• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What do you think of Rush?

Plainview1981

• Admin

"I don't think he's been that good from the get-go. I think what we've had here is a little social concern in the NFL. The media has been very desirous that a black quarterback do well. There is a little hope invested in McNabb and he got a lot of credit for the performance of this team that he didn't deserve. The defense carried this team."

Those were his exact words. What he is saying is that Mcnabb is getting hyped this season because the NFL and the media want superstar quality black QB's, NOT because he's having a great season.

It's that simple. It's his opinion yes. BUT THERE IS NOTHING SLANDEROUS OR RACIST ABOUT IT.

Limbaugh obviously believes that the only reason Mcnabb is being hyped this season is because he's a black QB and that's what the media wants. Limbaugh obviously believes that Mcnabb is overrated and hasn't been deserving of the hype he's getting this season. Perhaps he does have good stats over his career. BUt this season he hasn't gotten it done in his eyes. Yet he's still being hyped and Limbaugh obviously doesn't like it. But that doesn't make him or his statement racist. He just wasn't afraid to give his opinion on WHY he thinks the NFL and the media are still hyping Mcnabb.

Nothing about that belief or his statement is racist or slanderous. Suggesting so is completely ridiculous. The reason people are so upset is because in this day and age it is considered WRONG for a white person to criticize or disagree with a black person. To do so instantly gains you the label of RACIST.

It just goes to show you how few people know what racism really is anymore.

• Premium Member

First off, from the quote you gave.. Noticed he said - " the defense Carried."...

I'm glad you can defend him with a time argument... However, the time period that he is obviously making reference to is over his career and not over this season. This season is three games LONG... Philly is 1-2. For somebody to say that Philly's defense carried this team is still ludicris... Carried where... to 2 losses...

When you take off the rose colored glasses, what Rush was saying was that Philly's defense carried that team through their successes last year and on before that...

Ultimately he's trying to take away any credit from McNabb for their successes and also at the same time, his Judgement of McNabb was not just about this season but about all the seasons of Philly's success.

As far as your reference to people still hyping McNabb... Where?

I've seen the media hype Priest Holmes.. BUt NOT McNabb. I've seen the media hype Brad Johnson and even Quincey... BUT Not McNabb. NOt this season.

• Admin

Doesn't really matter what time frame he personally gave for his assessment of Mcnabb. My point was made and obviously understood. What he said wasn't biggotted, wasn't racist, wasn't even racially insensitive. There's really no way anyone can twist it to make it seem that way.

A lot of time and energy wasted over...nothing.

• Premium Member

What you said was:

In reply to:

Limbaugh obviously believes that the only reason Mcnabb is being hyped
this season
is because he's a black QB and that's what the media wants.

now you say:

In reply to:

Doesn't really matter what time frame he personally gave for his assessment of Mcnabb.

Are you a Cornerback??? Because you are sure doing a lot of backpedalling..

Sorry Chillz. Your point is no more justified than Bush's search for weapons of mass destruction.

The truth is that Statistically McNabb is one of the best QBs in the game. When you look over his numbers, there's no way that you can say that he's overrated. Secondly, when you look at what his peers think of him... .There's no way you can say he's overrated. Not with any factual basis...

Therefore, your just some guy randomly making opinions that have no basis.... It's like if I said that Larry Bird was Overrated because the media wanted a great white player in basketball. What kind of statement is that???

• Admin

still doesn't matter. I was assuming the time frame simply because I didn't know. I read the statement just like everyone else. I don't know much about Mcnabb and his career and don't really care. The point is, his statement wasn't in the least bit racist. end of story.

And try to slip your little political comments in there and see what it gets you...