• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Jordan Crawford?

Outlaw

He's a rookie and it's our first game of the year... You can't honestly expect him to get minutes like John Wall or Blake Griffin are. Like capstone said, he's a ways back in the rotation right now.

Ooops. I meant to give you a +1 but did -1. People have to remember this is a hawks tram that has made the playoffs 3 straight years. Earning PT is not easy.

• Premium Member

I agree. JC2 is still a rookie at a spot that's a position of strength for the team right now. i'd LOVE to see him get some meaningful minutes, and I feel that he will as the season progresses, but I understand why he's not going to play much to start out. And as much as I like JC2's game, I don't want to see Jamal Crawford or any other rotational player moved just so he can get minutes. But with Jamal's situation being what it is, I wouldn't be surprised if JC2 gets a ton of time after the trade deadline. He just needs to be patient.

• Admin

We drafted him because our starting and backup SG position were a question mark at the time.

Our backup sg is still a question mark. We do not know what Jamal's future with the team is. JC2 is not expected to have an immediate impact and he won't be. He however, will be a longterm solution. Preseason does not make you NBA ready but it shows that he does have promise.

We have a log jam at the 1 and 2 and not enough quality bigs which begs the question....

Why'd we draft JC2 again?

There is an old addage in football that you draft for 3 years out. In the NBA, I think you have to take a similar approach, esp with later picks. Draft for 1 or 2 years down the road. JC2 was drafted to eventaully take over for JC1, whether that is in February or over the offseason remains to be seen.

Any chance he sees more time with Evans being hurt?

I'm hoping so. Even if for small stretches... Because the guy is a baller, and I think seeing if he can do it somewhat consistently against NBA talent will help management decide if we CAN deal Jamal this year.

• Premium Member

Any chance he sees more time with Evans being hurt?

No doubt. I know Drew has been trying to calm him down a bit, but I think this is a perfect opportunity to see what this kid can do with the second unit. He's itching to play so I say let him play. I think if he makes one or two plays/shots in a row, leave him in as he seems to catch fire quickly and easily. If he screws up too much, pull him. Either way, there's nothing to lose in giving him a look. :conversation: