• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who likes the Falcons' chances tomorrow?

CBAreject

I agree if it's an away game but the Falcons play very good at home. I haven't seen Ravens play so I don't know how good they are. I'm not buying into the hype that Falcons are the best team in the NFC though. They haven't beaten anyone without getting lucky yet. If they beat the Ravens though, then that may change.

Edited by Playa

White and McClure are listed as "doubtful."

They are both expected to give it a go but they have not practiced. If White is not himslelf then the Falcons offense is much different. The healthiest team wins. Players HATE these regularly scheduled Thursday night games. Veterans like Ray Lewis and Todd McClure are probably hurting more then the younger guys. They need the rest.

Edited by coachx

I agree if it's an away game but the Falcons play very good at home. I haven't seen Ravens play so I don't know how good they are. I'm not buying into the hype that Falcons are the best team in the NFC though. They haven't beaten anyone without getting lucky yet. If they beat the Ravens though, then that may change.

Well, we did beat AZ 41-7. The Giants are likely the best team in the NFC, and the Packers, Saints, or Eagles may finish strong and look like the best team at season's end, but right now, the Falcons can make an argument for that designation. I'd love to see us win this game and make a statement, but if White is out, I feel we have no prayer. The Ravens are going to jam the box on Turner and Ryan will get mauled. Without a deep threat, I see Turner putting up one of those games where it's 13 carries, 19 yards.

• Moderators

Ummm....I really like the Falcons's chances. In fact, I am willing to be anyone who hasn't turned on their TV in the last 24 hours that the Falcons pull this out. I'll even give you 4 1/2 points. Really. I am that generous.

Seriously, great game by the Falcons. Highly entertaining football and clutch play by Matt Ryan and Roddy White (even with the now uncharacteristic drop or two). Even without Turner having a good game, we put serious points on the board against the Ravens. That is really exciting!

• Like 1

So who still has a problem wit Matt? That guy is a beast.....I'm loving this team right now, Predator is dialing the clock back and playing well, our defensive front as a whole is pretty damn good, when spoon gets back our linebacker rotationa is going to be solid and our secondary is making plays....we're getting takeaways and thats big for me.....we all see how good this offense can be, even with the drops (that dont really happen often) Matt had a great game and our running game was dead in the water from the start.....we're balanced and can beat teams in so many ways....i'm not saying that we'll win the superbowl but we'll make a run and who knows....anything can happen :thumbsupsmileyanim:

The Cardinals?

My point exactly.

You can't just discount that because it was the Cards. They beat N.O. and should have won last week against Minnesota.

But about this Falcons game last night, the most impressive part to me was the d-line dominated the physical aspect of the game. The only time Baltimore had any real success is when they spread the field... or, like Philly, ran gadget reverse plays and HB screens.

Edited by PlayaPat420

You can't just discount that because it was the Cards. They beat N.O. and should have won last week against Minnesota.

But about this Falcons game last night, the most impressive part to me was the d-line dominated the physical aspect of the game. The only time Baltimore had any real success is when they spread the field... or, like Philly, ran gadget reverse plays and HB screens.

He's discounting the game not because it was the cards but because it weakens his argument. You have to realize what drives discussion on here is that people don't want to be wrong. His argument was that the Falcons hadn't beaten anyone without getting lucky. I point out one game that was a blow-out to show that luck was clearly not a factor, and he responds snidely with "my point exactly", so not only does this not weaken his argument, but it bolsters it! See how it works?

I'm just saying that the Falcons haven't beat a playoff caliber team except the Saints team (in which they shouldn't beat). And then you pointed out the Cardinals...which is not a good team (aka playoff team) which proves my point. What's wrong with that?

Anyhow, they did beat the Ravens so hats off to them. They could compete in the playoff if they can get home field advantage which isn't that hard considering their schedule.

I'm just saying that the Falcons haven't beat a playoff caliber team except the Saints team (in which they shouldn't beat). And then you pointed out the Cardinals...which is not a good team (aka playoff team) which proves my point. What's wrong with that?

Anyhow, they did beat the Ravens so hats off to them. They could compete in the playoff if they can get home field advantage which isn't that hard considering their schedule.

The Buccaneers are a good team.