• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

JORDAN CRAWFORD FOR RAMON SESSION?

JohnnyCASH

The paper also notes that the Atlanta Hawks are said to have interest in Sessions. Several sources say that the Hawks are offering a second-round pick for Sessions, but the Plain Dealer reports that that won't be enough. The Plain Dealer says that rookie Jordan Crawford(notes), whose big claim to fame is that he dunked on LeBron James(notes) a few summer camps ago, is a possibility.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors/post/Hornets-want-Antawn-Jamison-?urn=nba-322665

THOUGHTS???? I REALLY LIKE JC2 BUT WE REALLY NEED A POINT

That can't happen because the salaries are too far apart. We'd have to include Mo Evans or make the deal bigger. I'd do Mo / JC2 / 2nd for Sessions but we'd have to commit to using the big lineup with Marvin off the bench or we'd have to find a backup SF somewhere.

That can't happen because the salaries are too far apart. We'd have to include Mo Evans or make the deal bigger. I'd do Mo / JC2 / 2nd for Sessions but we'd have to commit to using the big lineup with Marvin off the bench or we'd have to find a backup SF somewhere.

OF COURSE BUT JC2 WILL BE THE MAIN PIECE

WE HAVE DAMIEN

Edited by marion706

I am totally v. a deal for Sessions but Jordan Crawford/Mo or 2nd round pick/Mo/Etan isn't too bad of value in any trade. I guess I am okay with it. If we do this deal, it's the end of Jeff in Atlanta, not as a part of this deal but in another. What do you think about this?

ATL-CLE-MEM

I am totally v. a deal for Sessions but Jordan Crawford/Mo or 2nd round pick/Mo/Etan isn't too bad of value in any trade. I guess I am okay with it. If we do this deal, it's the end of Jeff in Atlanta, not as a part of this deal but in another. What do you think about this?

ATL-CLE-MEM

whoaaaa way too much at 1 time...but did you hear your old buddy mayo is about to been traded for courtney lee how does that make you feel i know we could get him for a a better package than courtney lee

ATL-CLE-MEM

Sessions(stop gap)/Bibby/Sy

Joe/Mayo(PG of future)/Henry

Smith/Marvin/Wilkins/Henry

Horford/Powe/Powell

Collins/Thabeet/Zaza

whoaaaa way too much at 1 time...but did you hear your old buddy mayo is about to been traded for courtney lee how does that make you feel i know we could get him for a a better package than courtney lee

Until it happens, nothing to talk about on that front. They want more than a Courtney Lee type from what I heard. Courtney Lee is worst than Tony Allen. They do the same thing but Allen is better at it.

• Premium Member

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors/post/Hornets-want-Antawn-Jamison-?urn=nba-322665

THOUGHTS???? I REALLY LIKE JC2 BUT WE REALLY NEED A POINT

I stick by my original thought.

Moon/Sessions for JCraw2/Marvin/1st.

Scott is in the dealer crying for defense. Marvin was the target of Cleveland (Shaq) this past offseason. They won't trade sessions for anything less than Marvin and a first.

After reading my rumors, this is the thought...

Jamison will end up with the Hornets by Hook or Crook.

So, I ran the dieselputer on this problem... and here's what I got...

This could be done

According to the latest rumors, NO really wants Jamison but because they are owned by the NBA (problem) they wont go into the LT...

BUT...

If this trade goes down... Cleveland also gets a first from NO and a first from ATL.

They would have cleared lots of cap space, guaranteed themselves a top 4 pick and 2 first rounders... and have Jordan Crawford as a building piece.

So going into the future, Cleveland can start rebuilding with:

Williams, Gibson, Varejao, Hickson, Crawford, and some rooks. Then add in those draft picks and they would still have about 20 Million dollars to woo some FAs? They're not going to get Chris Paul but they can certainly shoot a deal for Jeff Green or Zach Randolph or somebody.

Or maybe they could get Paul. I forgot about Byron Scott!!!!

