• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Why has Josh Powell fallen out of the rotation?

AnthonyI11

• Premium Member

Am I the only one who thinks Josh Powell can give us 10x better minutes than Zaza? I mean, please.. He plays well when he's out there.

All I know is that he showed more of a willingness to mix it up with Amare on one play in garbage time than the rest of the frontcourt showed in the rest of the game.

Same issue Teague has. Not an impact in his appearances far too much. In the NBA as a bench player. They don't want greatness, just an impact for what you do and consistency.

Zaza is terrible. The only reason I think they play him is because of the contract. He's making 4 mill/year so they're making him work for it.

This maybe true but look at our Centers in general. Collins, Zaza, and Etan aren't world beaters.

• Moderators

I'm just not seeing that Teague doesn't have an impact. HIs first play in the game he drives all the way to the hole to lay one in. Then Nique criticizes him for doing it again and missing. Sure he was a little out of control but at least he's making something happen. The starters are dribbling out the shot clock down 14 with 2 minutes to go.

• Premium Member

What bench player is playing well these days? LD continues to f this team up! Woody had Zaza, Mo, and Crawford playing 10x better.

• Premium Member

He's not giving these guys consistent minutes as a group and that's the reason there's no chemistry. At least Woody had a plan and stuck with it. You can't decide your bench lineup by pulling names out of a hat. Figure out what guys play well together and stick with it!

• Premium Member

Powell has been unequivocally worse in every conceivable way than Joe Smith was for us the year before. How good do most of you think Joe Smith was last year?

and Joe Smith was SMH bad.

I was about to ask this same question. There is no reason Zaza should be playing over Powell. I guess you gotta play the higher paid player? Stupid. Bout time to cut the losses with Zaza.

Guess that explains why Mo still gets min. He's making a couple of mill for doing absolutely nothing.

• Moderators

He's not giving these guys consistent minutes as a group and that's the reason there's no chemistry. At least Woody had a plan and stuck with it. You can't decide your bench lineup by pulling names out of a hat. Figure out what guys play well together and stick with it!

Woody's substitutions were based on how much time was on the clock. At least there is an attempt now to exploit matchups...or there was. Of course I don't see where what LD is doing now is any different than what Woody did. Play 6 guys 35+ minutes and throw Zaza and Mo out there for 5-10. It wasn't a good plan for Woody and it ain't a good plan now.