• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Anyone else watching Sy's first game?

Mdizzle5

• Moderators

http://www.nba.com/dleague/games/20110103/BAKUTA/gameinfo.html

Hardly a Flash in the pan yet... 1-for-11 so far, and trying to make up for it at the free throw line. Can he keep his Point-to-Turnover ratio above 1.0?

"It's gonna take time

A whole lot of precious time

It's gonna take patience and time

To do it, to do it, to do it, to do it, to do it

To do it right..."

[/georgeharrison]

~lw3

• Moderators

Must Sy TV?

The Utah Flash will be on at 2:45 pm EST today and tomorrow as part of the D-League Showcase on NBA-TV.

Pape's been looking more like a can't-make prospect rather than a can't-miss (4-17 last two games, 5 PFs and 3 TOs per game off the bench)

~lw3

Sy has been extremely unimpressive in the little bit of time he has been in this game. How many games has he played in the D-league so far? I know he hasn't played very many, but not sure. If he looks bad and barely gets any playing time in the D-league then he has a long ways to go before he gets any minutes with the Hawks. I wasn't expecting him to be amazing, but I was hoping for better than what little I've seen so far.

I'm not saying he can't improve, but he looks far from what most were hoping for right now.

when you're watching Sy you have to remember that the D-League is a HUGE step up from what he was playing internationally. its even more frantic at the Showcase as all the players he's going up against are playing to get the attention of scouts. Sy isn't gonna stand out here.

-seems to be playing SF with ball handling duties going up court.

-he's kept up with his man only getting beat once and being forced to foul.

-iowa looks like one of the best D-League teams

-Sy plays like a freshman-year-at-UCLA version of Luc Richard Mah A Moute

-mostly he seems to be playing defense and spotting up in the corner on offense.

-Courtney Sims has no business being in the D-League. the cavs (and the hawks for that matter) are stupid for letting him toil away there. He looks like he could be a starter for a couple teams out there.

WOW I guess there is no replay in NBDL LOL. That Sims shot was way after the buzzer, you could see it while it was live. How can that be counted lol?

That was a terrible call and it should have ended the game. I actually thought they were reviewing it, but I guess they were just discussing it. No way they saw that on replay and didn't change the call.

• Premium Member

Several people are suggesting he needs time...time to be what? A minimum-salaried defensive role player?

It's clear that he's so far from being NBA-ready, that no one would've snagged him if he wasn't drafted. He's wasting a roster spot.

Several people are suggesting he needs time...time to be what? A minimum-salaried defensive role player?

It's clear that he's so far from being NBA-ready, that no one would've snagged him if he wasn't drafted. He's wasting a roster spot.

Yep MrH...0 for 5 shooting...3 assists...3 turnovers. yawn....Teague-Lite....who cares.

Edited by DJlaysitup

Anybody watching the game today(tuesday)? Sy made a good move on a fast break and went in for a layup and just missed. Play after that he drove in for a layup and missed it. Next play he drove in nicely and kicked it out, but that guy threw it away.

I wonder if anybody else noticed the hot trainer for Springfield who came out to help a player. She was bent over and had a nice tramp stamp. They just showed her again and she might not be as hot as I thought.