Edited by Diesel

Do it! Based off this teams play the past few weeks its worth it. We need to roll the dice and take a chance. JC2 may be good, but the Hawks are utilizing him. He is shooting 33% from the floor. Nothing hot. Sessions is nothing great, but I really think he could excel with out system. He is a true PG

Accolades: Second Team All-WAC (07), WAC Freshman of the Year (05), WAC All-Newcomer Team (05), South Carolina 3A Player of the Year – high school (04), All-State – South Carolina – high school (04), All-State – South Carolina – high school (03).

Scouting Report: A solid point guard with good all-around skills.

Strengths: Good ball handler. Very fast – can get the ball up the floor in a hurry. Good jumping ability. Scrappy rebounder – averaged over four boards a game the past two seasons. Quick hands on defense. Became a very good free throw shooter his junior year. Good ball control – almost twice as many assist than turnovers. Can hit the three-pointer.

Weaknesses: Needs to show that he can score – junior season was his only year in double digits in scoring per game. Shoots the three for a good percentage, but has only hit 25 long bombs total for his college career – needs to establish an outside shot to stop NBA defenders from cheating off him. Junior year was the only season he shot for a respectable percentage from the field.

Projected 2007 Draft Range: Mid second round pick.

Consensus: Sessions is a solid college player, but he would benefit from another year in college. With scoring machine Nick Fazekas graduating, Sessions could take a bigger role in the offense next season and become more of an outside threat.

ATL-CLE-MEM

what the hell is this, this will never happen. I don't understand the fascination with juice mayo, it's not like he's going to come off the bench for any other team besides the Lakers. The Hawks will never put any kind of trade like this off, we'll be lucky if we deal for Ramon Sessions alone.

• Premium Member

Session is the PG of a team that darn near broke the (all time all sports) record for most consecutive loses. You have to wonder how much of his production is meaningful.

Edited by NineOhTheRino
  • Like 1

Session is the PG of a team that darn near broke the (all time all sports) record for most consecutive loses. You have to wonder how much of his production is meaningful.

Same was said of Jamal yet he managed to flourish when he go to a winning team. Fact is, for the investment you are not going to do any better and he brings plenty to the table for a team like us. If it costs us the 27th pick in a weak draft, one of our numerous 2nd rounders and Mo's headband you'd be a fool not to look into it.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Never said Hawks shouldn't pick him. I'm saying us fans can't bank on him being anything other than a defensive upgrade over Bibby.

No Hawks fan should have doubted Jamal. I saw enough from him in NY to know he could score with the best. I did question his defense.

Josh Smith shouldnt be startin at sf. He's a pf. PERIOD! Heck, he's even beginning to stand at the 3 pt line when he's at pf. Gotta keep him in the post.

I know LD wont bring Smoove off the bench in favor of Marvin when we go with the BIG lineup, but if it means starting Josh at sf, he needs to. He's turning into Jumpshot central. Btw, I'd do that deal in a heartbeat. Anything to bring Bibby off the bench.

Edited by terrell

Never said Hawks shouldn't pick him. I'm saying us fans can't bank on him being anything other than a defensive upgrade over Bibby.

No Hawks fan should have doubted Jamal. I saw enough from him in NY to know he could score with the best. I did question his defense.

Yea, but he put up points inefficiently and on bad teams, there's plenty to doubt there yet he came in here and made a difference. He's not a defensive upgrade to Bibby, he's a scoring and passing upgrade for half the price and 8 years younger. He's been rather consistently good throughout his career at driving and dishing outside of his year in Minnesota where he played in the Triangle, an offense that is the entire opposite of his game. It's really kind of shameful that people are selling this guy short. Hawksquawk tends to undervalue unknown guys yet overrate guys with big names, it's as if their name is going to win games for us and not their talent.

• Like 1

He penetrates and plays OK defense, but....

HE CAN'T SHOOT!!!

Career: 45%FG for a guy that penetrates mostly and an abysmal 18% 3PT shooter....Uuugh! I rather have Calderon + Bibby!

My ideal PG trade would be to get Devin Harris.

Edited by y2kenta
  • Like 1

Josh Smith shouldnt be startin at sf. He's a pf. PERIOD! Heck, he's even beginning to stand at the 3 pt line when he's at pf. .

umm he's be doing that for years.It has nothing to do with him playing sf.He has always stands around the 3pt line no matter

what position he plays.especially when JJ is in dribble, dribble, dribble mode.