• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Crawford's role

DJlaysitup

The whole Crawford's role as a """"6th man"""" is getting silly IMHO. Craw is obviously the playmaker and has the quickness/athletic ability we need on offense...especially with JJ out.

I wonder about Craw.

How can he be this damn good now?

I mean let's face it - he is doing Kobe sh!t off the bench. What kind of vitamins is this fella taking? Is he just a super-late blossomer? The guy is incredible. Like a Bulls fan said last year - he's like Jordan off the bench.

To be honest, I haven't really followed his early career and am somewhat stunned at what he is doing now. :no-no:

Lol, at least Jordan could play D, though. But yeah, he is a great playmaker off the bench.

But nah, Crawford has been doing this for quite some time now. The problems I heard with Crawford before coming here are that he was a volume scorer who could get you 20 at any time, but would take 30 shots to get it along with terrible shot selection. And if he's not scoring, he doesn't really contribute anything else. He will make some eye-popping, jaw-dropping plays for you, and at least with us, he has been more or less a consummate professional who has demonstrated slightly better shot selection. I even believe he set a career high in FG % last year, too.

Edited by TheTruth

• Moderators

I even believe he set a career high in FG % last year, too.

Yep. He shot .573 TS% last season - considerably over his career average of .525 TS%. His best TS% in the prior 7 years was .545.

It was a big leap for his scoring efficiency.

Mo should not be in the starting lineup, idk why Crawford is not in there.. he is the number 2 SG behing JJ right? also why doesn't Drew start Crawford in the 2nd half of the game he's always on the bench to start the half.

Yes, he IS the #2 SG, but Drew wants Crawford's scoring punch to come off the bench, that's why. He will get to dominate the ball on the second team while being its best scorer.

Drew doesn't start Crawford for those reasons. He doesn't start him to start the second half because he usually throws his starters, like most coaches, out there to begin the frame.

As for Mo, he shouldn't see the floor unless it is a blowout. Wilkens should start over him.

• Premium Member

Well all of this crap about Craw being so good... then 30+ minutes, 2 points and 5 turnovers. That's why we can't start him. He's just too inconsistent and I woukd rather have him traded as soon as JJ comes back. I grew tired of all the times he shot us out of the game.

Well all of this crap about Craw being so good... then 30+ minutes, 2 points and 5 turnovers. That's why we can't start him. He's just too inconsistent and I woukd rather have him traded as soon as JJ comes back. I grew tired of all the times he shot us out of the game.

Don't forget zero rebounds. Pretty impressive that you can play 30 minutes without getting 1 rebound.

• Premium Member

What I'm trying to figure out is how Jamal played 30 minutes and only put up 6 shots. That's very Marvinlike??

What I'm trying to figure out is how Jamal played 30 minutes and only put up 6 shots. That's very Marvinlike??

He couldn't create for himself and he's not a playmaker.

I don't want to defend him, but other guys should have moved a little more without basketball.