• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What about Billups?

Blunt91

It's rumored that if Chauncy Billups is included in the Carmelo trade to the Nets he will ask for a buyout. If this scenario plays out and Billups becomes a Free Agent should the Hawks Reach out and make an offer to him? More than Likely he would want to go to the Heat.

Edited by Blunt91

its a dumb trade for new jersey.

you can't get significantly over the cap without signing young players to bigger deals off their rookie contracts. well they are in essence giving up their rookies for the next few years for carmelo. he's not THAT good. they won't be able to field a competitive team around him.

The balance of power is shifting to the East but with Joe back to playing like Joe I don't view New Jersey as a threat.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

It's rumored that if Chauncy Billups is included in the Carmelo trade to the Nets he will ask for a buyout. If this scenario plays out and Billups becomes a Free Agent should the Hawks Reach out and make an offer to him? More than Likely he would want to go to the Heat.

It would be better that we were in on the trade. I thought about this as I read that too. I think a few things would happen. NJ wouldn't trade Harris. Maybe Denver would want Marvin/1st for Billups?

I think Chauncey is just tired of Melo's selfish act throughout the season and doesn't want anything to do with him anymore. I'm sure if he was traded separately he'd play out his contract before returning to Denver. If he's bought out though, I see LA and Miami being his main suitors.

I'd be extremely surprised if Billups was to go to the Heat, assuming the 'Melo trade even happens and Billups gets a buyout. After all his comments about staying with Denver and getting into their front office, I doubt he even gets traded.

Talk is cheap, as we continually see with all this 'Melo to NJ stuff.

Edited by WakaFlocka

BIllups won't get bought out- he has 2 years left on his contract and there is no way Billups is going to leave a ton of money on the table.

And I do think that he will get traded. If Denver is rebuilding then they should make Lawson their starting PG.

If The ASG were willing to pay the luxury tax I'd trade Crawford for Billups in a heartbeat.