• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Good win

HawkItus

I didn't get to watch the game, "studying" for finals sucks.

I kept up with it online though and looked at the boxscore, Bibby played ~35 minutes with no Teague or JC2 at all? Damn...

It's a win and I'll take it, regardless.

.....I kept up with it online though and looked at the boxscore, Bibby played ~35 minutes with no Teague or JC2 at all? Damn...

I think LD did the right thing for this game. The "marvin at SG" experiment didn't work out (except some decent early D against VC)...but once LD went big early it was good to stick with it. Bibby and Craw = a nice combo with a little help from Damien. Mo tried but didn't do much that I saw.

I would expect Teague getting decent minutes again next game. As far as JC2 ?? I dunno - he may not get much time for awhile.

Big ups for LD this game. With Jameer out he knew he could get away without using Teague and it worked. The vets got us a big win. Glad to see LD adapting to matchups from game to game (at least this time).

Edited by DJlaysitup

Any win is a good win when you are missing an All-Star.

Horford had his second straight good game against Orlando. He used to vanish like a fart in the wind when he faced Howard. Funny how he finally seems to get it on offense right after signing an extension.

Smith's shot chart looks horrible but somehow he managed to make enough of them. Whatever.

Bibby has just been killing from 3. I am amazed that he keeps getting open looks although that last one wasn't open. It was a bit of a force but he made it anyway.

I understand that marvin at the 2 was for defensive purposes, i know they won but it was still painful to watch.

• Premium Member

Any win is a good win when you are missing an All-Star.

Horford had his second straight good game against Orlando. He used to vanish like a fart in the wind when he faced Howard. Funny how he finally seems to get it on offense right after signing an extension.

Smith's shot chart looks horrible but somehow he managed to make enough of them. Whatever.

Bibby has just been killing from 3. I am amazed that he keeps getting open looks although that last one wasn't open. It was a bit of a force but he made it anyway.

I understand that marvin at the 2 was for defensive purposes, i know they won but it was still painful to watch.

Horford was effective this game and the last game against Orlando because LD had sense enough to not let him face Howard and instead let him play his natural position where he's most comfortable.

Finally a win that feels like it counts for something. Orlando was clearly off their game, but the Hawks dug in and pulled it out when I figured they would fade. They proved me wrong tonight. The last two efforts have felt a little more gutty than the games the rest of this season. Maybe Joe's deadpan attitude not being there helps a little in that department.

• Like 2

Finally a win that feels like it counts for something. Orlando was clearly off their game, but the Hawks dug in and pulled it out when I figured they would fade. They proved me wrong tonight. The last two efforts have felt a little more gutty than the games the rest of this season. Maybe Joe's deadpan attitude not being there helps a little in that department.

I agree, the effort and overall play was something I haven't seen since the 90's Hawks. This team usually just out-talents teams but it seems like they are on a mission. I am starting to like this team. Collins is finally fitting in. Wilkins was a very needed signing, one of the best we made since Flip and he's only played two games.

I still think we need JJ back but he needed to have surgery. I am not sold on trading Crawford at all for right now. I am not sold on trading Smith or Marvin unless we package them for an elite player. I want to see this team stick unless something major is on the market and even so, I seen CP3 and he's been struggling in terms of scoring around the basket. Melo is playing bitter, his team like us with JJ before the surgery is winning in spite of him. I am not too sold on dealing Smith yet even for those guys. I would do that deal but not right now even if possible, Smith is just too important. Just my random take.