• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

marvin still starting

gsuteke

I hope you didn't think Josh was going to play SF again. 1 point v. Boston ended that notion thankfully.

Just when I think something positive is going to come out of JJ getting hurt and hope the Hawks go big on people they are back to the damn small ball again.

Marvin at the 3 again. The hawks could have destroyed the bobcats going big tonight.

Same 'ol damn Hawks

I'm shocked that you're a moderator.

Marvin's play is frustrating to no end.

Just about the time most fans totally give up on him - he shows flashes of being a pretty good (albeit awkward) player.

So what that does.... is keep us on a (not so) merry-go-round. When he does good we dream of future brilliance...when he goes south we want to trade him.

IMO a more steady player would be more in our team's best interest. But that's just my opinion. :kickcan:

• Premium Member

Marvin's play is frustrating to no end.

Just about the time most fans totally give up on him - he shows flashes of being a pretty good (albeit awkward) player.

So what that does.... is keep us on a (not so) merry-go-round. When he does good we dream of future brilliance...when he goes south we want to trade him.

IMO a more steady player would be more in our team's best interest. But that's just my opinion. :kickcan:

That's what's been happening. I don't have any questions about Marvin's ability to score, but he'll never be more than a 4th option because he is not able to MENTALLY step up. We need to bench him or trade him. If we do the latter, then we need to do it while there is still at least a little bit of uncertainty about his potential.

• Like 1

Marvin attempted 6 three pointers last night. Just out of curiosity i went back and checked and he had only attempted that many 3s twice in his career.

I also noticed that lately he is frequently holding the ball for awhile before launching a wide open shot. Maybe this is a way for him to stay on balance better.

I also noticed that lately he is frequently holding the ball for awhile before launching a wide open shot. Maybe this is a way for him to stay on balance better.

That could be Key ex - I've also noticed that on his panic airballs with seconds still on the clock (from 13 feet) he tends to have his right foot a bit askew. Possibly he should wear a shoe insert that pushes him more to the left (he seems to make more shots on the left side of the court)...just a guess.

:snowballfight:

Marvin attempted 6 three pointers last night. Just out of curiosity i went back and checked and he had only attempted that many 3s twice in his career.

He's started doing this toe tap thing too which is infuriating to watch, it's almost like throwing a jab step when there's no one guarding him. There's like 5 parts to him taking a single open shot which is probably what causes so much inconsistancy in his jumper.