On top of that, White QB's need a really talent WR

core to be sucessful. Look at Peyton Manning/Rich

Gannon and Kurt Warner.

[censored], Bret Farve is overrated also. Seems like all he

does these days is throw INT's. He had 5 againest

the Rams in the playoffs a few years ago and already

had like 4 in one game this year.

• Admin

I think people are making a big deal out of nothing. Simply because a white man commented on a black man, it suddenly becomes racism. Nothing he said was racist. He just said what most people think but don't have the guts to say. which are...

1. The NFL badly wants top quality black QB's to market to he nation -- TRUTH

2. Mcnabb is overrated - TRUTH

3. He gets more credit for his teams success than he deserves - TRUTH.

It's truely sad that in this day and age people are so ignorant. Are we supposed to have a commentator of every race so that they can safely make comments about players of that race? Is that the only way people can criticize a player of a different race than their own without it becoming racism?

It seems that's how it is in sports and in most other areas of life these days and it's stupid.

While I agree that McNabb isn't the best, he's still better

than alot of great white hops that are in the league.

Kyle Boller? Doug Johnson? Jay Fiedler?

I tyhink the race issue goes both ways. What about Jason

Seahorn? Why was this guy talked about like was a star?

He's never even made a pro bowl. He and Urlacher are

both examples of how it works both ways.

"1. The NFL badly wants top quality black QB's to market to he nation -- TRUTH

3. He gets more credit for his teams success than he deserves - TRUTH."

- i could see why peop would say that... but if he was on a team like the BENGALS, nobody would call him overrated. He gets much exposure just cuz his team is good. And if a teams good, its usually led by a good quarterback and the quarterback is one of the main reasons the team is good. In the case with Philly, they had a good Defensive unit to go with an offensive unit... so he did get more credit than others. But as a single player, he has more influence on his team than anyone else.

Overall, it doesnt matter if hes overrated or not... hes still one of the better QBs in this league. And the comments... yeah, that was unnecessary. Never say anything racial-related comment in pro sports... just keep it on ur mind.

As for Urlacher... how would u compare him to Brooking and Spikes? whos the best, second, last? jus curious

Who the [censored] has ever said that Boller, Fiedler, or the piece of crap that is Doug Johnson are on McNabb's level?

McNabb is overrated. The defense is what has made the Eagles contenders for the past few years. They lost some people, they've struggled, and the entire team has as a result.

But, McNabb is still miles ahead of the three you mentioned.

• Admin

But that really has nothing to do with the issue. Busts are busts, regardless of their race.

Still doesn't change the fact that what limbaugh said wasn't racist. [censored] it wasn't even inappropriate. He said what any half intelligent person can see with their own eyes. There have been many articles printed over the last few years about how the "NFL needs superstar black QB's". All rush did was relate that same discussion to a pariticular player, Mcnabb.

• Admin

because he was paid to make commentary that was controversial and provoked debate, not just say the same stuff every other half-wit sports guy has already said.

What he said did that. Unfortunately he said it in a time when any sort of black/white commentary from a white man is racism. Regardless of whether it actually is or not.

anyway, we've already talked about it here more than it deserves. I'm done with it.

Even though Fiedler isnt the most gifted QB in football, he does have the highest winning percentage of any starting QB over the past 3 years. Sure Miami has had a good defense, but so has Philly and yet Fiedler still has a higher winning percentage. I think McNabb is a good QB, but he is no McNair or Warner or even Brad Johnson. What makes those guys better than McNabb is that they are winners. They have all proven that they can win the big game. I know the McNair lost the SB by a yard, but at least he got his team there and shows up every year no matter how hurt he is prepared to carry the team. This year is a great time for McNabb to show that he can carry a team because their defense so far looks like a shell of its former self.

My feelings on this Rush thing are that I agree with what he said. I think that there is far too much pressure on the league to hire black coaches, black QBs, etc. Who cares what skin color someone is. I wouldnt care if every QB and coach in the league is black. I will still cheer for the Dolphins until I cant cheer anymore. Same thing would happen if every QB and coach was white. I just think its a [censored] shame that Rush has gotten so much crap for speaking his mind, using his God given and Constitution given right to free speech in the process.

Its true everyone has freedom of speech, but that doesn't

mean you can't get smacked on for your opinion. Warner

is long gone. He hasn't won a game in nearly 2 years. No

way he's better than McNabb now.

Brad Johnson is a slightly above average QB and McNair

is having some good years. However, I don't think he'll

put up 20 TD's for that much longer.

The most overrated QB now is Bret Farve. Because of what

he did in the mid 90's people look past the fact that now

he throws an aweful lot of INT's...He's also been horrible

in big games over the last few years. It's not McNabb's

fault that Tampa Bay was way more talented than Philly

overall.

"Brad Johnson is a slightly above average QB"

- from talent point of view... i agree... but the guy is calm and makes great decisions on the field..

the only thing i have to say about this controversy is this...

- if Philly hasnt been strugglin (and instead, winning)- none of this talk would happen and mcnabb would be another MVP candidate....

- now that they arent playin like the 2nd best NFC team, its nothin but criticism...

just my honest opinion

• Premium Member

In reply to:

. The NFL badly wants top quality black QB's to market to he nation -- TRUTH

3. He gets more credit for his teams success than he deserves - TRUTH.

Similar to Rush, you're running without the facts.

The facts are these:

1. McNabb has 3 probowl selections to his credit. Did the media give him those?? No. His peers did.

2. McNabb has the 4th best TD/INT ratio in the HISTORY of Football. That means you take Joe Nameth, Norm Van Broklynn and all these other guys and Measure them up against McNabb. By the Numbers, McNabb is better. This is the stat that QBs are measured by right??

3. McNabb is QB for a team that doesn't have many offensive weapons. Imagine. What if McNabb QBed for Indianapolis, St. Loius, or San Fran. I think that's all that needs to be said on that.

So, Rush made his statement based on what?? When it comes down to it, just like you, all he has to base his statement on is feelings... NOT Facts. And when you consider the statement and his feelings, it points to the fact that he made the statement based on racist sentiment.

• Admin

Rush made his statement based on.......HIS OPINION. nothing more. Who the [censored] ever said that he was basing his entire statement on fact?

The fact is, currently, Mcnabb IS overrated in the minds of many. And obviously in the mind of Limbaugh. But whether he is or not is always going to be opinion. There is no plausible way to consider it a fact.

The fact is, the media is been aching to get superstar quality black QB"s for YEARS.

What more information do you need to allow the man the right to form his own opinion without it being racism? Grow up. LImbaugh just combined those two things and it suddenly becomes racism.

IF you honestly think that's a racist comment, You don't have damned clue what racism is anymore. I don't care what race you are personally. You are clueless if someone pointing out the fact that the sports media wants superstar black QB's and then giving his opinion that Mcnabb is overrated is somehow racism... what a joke.

• Premium Member

You're right Chillz...

Rush gave his opinion... But here's the heart of the matter.

His opinion had and has NO basis. Anybody who watches football realizes that Rush's opinion was ludicris....

I know, so what's the problem.

The Problem is that he made the opinion which was ludicris then he made the comment afterward which was racial slander.

To say... "I believe McNabb is Overrated. " is one thing. That's fine, you are entitled to that opinion, but he tried to justify his opinion by using his own racial bigotry as a basis....

That's why people are upset.

Yes, there are people black and white Philly fans and Falcon fans who believe that McNabb is overrated. But how many of them believe that McNabb is overrated because of some conspiracy cooked up by the media to have better BLACK QB role models???

I would say none... Just Rush.

So the real question is Why does he hold that belief???