• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What position should Jamal be traded for?

NineOhTheRino

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

To me its obviously a PG. The Hawks have a decent backup big in Zaza. They have a decent backup swingman in Evans- and if it turns out that Evans is injured then backup swingmen are easy to acquire in a trade. But Bibby shouldn't be a starter and Teague has shown me nothing to make me think he can even be a quality backup at this point. To me you trade Crawford for a starting PG and let bibby come off the bench.

Not who but what position.

Hard to answer without knowing "who" are the guys available at certian positions.

Of course PG and C are positions where the Hawks need some help.

I'm assuming Steve Nash will be traded this year. That Suns team is going no where and rebuilding there is inevitable. Why keep a 36 year old PG around to fight for 8th seed ? They have Richardson as an expiring contract too. I see him walking in FA b/c the Suns have little to build around for future years.

I would love to ship them an expiring deal and filler for Nash. I'm sure other teams would be lining up to do the same ( Could you imagine the Magic with Nash ?)

I say go after Steve Nash hot and heavy ! I would love to see what he could do to the offensive games of JJ, Horford, and Smoove.

Nash has 1 more year after this one on his contract. The ASG would need to make a 1 year committment to paying luxury tax (if the new CBA has lux tax like the present one does). The ASG has said they would pay the luxury tax for a true difference maker and star like Lebron James.Does a 36 year old Steve Nash still qualify ?

Edited by coachx

Chauncey Billups is still the guy that I am hoping for. I do think that Crawford and a protected first would probably be enough. I think he would be perfect for this team.

I just want to point out the salary difference. Billups has a non guaranteed $14.2 mill coming next year. That would be his biggest annual salary of his entire career. Would he take alot less for a longer deal ? Who knows ?

Nash is guaranteed $11.6 mill next year. I realize the difference is only $2.6 mill but the luxury tax makes that difference double that ($5.2 mill).

Billups will be an option if the Nuggetts give up on courting Anthony. If they lose Anthony, or trade him, then they will either trade Billups or not pick up his $14.2 mill, making them players in free agency for coming years.

On the court, my eyes tell me Billups is slowing more then Nash is as a player. Nash's game is/will age better due to the fact he has better floor vision and is a better shooter. That is just my opinion.

One thing is for sure. Both guys would strengthen the position and I would love to have either of them.

Edited by coachx
  • Like 1

I just want to point out the salary difference. Billups has a non guaranteed $14.2 mill coming next year. That would be his biggest annual salary of his entire career. Would he take alot less for a longer deal ? Who knows ?

Nash is guaranteed $11.6 mill next year. I realize the difference is only $2.6 mill but the luxury tax makes that difference double that ($5.2 mill).

Billups will be an option if the Nuggetts give up on courting Anthony. If they lose Anthony, or trade him, then they will either trade Billups or not pick up his $14.2 mill, making them players in free agency for coming years.

On the court, my eyes tell me Billups is slowing more then Nash is as a player. Nash's game is/will age better due to the fact he has better floor vision and is a better shooter. That is just my opinion.

One thinkgis for sure. Both guys would strengthen the position and I would love to have either of them.

Alvin Gentry says Nash isn't going anywhere. He states if you trade Nash he is going with him as well.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/70027/20101110/gentry_discounts_nash_trade_rumors/

coachx- if the Hawks could acquire Nash for the same price they could get Billups then I'd be totally on baord with Nash. I just think it would take a whole lot more to get him even if he were made available. I really do think that Crawford and a protected first would get Billups.

But that said- I don't think the ASG would pay the luxury tax for either player. To me the only time the ASG would pay the luxury tax is if they get a superstar that they think takes them to elite status.

Alvin Gentry says Nash isn't going anywhere. He states if you trade Nash he is going with him as well.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/70027/20101110/gentry_discounts_nash_trade_rumors/

What do you expect the coach to say ?

No coach wants to go through a long rebuilding process b/c they rarely keep the job long enough to see it though. Not to mention how painful it is to go through.

If the GM or owner said it then I would buy it.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

This team is in serious need for a C that can block shots and post up but I doubt there's anyone available that helps them with Howard. With that the Hawks should consider bringing in a PG that can hit jumpers and defend.

Edited by NineOhTheRino