• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bibby is done folks

GameTime

Bibby is always done v. CP3 or Nash. We can't just put Joe on those guys because he can't defend them either. We will always lose to those two PG's.

Bibby is still valuable but only as a role player that can stretch the defense and hit open 3s on an elite team.

With Bibby running the Point full time it is highly unlikely the Hawks will develop into a Championship caliber club.

But that doesn't mean Bibby isn't useful though.

• Like 1

Bibby is clutch. Bibby is smart. But he's not going to do the dirty work on D nor create for others. And when his shot is not falling his minutes should go down.

Edited by tremor
  • Like 1

I Think We Should Give Jordan Crawford a shot....

At Least he plays aggressive and with confidence...

You can already tell that LD is trying to groom Jordan into a pg by the fact he gets in games before Teague does and when they happen to be in together he is the primary ball handler.

You can already tell that LD is trying to groom Jordan into a pg by the fact he gets in games before Teague does and when they happen to be in together he is the primary ball handler.

I Hope So....

Jordan in a Beast, and The Oop He threw down last night was sick (the one and only good play from last night)

and he plays with aggression, is confident in himself and o yea he dunked on lebron lol

As a starter, Bibby's been done for awhile now in my opinion. He's our starter by default, because neither of the young guys are apparently ready to start yet, if they ever even get to that point. He's still only 32 and won't turn 33 till May, but he's logged just a fricken ton of NBA minutes and his physical skills are clearly on the decline. Ideally his role would be as a sharpshooter and a gunner off the bench, sort of the role that Vinnie Johnson performed for the Pistons back in the day, and I think that Bibb's could do quite well in that role as his body would be much more rested and he would have to focus on only one clearly defined role, which is to come in, hit big shots and provide an instant jolt of offense.

• Premium Member

Bibby has been done for at least two years BEFORE this season.He simply can not guard his position and once that happens you are done as a starter if not completely out of the league. The only thing he has left is being able to space and hit open outside shots. That's it. We literally have the worst point guard situation in the NBA with an old veteran who can't play anymore and a young "replacement" who can't even see court time because he's played so badly.

I Think We Should Give Jordan Crawford a shot....

At Least he plays aggressive and with confidence...

Agreed. We will only have to live with his rookie mistakes but I think it's worth it. If only we could combine him and teague into one body then we would have our pg.

Bibby has been done for at least two years BEFORE this season.He simply can not guard his position and once that happens you are done as a starter if not completely out of the league. The only thing he has left is being able to space and hit open outside shots. That's it. We literally have the worst point guard situation in the NBA with an old veteran who can't play anymore and a young "replacement" who can't even see court time because he's played so badly.

Yep. Looking at him statistically, he is clearly on the decline with his numbers falling across the board. His assist numbers, his rebounds, his steals, his points per game, he's just not able to 'do it' anymore and at this point could almost be considered to be more a liability than an asset. at PG. And looking at him visually and seeing his greatly diminished quickness and his inability to no longer defend his position, it's just painfully obvious that we've got a big problem still at the PG position, and no real answers at this time.

It's discouraging, but what can ya do?

• Premium Member

Guys Jordan Craw is NOT a PG. He is a undersized SG. We need to trade for a real PG with Jamal's expiring and some picks

Don't know why that was worthy of a -1. I don't think anyone outside of fan blogs has ever pretended that JC2 is or could be a PG in the NBA.

like others have said ..bibby would be great off the bench as a spot up shooter. we need more scoring from the bench, Even with Teagues performence i think he should start. I think he would play better as a starter and with the starters. Bring bibby late first qtr and run him for around 3/4 of the qtr. less if hes cold and more if hes hot.