• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Sink or Swim: Where is Jeff Teague against the Hornets?

hawks21

If Teague isn't injured, then he needs to be IN THE GAME. Bibby has no business playing the whole game against Chris Paul. How is Teague is going to learn? How can the Hawks truly evaluate his growth?

A lot of teams are MAKING TRADES anf getting what they need, and the Hawks are heavily relying on Bibby to save them.

Our backcourt is getting older and slower by the minute as all of our main guards are 30 and older, starting with Bibby.

Chris Paul just decided to TAKE CONTROL and it was over.

Edited by hawks21

You speak to us like jeff teague is some kind of answer buried on the bench. Teague has gotten his chances to play and the results have been less than all-star like.

Have you ever considered that Teague may not be any better than Bibby unfortunately?

Edited by gsuteke

You speak to us like jeff teague is some kind os answer buried on the bench. Teague has gotten his chances to play and the results have been less than all-star like.

Have you ever considered that Teague may not be any better than Bobby unfortunately?

You'll never know until you give him consistent minutes, and are you really saying that you would rather have bibby on the defensive end than teague! the hawks were sleepwalking out there, teague would've atleast pushed up the tempo.

• Like 1

You speak to us like jeff teague is some kind of answer buried on the bench. Teague has gotten his chances to play and the results have been less than all-star like.

Have you ever considered that Teague may not be any better than Bibby unfortunately?

ZERO MINUTES AND/OR COACHES' DECSION in Teague's second season is something that shouldn't be happening... Either play the guy consistently and SET EXPECTATIONS or find another point guard via trade THIS SEASON

Then JARRETT JACK comes in and adds 10 points to add insult to injury. Marcus Thornton, another young PG, is making contributions. WHERE ARE OUR YOUNG PLAYERS? (Teague, Jordan Carwford, etc.)

Our Guard rotation outside of Joe Johnson sucks. If you're just picking up on this you are behind the eight ball.

ACTUALLY GM SUND NEEDS TO PICK UP ON THIS...AND MAKE SOME MOVES...

Our Guard rotation outside of Joe Johnson sucks. If you're just picking up on this you are behind the eight ball.

Yep, no one is really that good outside of Joe. I wish we signed T-Mac. He could be of real use to us.

I think we are beginning to find out that Larry Drew isn't that different from Woody in some aspects. If you can't shoot you sit on the bench(Teague, D.Wilkins).

Because we can't score any easy baskets, it clutters the floor when you have guys who can't shoot on the floor. I understand why they don't play, especially v. good perimeter defensive teams. New Orleans has a great defense. There offense isn't much but timely scoring but their defense is good. I wouldn't be surprised if they made the Western Conference Finals.

Edited by nbasuperstar40

I admit that I don't understand the DNP for Teague tonight either.

It almost seems like LD goes into each game with a plan and seems stubbornly determined not to veer away from it. Tonight's plan seemed to be to play small (i.e. not play Collins, Thomas). I can appreciate LD for developing a game plan and even for varying it according to the opponent --- but he doesn't seem to react quickly enough when it isn't working.

It was obvious to me early-on that Horford wasn't going to be able to guard Okafor in the post. For all Horford is, he doesn't seem to defend the post well lto me. Reardless of how quiet CP3 was in the first half, everyone including the cat in my lap knew that it was just a matter of time before CP3 exploited Bibby -- which would in-turn break down our entire defense.

Teague had played better and more confidently than I've ever seen in the several games prior to this one. Yes, he still has been turnover prone, but he's seemd to be gaining the confidence to risk making a mistake--- and as a result has made many great plays. He did not deserve this DNP, in my opinion --- especially considering that his specialty (speed, defense at the point) was our biggest concern against this opponent.

LD's weakness looks to be an attitude of "I've already made-up my my mind, so don't confuse me with the facts". Woody only had one game plan. LD is better than this. But he seems a bit too slow in reacting when his plan for a particular game isn't working.

CS

P.S. Has anyone noticed that Smoove seems to start each year leading the league in blocks and then his blocks fall off of a cliff? He's a total no-show on defense these days and isn't earning the privilege to jack-up his jumpers on the other end :)

I admit that I don't understand the DNP for Teague tonight either.

It almost seems like LD goes into each game with a plan and seems stubbornly determined not to veer away from it. Tonight's plan seemed to be to play small (i.e. not play Collins, Thomas). I can appreciate LD for developing a game plan and even for varying it according to the opponent --- but he doesn't seem to react quickly enough when it isn't working.

It was obvious to me early-on that Horford wasn't going to be able to guard Okafor in the post. For all Horford is, he doesn't seem to defend the post well lto me. Reardless of how quiet CP3 was in the first half, everyone including the cat in my lap knew that it was just a matter of time before CP3 exploited Bibby -- which would in-turn break down our entire defense.

Teague had played better and more confidently than I've ever seen in the several games prior to this one. Yes, he still has been turnover prone, but he's seemd to be gaining the confidence to risk making a mistake--- and as a result has made many great plays. He did not deserve this DNP, in my opinion --- especially considering that his specialty (speed, defense at the point) was our biggest concern against this opponent.

LD's weakness looks to be an attitude of "I've already made-up my my mind, so don't confuse me with the facts". Woody only had one game plan. LD is better than this. But he seems a bit too slow in reacting when his plan for a particular game isn't working.

