• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Play Teague 30mpg!

gurpilo

We need to develop this guy!!! Bibby is playing well, but his defense is poor and we get destroyed by opposing PG. He is getting old, need a replacement and giving him rest on some games would allow to keep him fresh for when is needed.

Jeff is beginning to play well when is given the chance, is not the same as the beginning of the season when he was struggling.

There have been games as Bucks game where he could have played 30 minutes and still win the game but he isn't, at the end what can we loose? We will still win the game and give Mike some rest.

We need to develop him and give him playing experience, we need him for the playoffs, how can we stop Felton, Rondo, Nelson, Rose, Jennings, Holiday or Collison? Bibby is not going to do it.

I think Jeff could average 11 ppg, 5,5 apg, 1spg if given 30 mpg, that is enough for me for our starting PG on his first true NBA season.

Thoughts?

Jeff needs to demonstrate better decision making on the court before he plays more than 18 min/game. Give him 30 minutes and his A/TO ratio will be close to 1 and that's not good.

I'm just not seeing what people see in Teague honestly. He looks more like a career backup than a meaningful starter. Hope I'm wrong.

• Like 1

Jeff needs to demonstrate better decision making on the court before he plays more than 18 min/game. Give him 30 minutes and his A/TO ratio will be close to 1 and that's not good.

I'm just not seeing what people see in Teague honestly. He looks more like a career backup than a meaningful starter. Hope I'm wrong.

While Bibbs' A/TO ratio is very good (almost 3), Teague's is not so much worse (2.4) and if you take steals into account (0.7 per 36mins for Mike and 1.7 for Jeff) things doesn't look bad at all. JT has the ability to lead fast brake and beat opponent guards off the dribble. He had more good games this season than he gets credit for.

30 minutes is too much ATM, but consistent 20 mins would do miracles to his confidence, which BTW is up as of late (as is Marvin's).

I think is just the opposite, when Teague has been given meaningful minutes he is improving his A/TO ratio. In the last 5 games when he has played twice 18 min he has averaged 7 ppg, 4 apg, 1 TO. On the rest of the games he hasn't even achieve 10 min. Of course his decision making needs to improve, he is playing his first true NBA season and is going to make mistakes, he has to learn the game... but the kid can penetrate, defend and dish the ball, he has the tools to become a good NBA player.

The key point is that we are not going to win less games if we play Jeff, there are many games where Mike has done nothing to win the game, we have had enough lead and he remains on the floor, it has no sense. In fact I cannot even believe he has not played 30 minutes in one game this season!!!!

Mike has become more a shooter than a PG, the ball is more often on Joe and Jamal's hand, the PG on this team is not the typical distributor and that opens even more opportunities for minutes for Teague as he is not going to be pressured to lead the offense. In fact I really don't like it as I understand that is going to be very difficult to develop a PG under these circunstances.

And for all of you who don't believe he has to play closer to 30 Min at least in some games I will bring back the fist season of one player. 23,5 MPG, 6,4PPG, 3,8 APG, 1,8 TO, 1,6 SPG. His name? Rajon Rondo. Don't you think Jeff could put even better stats, except Steals??

You will never have a true PG if you don't invest time on developing him.

• Like 1

Bibby has been playing great, but Drew needs to play Teague a consistent amount every night for him to really develop.

If he only goes in when we have a big lead or if forced by injury, it shows the coach has no confidence in him. Teague needs

to know he will play 15-20 mins per game...every game. I think that would really help him.

In case anyone missed it the Hornets coach, Monty Williams, was interviewed before the game against the Hawks the other night and he went out of his way to talk about Teague and how he is a legit PG in this league. I don't remember the exact quote but he was concerned about him and talked about game planning for him. Of course we went out of our way to not play Teague in that game but that is beside the point. The point is that for a guy who has the leagues best (arguably) PG on his team I feel confident in his evaluation of Teague and while I don't think I'm ready to give him 30 mpg I really do feel like if he got bigger minutes he'd develope a lot faster and wouldn't make some of the mistakes that he makes during his odd minutes.

Just looked over JT's last 5 games where he has gotten 15 minutes or more and these are his averages:

19 mpg

9 ppg

4 rpg

3.2 apg

1.6 to

Increasing them to 30 mpg his averages would be:

14 ppg

6 rpg

5 apg

2.5 to

Obviously that's not a completely accurate indicator of what his numbers would be but I think that they give a fairly decent idea of what his numbers would be and they're certainly equal or better than what Bibby is putting up:

30 mpg

10 ppg

2 rpg

4.1 apg

1.34 to

• Like 1

I think is just the opposite, when Teague has been given meaningful minutes he is improving his A/TO ratio. In the last 5 games when he has played twice 18 min he has averaged 7 ppg, 4 apg, 1 TO. On the rest of the games he hasn't even achieve 10 min. Of course his decision making needs to improve, he is playing his first true NBA season and is going to make mistakes, he has to learn the game... but the kid can penetrate, defend and dish the ball, he has the tools to become a good NBA player.

The key point is that we are not going to win less games if we play Jeff, there are many games where Mike has done nothing to win the game, we have had enough lead and he remains on the floor, it has no sense. In fact I cannot even believe he has not played 30 minutes in one game this season!!!!

Mike has become more a shooter than a PG, the ball is more often on Joe and Jamal's hand, the PG on this team is not the typical distributor and that opens even more opportunities for minutes for Teague as he is not going to be pressured to lead the offense. In fact I really don't like it as I understand that is going to be very difficult to develop a PG under these circunstances.

And for all of you who don't believe he has to play closer to 30 Min at least in some games I will bring back the fist season of one player. 23,5 MPG, 6,4PPG, 3,8 APG, 1,8 TO, 1,6 SPG. His name? Rajon Rondo. Don't you think Jeff could put even better stats, except Steals??

You will never have a true PG if you don't invest time on developing him.

Teague isnt a PG imo he is sg in a pgs body .

If he was a pg he would have no problem taking minutes away from Bibby especially in this offense . Saying that Joe and jamal handle the ball a lot is a copout they handle the ball because they are the best we have at creating shots for others. Teagues entire game revolves around him being able to score in the paint and in this league he just doesnt have the offensive repertoire needed to do it consistently so he is stuck in the middle .

He is simply more scorer than setup guy because on this team its ridiculous for anyone claiming to be a pg to not get minutes and excel . If we put someone like Sessions on this team and he cant score at all we would see a huge difference simply because hes a setup man not a scorer we are trying to make a setup man .

It simply shouldnt be heard at all for any real pg to get minutes and numbers on a jumpshooting team like Hawks . He should be feasting