• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Powell

Dsinner

Anybody else surprised with this guy? I knew he was a decent defender and average rebounder but had no idea he had a jumper and some post moves. I thought Etan would have played a bigger role with us.

Yeah he looks really good. The jumper is what has surprised me the most. He also has a lot of confidence in himself with taking his shots. If he keeps making them, i'm all for it. On another note, he might show even less emotion than Joe Johnson????

When Powell first joined the Lakers, this was his game when they won the first championship, he had that reliable jump shot. He didn't play much last year, I think after Artest joined and his jump shot suffered. Actually, he had a bad year last year with LA comparred to the year before...So far, so good, I like what he is giving us.

• Premium Member

Yeah...

At the very least, this guy is a better than decent backup big. What a pick up. Just a decent pick up all around...

How many years did we sign him for ?

Think it was a 1yr league minimum deal...help%20wanted.gif

Powell is giving us this year what we were hoping to get from Joe Smith last year (formidable jump shot, some rebounding, a seasoned vet, and some defense).

Yeah..concerning Joe Smith...I remember hearing an interview on 790 last year and even though the announcers were sucking up and making out like he could really bring something to the team, you could tell from his answers that he was basically just going to practices and cashing checks. Can't blame him - a couple million for riding the pine. He had a few decent games (for four-five minute spurts)...but he was basically useless.

Edited by DJlaysitup

Anybody else surprised with this guy? I knew he was a decent defender and average rebounder but had no idea he had a jumper and some post moves. I thought Etan would have played a bigger role with us.

I am surprised after watching him with a very limited role with the Lakers. What is apparent is that Larry Drew seems to effectively use a 9 to 10 man rotation. I think that will pay dividends particularly when the Hawks enter the playoffs.