybrd like Joe.

The thing is Cap, as a "hybrid" or kinda like PG he is better than anyone else on the roster as a PG. Gotta go with your best. The Minutes shall flow as they will but, play the best and allow them to gel for the highest good.

I take the opposite approach.

Let Crawford do what he does best ! Score the rock and give the team a scoring an instant scoring puch. Whenever JJ needs a break, Crawford is the #1 offensive option and our offensive production goes vurtually unchanged. Hopefully JJ gets a solid quarters worth of rest to give him 36 minuntes a night. We don't need Crawford's game falling off b/c he is worried about being the PG and running a brand new offense. Crawford is at his best when he is an agressive scoring mode. Lets keep in his comfort zone.

For this team to take the next step its needs a PG who can defend the position. Teague is the only guy on the team who has the natural ability to be that guy. I'm willing to take some growing pains and mistakes while Teague grows up.

Edited by coachx
  • Like 1

. We don't need Crawford's game falling off b/c he is worried about being the PG and running a brand new offense. Crawford is at his best when he is an agressive scoring mode. Lets keep in his comfort zone.

For this team to take the next step its needs a PG who can defend the position. Teague is the only guy on the team who has the natural ability to be that guy. I'm willing to take some growing pains and mistakes while Teague grows up.

Jamal is a baller and is at best doing that. I doubt if he has any worries about running the show, any. It is why he gets the rock. So until Jeff (or someone else) is ready, let him learn without pressure. I'm sure Jeff has more worries than Jamal.

Let Crawford do what he does best ! Score the rock and give the team a scoring an instant scoring puch. Whenever JJ needs a break, Crawford is the #1 offensive option and our offensive production goes vurtually unchanged. Hopefully JJ gets a solid quarters worth of rest to give him 36 minuntes a night. We don't need Crawford's game falling off b/c he is worried about being the PG and running a brand new offense....

Bingo coachx....we HAVE a starting PG and his name is Mike Bibby...we would like to have CP3 or Deron but BK didn't draft well.

No matter...we still have a starting PG in Mike Bibby. I don't know if we have a second string PG who is worth a darn but we do have a starter.:kickcan:

P.S. - honestly -we really need a veteran PG as a backup to Bibby (just in case)

Edited by DJlaysitup

I agree with the others that say Crawford should remain in his 6th man role. It is perfectly suited for what he does and how he does it.

I have to disagree that the Hawks have a NBA starting-caliber pg. Bibby seems to be done. He was never a good defender with the Kings and now he's just awful. I like Mike, but his days as a starter appear to be over.

Teague, I just don't get the feel that he's anything more than a good back-up. He seems to still be thinking way too much on the court and not trusting in the offense or his abilities. PGs have to be fearless and strong headed individuals.

Ultimately, PG is the weakest part of the team right now. Hopefully that can be corrected in the near future.

I agree with the others that say Crawford should remain in his 6th man role. It is perfectly suited for what he does and how he does it.

I have to disagree that the Hawks have a NBA starting-caliber pg. Bibby seems to be done. He was never a good defender with the Kings and now he's just awful. I like Mike, but his days as a starter appear to be over.

Teague, I just don't get the feel that he's anything more than a good back-up. He seems to still be thinking way too much on the court and not trusting in the offense or his abilities. PGs have to be fearless and strong headed individuals.

Ultimately, PG is the weakest part of the team right now. Hopefully that can be corrected in the near future.

Hmmm....

So, you say Bibby is not "starter caliber" and Teague is "a good back-up", but you want Jamal to remain "in his 6th man role". Clearly Jamal is the best option on this roster. In fact, he is the 4th quarter point guard anyway. Bibby will thrive as a SG coming off the bench. If Bibby is on the perimeter shooting jumpers he'd average 12-14 a game now. LD is challenged to maximize this roster and roles shall change. Projects are for teams on the rise, This team is to take the next step. Do you suppose Phil had/has thoughts about using Fisher as "the 6th man" since he has /had Farmar? No. It is the same scenario.

