• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

CMON HAWKS FANS!

Marvin24Williams

We beat the heat and it was good to see Bibby perform in the clutch and Marvin hit the 3. Anyway, how can we let that obnoxious heat fan yell "lets go heat!" and spit nonsense to our players in our ARENA? I was expecting atleast a "LETS GO HAWKS!" in retaliation to shut up that fan. I hope our arena gets crowded come regular season!

We beat the heat and it was good to see Bibby perform in the clutch and Marvin hit the 3. Anyway, how can we let that obnoxious heat fan yell "lets go heat!" and spit nonsense to our players in our ARENA? I was expecting atleast a "LETS GO HAWKS!" in retaliation to shut up that fan. I hope our arena gets crowded come regular season!

Ha that fan/kid was really annoying. Especially on all our free throws. But I'm glad to see the Hawks take the challenge tonight and come out with the win. Hopefully they can keep that type of effort up for all 82+ games. The offense looked way better, especially in the closing minutes where we actually ran some plays other than ISO. Josh Smith's 3 was a buzz kill, but other than that it was a great victory to turn our preseason around. If Bibby can hit jumpers like that, like the Bibby of the Kings days, then that will be huge for us. He was definitely feeling it tonight, although he had arroyo on him mostly who doesn't pose as much of a threat as other guards on offense/or defense. Good job nonetheless. Go Hawks!

I'm ready for opening night, section 120.

I didn't get to follow the game as it was played but I went to ESPN to get the score and I read the article. I had a stupid grin on my face when I saw the score and had an even bigger grin on my face when I read this excerpt:

"Many in the crowd apparently showed up to boo James. He was booed in pregame introductions, the first time he touched the ball and again after his first rebound. There were even louder boos when he re-entered the game after a rest."

• Moderators

I didn't get to follow the game as it was played but I went to ESPN to get the score and I read the article. I had a stupid grin on my face when I saw the score and had an even bigger grin on my face when I read this excerpt:

"Many in the crowd apparently showed up to boo James. He was booed in pregame introductions, the first time he touched the ball and again after his first rebound. There were even louder boos when he re-entered the game after a rest."

Really? I missed the first half. That's awesome. Way to go Hawks fans. The guy needs to be taken down a few dozen notches. I realize he's a great player but its annoying that he seems to have a different set of rules. The guy is an offensive foul machine.

• Admin

If this game was played in Miami we wouldve lost this game by 70 points.

No we really wouldn't. One it is preseason. Two...we do have a good team, Three...although Miami has 'Bron, Bosh and Wade...their supporting cast is really weak. Miller and Haslem are good but the rest of their bench is pretty bad and they have the worst starting center and point guard in the league.

• Moderators

No we really wouldn't. One it is preseason. Two...we do have a good team, Three...although Miami has 'Bron, Bosh and Wade...their supporting cast is really weak. Miller and Haslem are good but the rest of their bench is pretty bad and they have the worst starting center and point guard in the league.

I"m definitely more intimidated by Orlando than the Heat at this point. I think the Heat are going to need some team to figure out an identity. To me its not about is it Wade's team or Lebron's. Is it Spolestra/Riley's or Lebron's?

• Premium Member

Do you guys think that this years Heat team will be better than the Cleveland's team that won 60 + games in back to back seasons? I know Wade didn't play last night, but they didn't look too impressive. Spoelstra is a crap coach and I'm not sure how effective Wade or Lebron are off the ball. I'm sure they will get their wins but I don't think they win 60+ games this year. Maybe Lebron leaving Cleveland (team that was built around him to play defense) was a good thing for us??

I was a first year Atlanta Hawks fan and season holder last year (after all, since I moved to the city and will be here for awhile; why not support the Hawks.) I was so disappointed in the atmosphere, especially in the lower bowl. The fans didn't clap, didn't cheer or anything. That's just sat there as if we were at the opera. I screamed "LET'S GE HAWKS!!!" to the top of my lungs, but most people in my section just sat like they were not at a sporting event. Honestly, the atmospere at a high school games is more exciting than the Arena. When I go to a basketball, I want to have fun.

Is section 120 loud? My season pass section 115 from last year was pretty boring. I want to be in a section where the fans are cheering.