• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What player can the Hawks trade for that would put us over the 2nd round hump...

Diesel

36 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Nash and Camby are for 'win now' plan.

I like Nash, but not only he's worse defender than Bibbs, he also turns the ball a lot lately. He wouldn't bring Hawks to the next level although would make the team very entertaining.

Camby brings rebounding and help defense, however, as last night shows, he can't stop Dwight. Also, he's injury prone.

So it's Haywood for me. Better than any of our bench bigs and might get even better.

Nash is leading? Really? Cmon now, we need another superstar to go to that isn't Joe Johnson. I'll take the Melo trade any day.

Nash is still good but aging, Melo would be the perfect fit for us.

Bibby/Teague

JJ/

Melo

Horford

BIG BODY

DAYYYUMMMM

• Moderators

Nash and Camby are for 'win now' plan.

I like Nash, but not only he's worse defender than Bibbs, he also turns the ball a lot lately. He wouldn't bring Hawks to the next level although would make the team very entertaining.

Camby brings rebounding and help defense, however, as last night shows, he can't stop Dwight. Also, he's injury prone.

So it's Haywood for me. Better than any of our bench bigs and might get even better.

Are we talking about Brendan Haywood? He's a 31 year old 7 footer who average 7 and 6. How's he going to get better? Is that an upgrade that will put us in contention? I don't see it.

Nash is still damn good. Of course, we are still shallow at SG if we bring in Nash but I think it would make sure more competitive. Al and Smoove would be getting a lot of easier baskets. I"m a fan of Billups too but i haven't seen him much lately.

• Premium Member

Are we talking about Brendan Haywood? He's a 31 year old 7 footer who average 7 and 6. How's he going to get better? Is that an upgrade that will put us in contention? I don't see it.

Nash is still damn good. Of course, we are still shallow at SG if we bring in Nash but I think it would make sure more competitive. Al and Smoove would be getting a lot of easier baskets. I"m a fan of Billups too but i haven't seen him much lately.

Two things.

I didn't know that Heywood was that old, but he would be a better defensive Center than what we have available.

Nash... has never missed the playoffs. Is that a testament to how good he is or is it about the teams he's been on?

I don't think any of those make us conference finals shoe-ins, but give me Iggy a healthy JJ, Smoove and Horf w/ bibby shooting as he is now. That would be a good team. We have the slasher we've been lacking and a good perimeter defender.

Iggy is having a horrid year. Actually, Crawford is playing better.

TBH I didn't realize he was that old.

So it has to be Nash for me - at least attendance numbers would go up. Igoudala is close second, esp. if we find a way to ship Marvin with Craw, maybe via three way trade.

TBH I didn't realize he was that old.

So it has to be Nash for me - at least attendance numbers would go up. Igoudala is close second, esp. if we find a way to ship Marvin with Craw, maybe via three way trade.

There is no way ASG wants to be tied up with Haywood's contract for the next 5 years. So strike him off the list. Pryzbilla's contract expires at the end of the season. I say trade for Iggy now and go after Pryz during the offseason.

Edited by Blunt91

Nash is leading? Really? Cmon now, we need another superstar to go to that isn't Joe Johnson. I'll take the Melo trade any day.

Nash is still good but aging, Melo would be the perfect fit for us.

Bibby/Teague

JJ/

Melo

Horford

BIG BODY

DAYYYUMMMM

The Hawks' best chances on winning is copying the Detroit Pistons team. That Pistons team didn't have a true #1 option, they had a bunch of players that worked together well and were willing to share the ball. Getting a player as good as Steve Nash without trading one of the team's main core (Horf, JJ, Smoove) is easily the best move.

Also, JJ-Melo-Horford is a great combination, but what makes them any better than the Heat's Big 3 of Wade-LeBron-Bosh?

Also, JJ-Melo-Horford is a great combination, but what makes them any better than the Heat's Big 3 of Wade-LeBron-Bosh?

Team chemistry, and less ego problems.

Joe doesn't have near the ego as D-Wade or Lebron. He would rather play in the shadow or a supporting role to a superstar ALA Scottie Pippen. Melo on the other hand could give us that star status we need.

Edited by Boss

A combo of Craw for Andy V. or Camby and Smith and Marvin +picks for Melo and J.R. Smith. I would prefer Andy V. and Melo/J.R. Smith combo. Otherwise, Nash for Craw but no trading Marvin in that deal, probably Evans instead.

Here is the trade.

Cavs-Hawks-Nuggets w/o picks since ESPN doesn't add them

You think thats realistic? Lol.

Andy has 4 years on his contract and Craw expiring and we have the best offer that Melo would likely do an extension with. J.R. Smith has been in and out the doghouse and on the block for a minute, I don't know if their willing to trade him as they would Melo. Also if Andy is off the market which I doubt, Camby should be on the market too.

Diesel, Nash has missed the playoffs. the year he had Shaq and Amare. Melo is the one who has never missed the playoffs. with that said getting Iguodala without giving up Joe Johnson and Josh Smith would be huge for the Hawks even tho he is struggling imo

Edited by TruJerz