Hmmm....

So, you say Bibby is not "starter caliber" and Teague is "a good back-up", but you want Jamal to remain "in his 6th man role". Clearly Jamal is the best option on this roster. In fact, he is the 4th quarter point guard anyway. Bibby will thrive as a SG coming off the bench. If Bibby is on the perimeter shooting jumpers he'd average 12-14 a game now. LD is challenged to maximize this roster and roles shall change. Projects are for teams on the rise, This team is to take the next step. Do you suppose Phil had/has thoughts about using Fisher as "the 6th man" since he has /had Farmar? No. It is the same scenario.

LA was looking for an upgrade at PG all season. When Fisher was younger he also played very good defense. None of the current Hawks PGs are good defensive PGs. The reason you keep Crawford at 6th man is pretty much described in other posts in this thread. He is ideally suited to come in and score. This allows a starter to start getting some rest with no drop off in scoring. If you start Crawford, you have nothing to come in and score off the bench. Bibby's utility is as a spot up shooter, he can't create his own shot. Teague's offense is raw at best. The rest of the bench scores of opportunities created by others. I suppose JC II might be able to create his own shot, but that is a complete unknown right now.

By starting Bibby (as is the best option now), the Hawks are able to bring Crawford in while JJ gets some rest. Getting JJ rest is part of the equation. We've all seen what a rested JJ looks like. And we've all seen what a worn out JJ looks like. The difference is large enough that Drew needs to make sure JJ plays lighter minutes at least over the first half of the season. Crawford as 6th man allows this to happen. Crawford as the starter doesn't allow this to happen.

Lastly, though Crawford played PG in the 4th last year, it doesn't mean that was the correct way to go :)

Again, the best solution for this club is to go and find a true drive and dish PG, who can play some darn defense. Until that is solved, the Hawks will be stuck where they are (5 or 4 seed in the East).

• Like 1

LA was looking for an upgrade at PG all season. When Fisher was younger he also played very good defense. None of the current Hawks PGs are good defensive PGs. The reason you keep Crawford at 6th man is pretty much described in other posts in this thread. He is ideally suited to come in and score. This allows a starter to start getting some rest with no drop off in scoring. If you start Crawford, you have nothing to come in and score off the bench. Bibby's utility is as a spot up shooter, he can't create his own shot. Teague's offense is raw at best. The rest of the bench scores of opportunities created by others. I suppose JC II might be able to create his own shot, but that is a complete unknown right now.

By starting Bibby (as is the best option now), the Hawks are able to bring Crawford in while JJ gets some rest. Getting JJ rest is part of the equation. We've all seen what a rested JJ looks like. And we've all seen what a worn out JJ looks like. The difference is large enough that Drew needs to make sure JJ plays lighter minutes at least over the first half of the season. Crawford as 6th man allows this to happen. Crawford as the starter doesn't allow this to happen.

Lastly, though Crawford played PG in the 4th last year, it doesn't mean that was the correct way to go :)

Again, the best solution for this club is to go and find a true drive and dish PG, who can play some darn defense. Until that is solved, the Hawks will be stuck where they are (5 or 4 seed in the East).

Good points.

I do agree with your last point. Having that drive and dish guy is ideal. I just do not think Teague is the one, at least now. I do remember when Rondo came in the league and he had to sit in critical times until he was ready. So LD will need to pull him out of the fire some for the sake of not sliding to the 5th seed or higher.

Jamal was near flawless in his role last year. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. As far as what we have at point, it's depressing to say the least: A very heady ball movement manager in Bibby, a quality that nowhere near makes up for his AAU defensive skills, and Teague, while a quick and fearless guy, has absolutely no jumper, fouls way too much, and is one of the worst rim finishers I've seen in a while since Joe Johnson. French Pape? Ha!