• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Jeff VanGundy and Mark Jackson

Everyone knows this including the Hawks and the Suns, the price and willingness is the issue.

• Premium Member

During last night's Suns/Celtics game both agreed that Steve Nash in Atlanta would be a perfect fit. I like it...who do we trade...Jamal for Nash works.

Thoughts?

If Nash comes to Atlanta if would change the entire offense to a much better team. Any trade in most cases would have to include Crawford and I could see Marvin Williams headed with him. Not sure how the numbers work though.

If we lose Crawford it will really hurt the Hawks bench. Instead of Crawford coming off the bench you will have Bibby. JC2 is not ready to play and is a undersized SG to boot. Maybe Damien Wilkins could handle that role coming off the bench.

I would defintely like to see Nash in a Hawks uniform.

This would be a terrible trade!

Not really. Crawford is no spring chicken and there's no guarantee we'll resign him next year. Nash will get the most out of our players on the offensive end, and I think he could be a good player for Jeff Teague to play behind. Our team would be better without a doubt and being that Joe is getting older our window is getting smaller.

If Nash comes to Atlanta if would change the entire offense to a much better team. Any trade in most cases would have to include Crawford and I could see Marvin Williams headed with him. Not sure how the numbers work though.

If we lose Crawford it will really hurt the Hawks bench. Instead of Crawford coming off the bench you will have Bibby. JC2 is not ready to play and is a undersized SG to boot. Maybe Damien Wilkins could handle that role coming off the bench.

I would defintely like to see Nash in a Hawks uniform.

Nash>Jamal and Bibby<Jamal off the bench but not by much.

I would hate to see Jamal traded because he does hold high value for this team. But seeing a legit point guard in Atlanta would be a sight for sore eyes. This team hasn't had a legit point guard since Mookie Blaylock. Well, maybe Breven Knight but he wasn't here very long. Every other point we have had since then have been hybrid pg/sg's without a real sense of leadership of running a team. Even an aging Nash would open up Atlanta fans eyes as to what it's like to have a leader run your team. I'm not saying he makes us championship contenders but I guarantee we don't get blown out like we have in the playoffs with Nash running the point. No way in hell!

Not really. Crawford is no spring chicken and there's no guarantee we'll resign him next year. Nash will get the most out of our players on the offensive end, and I think he could be a good player for Jeff Teague to play behind. Our team would be better without a doubt and being that Joe is getting older our window is getting smaller.

Agreed EazyRoc...and I really think that just playing basketball with a guy like Nash for a couple years would make our young core that much better. Guys would be saying to themselves "wow - this is how you really do it".

It would give us a serious starting PG for a couple years and allow the ownership to have time to work on getting a PG-of-the-future without having to reach in the draft.

Bibby's minutes would be reduced but his role would actually be even more important...and I think Bibby would be up to the task.

So I guess my answer to the question - would you trade Craw for Nash - would be yes, Yes, and YES.

Higher than Steve Nash? Both are around the same age, and well, lets be realistic, Jamal won't be back next season anyway.

LOL not exactly, Nash is 6 years older than Jamal is ... and if we can move a non-expiring contract for an expiring one we might be able to keep Jamal beyond this season.

Still though I'd trade Jamal for Nash all day long without thinking twice about it.

• Like 1