• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Heat won't offer Dempier contract

jerrywest

• Premium Member

No. We have enough middling backup big men on the roster, and we'd be royally screwed if we have a rash of injuries at forward or guard midseason but can't sign any replacements because all 15 roster spots are filled.

Edited by niremetal

I rather stick to what we have. Damp sucks.

I have to believe that Dampier would be an improvement over one (if not all) of the Centers the Hawks currently have on the roster (but, I could be Wrong!)! From what I have read about Dampier the Hawks would probably get more Offense out of Dampier than they will their other Centers but I think he would also give more of a challenge to the Dwight Howard's (NOT Stop but hopefully Slow Down) of the League. Seems to me he might have some health issues but personally I hope the Hawks do attempt to sign him! I keep reading that the Hawks have been looking for ways to get another BIG on their team and this seems to be their opportunity. No, Dampier is not Howard or Shaq (Younger version) but he is probably going to be the best they can do (at least at this time)!

I have to believe that Dampier would be an improvement over one (if not all) of the Centers the Hawks currently have on the roster (but, I could be Wrong!)! From what I have read about Dampier the Hawks would probably get more Offense out of Dampier than they will their other Centers but I think he would also give more of a challenge to the Dwight Howard's (NOT Stop but hopefully Slow Down) of the League. Seems to me he might have some health issues but personally I hope the Hawks do attempt to sign him! I keep reading that the Hawks have been looking for ways to get another BIG on their team and this seems to be their opportunity. No, Dampier is not Howard or Shaq (Younger version) but he is probably going to be the best they can do (at least at this time)!

Too bad that big is on the decline. But I agree with you. Dampier is one of those center that Hordford was refering to... the one where he can slide to the 4th spot for most plays without a dropoff in production. However, the Hawks did say that their roster is complete for training camp and no further addition will be made. Dampier will most likely sign with Rockets.

Edited by Playa