CS

P.S. Has anyone noticed that Smoove seems to start each year leading the league in blocks and then his blocks fall off of a cliff? He's a total no-show on defense these days and isn't earning the privilege to jack-up his jumpers on the other end :)

He doesn't stick to what works. For some reason, he still doesn't know his game. He's a professional. That's the most important part. I said it before that he may need a change in scenery to fully change. Being in Atlanta might not be the best thing for Smoove like Frenchie with the Braves.

Face facts. Hawks are a jump shooting, 3 point shooting team. When the shots are falling,

we are at our best. When they don't fall, heaven help us.

Last night's game was close - - until the Saints buddies went on a 13-0 run. Blew us away and

we could never recover. And, last night showed why Atlanta believes CP3 is the best PG to ever

set foot on the floor. Why put in Jeff Teague? Hawks knew, without trying him, he couldn't stop

the onslaught of CP3. Why make the effort? Why destroy the confidence of JT? Just stand back,

literally, and watch CP3 destroy the Hawks.

And, where was the dunk defense? Hawks played "Lay-up City" defense all night and had no

answer. On the other hand, Hawks had several shots from 2 or 3 feet that failed to drop. Ugh.

We all knew it was over when N.O. outscored us by 13 in the 3rd quarter. Hawks left their energy

in the locker room. N.O. adjusted. We didn't and they killed us. Sleepwalk.

Guess we saved JT for tonight. We'll see.

GO HAWKS!

:help wanted:

Here's my problem. The disconnect between Sund and Drew regarding Teague (and perhaps other aspects). IF the reason we kept Teague over Jason Thompson was because of POtential, then we shouldn't expect DNPs at the point. Mind you, I think Thompson got some DNPs but not deservedly so.

I do not expect Teague to be better than Bibby at this point. THAT isn't the question. Is he so bad he shouldn't play and Bibby play a boatload? If so in Drew's mind, then he and Sund have a drastically different opinion of Teague and I wonder where else they are on different pages.

Mind you, it is one game here although the rest haven't suggested Drew thinks a whole hell-of-a-lot of Teague. Frankly, I'm more likely to agree with Drew here, but I/m only give up on him for a player I think is better, like Thompson. My bigger worry is the Drew and Sund aren't on the same page where it matters.

W

Here's my problem. The disconnect between Sund and Drew regarding Teague (and perhaps other aspects). IF the reason we kept Teague over Jason Thompson was because of POtential, then we shouldn't expect DNPs at the point. Mind you, I think Thompson got some DNPs but not deservedly so.

I do not expect Teague to be better than Bibby at this point. THAT isn't the question. Is he so bad he shouldn't play and Bibby play a boatload? If so in Drew's mind, then he and Sund have a drastically different opinion of Teague and I wonder where else they are on different pages.

Mind you, it is one game here although the rest haven't suggested Drew thinks a whole hell-of-a-lot of Teague. Frankly, I'm more likely to agree with Drew here, but I/m only give up on him for a player I think is better, like Thompson. My bigger worry is the Drew and Sund aren't on the same page where it matters.

W

I'm not certain that the problem is if Sund and Drew are on the same page. The problem is Drew and Gearon Jr. The Crawford quote that indicates the front office (Gearon) overvalues the "core" too much is particularly telling. Sund showed a willingness to move players both in Seattle and early on with the Hawks, but his hands seem tied by ownership. I really think Gearon is the puppet master here. Until Gearon can be convinced that the current group is not going anywhere, we're stuck with the "core".

Drew not playing Teague might be his way of forcing Gearon to get off the pot and do something about the roster now instead of later. Just speculation, but his not playing v. the Hornets was just strange.

It is just so frustrating to know nighty after night that the opposing PG is going to have a big night. I know about the lack of bench depth and the need for a true center but defense at the PG is still going to kill us even if the other two get fixed.

It isn't just the CP3s and Dwills. We make the Ridenour and TJ Ford types look like All-NBA guys. It isn't Bibby's fault he can no longer defend the position or make them work at the other end because he is what he is. It is Coach's fault for continuing to fresh him out there for 30-35 minutes a night. I am not sure Teague is the answer but I am certain we need someone there who can defend the position. I am if seeing 6'8 wings and 6'9 Forwards switch off to check PGs.

It seems like the light has finally started to come on for Marvin this month. Maybe he can become the 15pt 8reb guy this team needs. Marvin can defend his position and score. As a fan of the game, I enjoy how exciting it is to watch Jamal Crawford and Josh Smith. As a fan of this team, maybe it its time to part with one or both fix some of this team's flaws. The same goes for Bibby but who will touch him at his current salary?

• Premium Member

Face facts. Hawks are a jump shooting, 3 point shooting team. When the shots are falling,

we are at our best. When they don't fall, heaven help us.

Last night's game was close - - until the Saints buddies went on a 13-0 run. Blew us away and

we could never recover. And, last night showed why Atlanta believes CP3 is the best PG to ever

set foot on the floor. Why put in Jeff Teague? Hawks knew, without trying him, he couldn't stop

the onslaught of CP3. Why make the effort? Why destroy the confidence of JT? Just stand back,

literally, and watch CP3 destroy the Hawks.

And, where was the dunk defense? Hawks played "Lay-up City" defense all night and had no

answer. On the other hand, Hawks had several shots from 2 or 3 feet that failed to drop. Ugh.

We all knew it was over when N.O. outscored us by 13 in the 3rd quarter. Hawks left their energy

in the locker room. N.O. adjusted. We didn't and they killed us. Sleepwalk.

Guess we saved JT for tonight. We'll see.

GO HAWKS!

:help wanted:

Jump shooting and 3pt shooting teams without inside the paint scoring never wins in the playoffs. That is where we are.......................