• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Helping Orlando...

Diesel

• Premium Member

Josh Smith/ 2nd rounder for Jameer Nelson/Brandon Bass/ and Daniel Orton.

Nelson = 14.5 ppg, 7.3 apg. Shoots over 45% from the field and over 39 from three.

Bass = 11/6 (just about).

Orton = Young prospect ( 6'11" 255).

http://multimedia.foxsports.com/m/video/31383221/draft-preview-daniel-orton.htm

I really really don't believe in negging posters but Diesel, this one is really bad. Like trading Kobe for Hinrich and McGee bad.

orton is just baaaad. i'm a big uk fan, but i still wouldn't care to have him on the hawks. i seriously think calapari/uk boosters paid the magic off to take him in the first round just so they could tout the fact that they set a record by having 5 players taken in the first round.

orton is just baaaad. i'm a big uk fan, but i still wouldn't care to have him on the hawks. i seriously think calapari/uk boosters paid the magic off to take him in the first round just so they could tout the fact that they set a record by having 5 players taken in the first round.

If I remember correctly MC stated that we were interested in Orton as a possible 2nd round pick but of course the Magic drafted him.

• Premium Member

Orton is bad now. Hell, he's young, but give him the right tutoring. The guy is not a stiff, he's a big man who can defend. Sometimes, you have to invest in players with potential who may look bad now. I still remember when they used to call Kobe "Showboat" and he played behind Eddie Jones and Lakers fans pissed and moaned about trading Eddie Jones. Look now. I remember when Jermaine Oneal first entered the league. He sucked also... but a few years later, he was an allstar. Being a big is the hardest position to learn aside from a PG. That guy has a future.

• Premium Member

I really really don't believe in negging posters but Diesel, this one is really bad. Like trading Kobe for Hinrich and McGee bad.

Josh = Kobe??

I like Josh. Don't get me wrong. I understand Josh's Shot blocking... However, I also realize that Josh doesn't have the full package defense to go with that Shot blocking. I also realize that Josh doesn't want to play PF. I also understand that underneath, Josh is really soft. You know who else understands that? Playoff teams. Before we get all excited, notice Josh in the last 3 playoffs. In the Milwaukee series, Old man Kurt Thomas and Illyasova played Josh Physically and were able to get into his head. But Josh is still a really good player for us, but soon, there will be no more athleticism on a high level. At that point, what do you see in Josh's game that is that great? IS he very coachable? Does he make good decisions? What we have is a stubborn player who will do what he feels like doing most of the time. He's talented, but if we can get players that help fill our needs, I'm not against doing that.

To say that we don't need a PG is looking at this team with rose colored glasses.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Don't trade Josh now. I just got a Josh Smith t-shirt at the game last night for $10.

One day we might have to consider trading Josh for a PG, C, or SF or any combination thereof. Horf looks really good at PF. I think that more than anything else will be responsible for where this team goes next.

• Moderators

Josh is a wlidcard to be sure and his mistakes are glaring. But does he have more bad games than Joe or Marvin? Horford and Bibby are pretty consistently good but Joe has been shooting terrible for about a year. Marvin shows up once a week at the most. I agree Josh has to get tougher but the dude is still improving. This year his jumper is dramtically better. last year it was passing. the year before ball handling. You can be taught to be a physical player. Zaza was a euro-flopper when he came to the Hawks and Woody forced him to be physical.

I think by the end of the year LD will have Josh doing what he's supposed to be doing. Rebounding, working in the post, occasional spot up shots.

PG is not the problem we NEED a big man!!!!! if we trade josh then who gonna block shots,not AL or Jason Trade josh we need a top big man in return

PG is definately a problem. I actually think it is more of a problem than a center.

1) Who is this center?

2) the team lacks leadership on and off the floor. A PG can handle both of these problems better than any other position.

3) Have you watched Bibby trying to guard the likes of Harris, Nelson, and Nash? It ain't pretty.

PG is the position that needs to be fixed to help this team move forward.